Say No To Nightshades

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Omnipotence

Omnipotence
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Nightshades should be removed from the game.

Nightshades empower players to kill others without chance of death. It removes the requiremnet of skill from the game and makes it less enjoyable for players who cannot afford or obtain the item and less enjoyable for players who choose to level their characters. Nightshades can be purchased or earned far to easy for the power they posses. They are not allowed in events for this reason and therefore should not be allowed ingame. Nightshades promote dominance and not equality.

Suggestions for removal: The method for farming nightshades should be removed from game. The item should be removed from the store shelves for purchase. The item itself should be modified to become non-usable and the item should be resellable to a vender in Nightmist for 5,000. Thus, players who have them can gain 5k per nightshade but not benefit in use.

If nothing else this will promote teamwork, seeing as players will have to work together to kill another player. Because we all know pkers fear the idea of "dueling" or even being challenged when they try to kill someone.

Opposition to my suggest just promotes dominance and is the sole reason why players have left.

Powerful player:"It makes it harder for me to kill people, fk that"

Edited by Omnipotence, 27 April 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#2 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

No! :P

Reason = "Hitokiri: im the reason"

Edited by Dangerous, 27 April 2009 - 04:58 PM.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:11 PM

I did once suggest that their price should be increased slightly, albeit to make Alchemy a little more appealing (and not just in the Nightshade department, but also to make things like full-heal potions more valuable). I did think 15k was a fairly high price to pay just to PK one player who probably won't have that much gold on them, but then again, a few players know where they can stockpile them relatively easily. I would personally make the Armoire much less likely to drop it... I'm hoping the /examine down in the Laboratories being day-spawn is a long enough period to make farming it a little prohibitive.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

unsupported
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#5 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

not supported.

and there like 7k in chronos lol

Edited by Isolated, 27 April 2009 - 07:39 PM.

f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#6 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

I actually wouldnt be against this as it is extremely easy to manipulate how the game is designed by drinking a nightshade. Matter of fact, with 1click attackers they make the game half retarded. I use to use alot of nightshades on mage which people can still survive if they are tapping like mad, which happened sometimes, but with an assassin 2 clicks and your dead. Pretty much instantaneously.

F1=/cast assassinate/name1
F2=/cast assassinate/name2
F3=/cast assassinate/name3
F4=/cast assassinate/name4
F5=/cast assassinate/name5
F6=/cast assassinate/name6
F7=/cast assassinate/name7
F8=/cast assassinate/name8
F9=/cast assassinate/name9
F10=nothing
f11=/cast assassinate/name10
f12/use nightshade elixir

ofc you would have the first few names the better crits of someones party... and f1/f12/f1/f12/f2/f12/f2/f12/f3/f12/f4/f12/f4/f12/f5/f12/f6/f12/f7/f12/f8/f12/f8/f12/f9/f12/f10/f12/f10...

10kills easy as hell.. i support the idea that they are made way harder to obtain, as 7.5k is change to alot of players.

#7 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

on a sidenote, if they were made harder to obtain rather than being removed, viperclaws recipe would probably need a change, or the viperclaws ingame could just have a rapid increase in value, which ever lol..

#8 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Just take away stamina regain, if you want epic stamina, use a jaguar potion ;p

Neutral.

#9 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

id be for making them more obtainable, via the shops and drops if the stam regain was dropped..

#10 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

It is a thing of beaty to see in clan chat, one by one, within a matter of seconds, seeing 6-8-10-12 players getting pked by one character. The colors are so pretty. I get a mad adrenaline rush when I do come across a party and I am able to "shade" most if not all of them.

No! :P

Reason = "Hitokiri: im the reason"

And ffs ppl, I only shaded a DA/TH/DA/(you get the point) party a few times. The biggest party I ever got was like 10 or 11(maybe 12?) by myself.

Why not just lobby to remove me from the game since alot of the complaining you are doing is what I started or generate.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#11 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:01 AM

and yet another argument to why thiefs are overpowered, a lone non spelled zerk couldn't do that much damage to a party.

#12 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

lol @ thieves doing more damage then zerks.

lol @ walt thinking he could kill 12 people before they ran/logged/killed him

I'm also confused as to why you want shades gone. Nightshades help you kill foes you would normally not be able to. So why would you not want this help against the big bad thief army? I'd say about half of your clans pks come way of Nightshade. But because a couple of people skillfully use them to take out a party they should be removed?

How 'bout no.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#13 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

lol @ thieves doing more damage then zerks.

lol @ walt thinking he could kill 12 people before they ran/logged/killed him

I'm also confused as to why you want shades gone. Nightshades help you kill foes you would normally not be able to. So why would you not want this help against the big bad thief army? I'd say about half of your clans pks come way of Nightshade. But because a couple of people skillfully use them to take out a party they should be removed?

How 'bout no.

Clay, if you cant kill 10 people with shades on a lvl 35 dwarf thief you blow hard... like seriously, if you have your macro's set and everyone is hitting mobs or w/e you will have about a 10 second window to rape the entire party.. i just demonstrated how easily it was above... and as for you saying that is skilled that makes me mooseing rolllllll... matter of fact, to use the word thief and skill in the same sentence is pretty lame...

#14 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

Ok, allow me to clarify.

You guys log too mooseing quick to get all 11/12 shades off.

And as far as your second point goes, to use Nightmist and skill in the same sentance is pretty lame, if you wanna go that route. But I'd say taking out a party with one crit is pretty skillfull (as far as Nightmist goes).

So staying on topic, not supported.

Edit: You guys as in DA/TH in general. Not calling anyone out.

Edited by Sausage, 28 April 2009 - 08:04 AM.

#15 xFreekx

xFreekx
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

I think that nightshades are for teh nubs! When I played, Taking out a party of 10 or so was easy mode even without shades. Here's an idea, if you have to use shades to kill someone that means you probably shouldn't be killing that person 1v1..... Meaning it wasnt meant to be........ Meaning you suck. :P

#16 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

and yet another argument to why thiefs are overpowered, a lone non spelled zerk couldn't do that much damage to a party.

For someone who claims to be so superior, you sure do have a very inferior intelect. The word is spelled THIEVES not thiefs when you are plurarlizing. Now I know I make typos all the time, but someone of your high stature :P should never make these basic mistakes should you?
As for a thief doing more damage then a zerk, I say this, I am 2 levels higher then the closest zerk in game. I do not come close to doing that zerks max damage. I do more consistant damage overall though, since zerks have a higher miss rate than thieves do.

I think that nightshades are for teh nubs! When I played, Taking out a party of 10 or so was easy mode even without shades. Here's an idea, if you have to use shades to kill someone that means you probably shouldn't be killing that person 1v1..... Meaning it wasnt meant to be........ Meaning you suck. :wub:

Never used shades for a 1 on 1. Always used shades to kill hopes and dreams of a whole party. So are you saying that the clan you were just in shouldn't be trying to pk and sucks at it, even when using nightshades? On a side note, I guess welcome back to the forums. You are the tricky one aren't you? Playing again now too? :)

To Clay: You have seen first hand my "fireworks" in CC. You love it!

Edited by Walt, 28 April 2009 - 12:02 PM.

#17 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

Lol @ clay/walt.

Please walt tell him how easy it is to use shades on a 1click attacker. And get on a mage clay, you'd get raped :P.

And, there are plenty of skills(maybe not plenty, but some.. clicking a picture one time isnt one of them) to develop in nightmist. Some people run soooooooo fast from place to place. And i guarantee Rappy will beat you in a 3v3. /shrug... as for a mage/druid, people have these things called Advanced Healing Potions and they can drink em in between attacks, you knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Edited by Achilles, 28 April 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#18 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

Hey kids, nightshades r bad, u shouldn't use nightshades, mmkay, if u use 'm, u r bad, cuz nightshades r bad, mmkay, is a bad thing to use nightshades, so don't be bad, by doing nightshades, mmkay, that would be bad, cuz nightshades r bad, mmkay..
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#19 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Lol @ clay/walt.

Clay is a funny man, I give him that. If you think he is humorus on the forums, you should see founder chat. I won't even go into EC though, as you guys are far not sexy enough to know what goes on in there.

Please walt tell him how easy it is to use shades on a 1click attacker. And get on a mage clay, you'd get raped :).

He knows how well I do when carrying an inventory of shades. I once had to help him and a few other clannies pick up their gapping jaws from the CH floor and put it back in place(think it was my run in on a Gristle stomping).

Some people run soooooooo fast from place to place.

I have had many a shade go unused because I was camped at a ktp waiting on a party, and said ktp fell quickly and the party got into town.

And i guarantee Rappy will beat you in a 3v3. /shrug...

My cat walking on Manda's keyboard may be able to beat me 3v3, so big whoop a player who excels at main doing this.
That is why I always chuckle when anyone claims I multipc. You all have no idea just how uncoordinated I am when it comes to playing multiple alts.

Nightshades are fine the way they are. Someone who is non-Pande started with the shades. Now all of a sudden, since you guys drop more then you get to use and pk with, you want it changed?

I noticed most of the people who also supported a reset for 1a where the ones who :

A) quit and do not play anymore
:P had a good portion of their accounts perm/deleted because of tos violations/hiding banned players

Why don't we just make a suggestion to have one race/class and everyone have the same stats. Only one set of armor and other equipable items too. Have it set so the players cast/hit for the same exact damage on every hit.

Even if this happens, I guarantee that someone complains about so and so having a faster conection/ping and they always get the upper hand because of that.

#20 Ember

Ember
  • Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

lol thank you for the fun read,but how about instead of crying about it everyday do somethign about it, train your characters to higher levels get better equipment, and nightshades if needed and beat these so called "unskilled" players instead of complaining about it over and over on forums.

Edited by Ember, 28 April 2009 - 08:20 PM.

Eclipse on 1Alt.

#21 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Ember: You da man. My sediments exactly.

Ryan: Try and pretend I didn't pwn ass on Mammoth all the way to arch. Thanks go to Rick for totally jacking up the pk:death ratio. Kermits not a bad lil nub mage either tyvm.

Walt: Only time my jaw was on the floor was when I was trying to get Founder.

#22 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

mk i know i dont pk pretty much ever but people pk me so it does apply.
Saying this I don't think they should be changed really, although it is easy to get them. /shrug
I do agree with the "train your crits higher and get better equipment" suggestion though (isn't this what nightmist is about?)

oh well :P
Neo Ingame

#23 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

For someone who claims to be so superior, you sure do have a very inferior intelect. The word is spelled THIEVES not thiefs when you are plurarlizing. Now I know I make typos all the time, but someone of your high stature :P should never make these basic mistakes should you?
As for a thief doing more damage then a zerk, I say this, I am 2 levels higher then the closest zerk in game. I do not come close to doing that zerks max damage. I do more consistant damage overall though, since zerks have a higher miss rate than thieves do.

i dont claim to be superior, people just realize and respect i am.
for the umpteenth time

What i'm saying is a lone crit shouldnt be able to do that much damage with 14 nightshade inven..

or better yet just offer jlh more $ or euros to buy the game.. so you can you know attempt to be a decent player

#24 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

Umm...topic goes to flaming, utter nonsense, and all around off-topic.

I can't see any odds pointing towards special potions being removed from the game. They provide some of the real exciting and skillful play, and they make the impossible become possible.

I'm just going to lock this up.
Sorry that your co-players cannot keep discussions relatively on-track.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users