• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:30 PM

Just a thought. I was messing around on my druid while bored...and threw some gold at someone. Anyone find it kinda silly that a Jaguar can throw gold? I think the game, although an escape from the norm and reality, would be better if some elements were a little more realistic. When morphed animals shouldnt be able to throw gold, etc. I am aware that animals dont talk either, and that this could get into hella long debate over what should/shouldnt be allowed in instances like this. Would like to hear others opinions, as I dont know if/when this has ever been brought up before.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#2 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:58 PM

yeh lol i saw it and i was like wtf?!? that cant be happening. :unsure:

#3 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:17 PM

also they probably should be able to use armour and if u wanna be really realistic all thier eq should just drop off, but that aint gonna happen.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#4 Stealthy One

Stealthy One
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:20 PM

If ya wanna be really really really realistic ya shouldn't be able to "morph" into an animal, unless you are an indian :unsure:

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:22 PM

I'm amazed at how every race is able to speak English (albeit, some very badly).
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

maybe by amazing coincidence that all the races respective langauges are the same as english :unsure: just like in the simpsons and the aliens.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#7 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 06:30 PM

Ever watched Farscape?

#8 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:02 PM

I'm sure all the learned people can speak a "common" tongue with their own native tongue somewhere else in their repetoire.

Of course, it seems that none of the races know anything but common...
Posted Image

#9 TimmyRamone

TimmyRamone
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 12:55 AM

Isn't it also amazing that all the monsters in nightmist are richer than me? I mean, where do they get this gold from?
I haven't got any illusions about anything. Having said that, I still want to try to change things.
-Joe Strummer

#10 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:02 AM

Isn't it also amazing that all the monsters in nightmist are richer than me? I mean, where do they get this gold from?

That was brought up by Bishop. He proposed that non-humanoid monsters drop an "item" that would be stored in a special inventory (of about 100 items). Small snakes would drop venom, bears would drop bear pelts, orcs would drop minute amounts of gold and continue to drop their short swords, etc.

These items would just be held in this special inventory until the player could get back to town to sell them.
Posted Image

#11 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 06:10 PM

I like that idea. But monsters get the money from players the kill and players get the money from monsters they kill. Its sort of a cycle.
Stadic Ingame...

#12 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 04:49 PM

yeh .. spiders and snakes have a lil pocket on their trousers where they keep their gold. :unsure:

#13 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:43 PM

and speaking of realism, isn't it odd that if someone kills you in the middle of the woods you end up in a bar? no search parties or federal raids...no nothing, and nothings more realistic then talken to §åm

Edited by MCM, 29 November 2004 - 07:44 PM.

The Smily Pill

#14 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:46 PM

would be better if they dropped hides or summit.
Feck Off

#15 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:15 PM

it seems to have escaped some people that this is a fantasy game, therefore no, it isn't really that realistic.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#16 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:28 PM

it seems to have escaped some people that this is a fantasy game, therefore no, it isn't really that realistic.

It isn't medieval, or whatever.. It's fantasy, hear that word there... fantasy. True, yes, vaguely based around a medieval time, but not medieval.

Oh, how cool do I look now.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#17 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

well i dont think anyone is serious here, or i hope they arent, were are just messing around with the odd stuff :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users