• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

Ok, so lvling to 36 is a bigger rip-off than anything Yosha ever pulled. My proposal would be to give people who do cough up the cash a nice lil item for their troubles, eg:

lvl 36 get a 1ac bracelet
lvl 37 get some 5ac boots
lvl 38 get a +dex ring
lvl 39 get 12ac helmet
lvl 40 get 10ac +1 all stats gloves

or something...just some nice lil things to reward people for hard work and make up for not being able to afford csotw :ph34r:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

Although I like the idea, how can you say its a rip-off? Ifeveryone has to pay the same price it just makes it the new standard. All it does is make lvl 35+ more valuable... Or were you planning on investing your gold?

Edit: Coming from a thieves point of view ofc. Classes that need pots and/or mana..yea well..tough luck :ph34r:

Edited by Angelus, 02 May 2008 - 10:47 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#3 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

Angelus, i believe he is placeing his gold in an off shore account for future invesments, you didn't know you could do this with nightmist gold?.

Original idea totally unsupported the reward of more hp and mp is more then enough for any level past 30.
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#4 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

Original idea totally unsupported the reward of more hp and mp is more then enough for any level past 30.

/nod
-Alias ingame-

#5 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:05 PM

you forgot stam :ph34r:

but, i disagree...it would be nice to have items as a reward too

Also, for lvls 37-40 can we get double hp again? so zerks could get 72hp a lvl lol

#6 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

Hp and stam is a nice bonus, on main, where it's not needed.

Where should it be more exspensive...

I was thinking lvling to 36 gets you a bracelet with +1 to each stat, when you lvl to 40, it goes away, make the enduring heartache and 4.8bil a tad easier.

Or put the price down to 1m...pls

#7 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

2mill and no items for the win.. who said it was suppose to be easy..i remember people grumbling that it was too much exp when they first introduced the extra ten levels...
-Alias ingame-

#8 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:38 PM

besides.... they said that this is the price for thieves.. im sure mages/druids will be relatively cheaper(1millish)...and in my opinion rangers should be a should be somewhere in between considering how easy it is to get gristle token...
-Alias ingame-

#9 Cuban

Cuban
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

I was thinking lvling to 36 gets you a bracelet with +1 to each stat, when you lvl to 40, it goes away, make the enduring heartache and 4.8bil a tad easier.

I like that idea but make it so u get it at lvl 40, it's would be like the ultimate prize for all your hard work..also make it untradeable, un dropable, and unable to be given away.
SaintAngel Multi

Rox em Sox em Boppers

#10 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

The main issue I have with the extra levels is that there isn't enough incentive. I can get a lvl 27 zerk...the incentive I have to get to 30 is Blade of Time. Other classes get new equip, etc etc. There needs...really really needs to be new equip between 30-40 - it's by FAR the longest part of the game. People tell me it will be unbalanced, I would argue as follows:

You could stop the equipment at say lvl 25. The game would be balanced. The addition of new weapons, armor, spells etc between lvls 25-30 does NOT unbalance the game. It would not be a huge task to put in new items/weapons/armor/equip for ALL classes from 30-40 in such a way as to not unbalance the game. This would have the ADDED benefit of making it far harder for say a lvl 35 thief to click a lvl 40 mage.

Do this, and everything will be just peachy.

#11 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

yeah well gaddy said something like "no one has a lvl 40 mage so we dont know that yet" blah blah yeah 35 thief could click 40 mage...
New armors sound good, but as for higher base dmg weapons, Im against
Posted Image

#12 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:04 PM

As i recall while on my lvl 25 zerk, lol its been awhile, i was hitting bears for around 80 max damage.
so lets say i had 9 stam. 80*9=720. Lol that could click every non-zerk. then take in that u could zerk another zerk for 100+ x9. yeah and just think average hp for ling/gnome is 474.5.

average lvl past 29 is least possible gain + max possible gain /2
so u get (16+21)/2=18.5
19+
28*9+
18.5*11=
474.5=
see zerk run and hide!! especially if they have a cleric.
It will be like hance/rf click!! /p name lol i killed u with 5 stam!!

So i believe new armors are necessary nothing else.

"Wake Up!!" 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users