Remove The Ktp Monsters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 £ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ

£ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

iam so sick of this ktp bs, i just died twice by ogre's and once by orc's just to get from sarka to check mayor and to dendeya to check hl, i think alot better things could of been done to fix our current problem of gate training, but the ktp monsters is totally screwed up and doesnt work well considering this is a ONE ALT SERVER,

anyways thats my opinion, and i think yalls idea of the ktp is just screwing up the game not helping it at all,

#2 Aries

Aries
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

Maybe if the ktp squares were made so that monsters could not stack it would be ok, however, being the way it is monsters stack anywhere from 2 to 5 such as ogres and makes it impossible to enter. I think that should be fixed. one monster per ktp square would be much more user friendly.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

I am okay with keeping kill-to-pass monsters on Kantele and Silversail due to the nearby presence of high-experience monsters and the fact they are fairly far afield, but I struggled with a pair of Ogres on a level 19 Paladin, south of Blackthorn... if I struggle with a mid-level crit, someone at level 15 or lower will have an even harder time.

Plus, as I've mentioned before in a different topic, they will become a haven for PKers waiting to collect the gold of players that have already been weakened by training and just wanting to get back into town to heal up. I'm not one to totally ban PKing, but that scenario comes across as totally unfair to me.

Edited by Crane, 14 April 2007 - 04:35 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 £ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ

£ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

i also just found out out that its been set so that hedge minions follow you now, so you cant hit/run them either, somenoe plz explain to me why hit and running is so bad? its called tactics

yes i agree bout that too, alltho i luv to pk i dont see it fair that i can just wait for ppl to come to me now, and their stuck to either run back into the wildness or die by my blast, not a very good choice if you just ran outa pots and got say 1k+ gold on you and your not a healer(considering only two types of characters are)

#5 vex

vex
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

i agree, they should remove the tkp monsters and make the squares around gate less exp or something, and to get ppl to work together they should remove clans. More ppl would work together because you wouldnt be pked or hated on cause of the clan you are in

Sarne ig

Edited by vex, 14 April 2007 - 05:23 PM.

Don't argue with an idiot They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

#6 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

Yeah the kill to pass monsters just to enter a town ruins the game right there.. It's an easy haven for unseen pkers to just sit and wait for those who were training got gold and then needed to go into a town to deposit it or were out of pots/mana and needed more.. How can we expect people to have to kill more monsters just to enter a town when they have no mana and barely any hp?
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#7 £ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ

£ã Cò§tâ Ñótrâ
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

i dont know, i think clans are to big of a part of nightmist to be removed, just go clanless if you dont wanna be hates by people

#8 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

As the announcement said, we have elected not to shut down the server while these changes are being made. You haven't seen everything yet, and you haven't seen the final form of anything at this time.

There is a substantial amount to be done, and there will be at least a week of this transition period. Wait until you've seen the final versions before you go about ranting on the forums for one thing or another.

Things will be changing though. Just because you can do something on NM-multi doesn't mean that you will be able to do it as easily on NM-1a. This is a different game, with a different flavor and different challenges.

Oh, and any abuse of the staff will be met quickly with an account ban. We're busy, we're tired, and we don't have the time to describe or justify every little change to each and every one of you. Wait and see.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users