Photo

Terri Schiavo

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Should they reinstate the feeding tube?

Should they reinstate the feeding tube?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:51 AM

Terri Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago from a heart attack. As a result she suffered major brain damage which some doctors say left her in a persistent vegetative state. She has been on a feeding tube every since. The feeding tube is the only form of life support that she needs.

The US courts recently passed a bill that states in the event that your spose is left in a persistent vegetative state that requires some form of life support, and do not have a will stating if you would like to live or die. That the well spouse can make that decision for you.

Now let me tell you about the son of a bish who wants her dead. 4 months after Terri had her heart attack he began dating. 4 years after that he moved in with this women and they have 2 children of their own. He recieved 300K for the lose of his spouse and an additional 700K payable over 7 years to pay for Terri's medical treatments. In her first 3 years she never saw a dentist. She lost 5 teeth as a result. The dickhead refused all forms of therapy that might have helped her had she of taken them early on. He refused even medication to fight off infections.

After the first 7 years he had her feeding tube removed. Ironically the same time they stopped paying out the 700K. Hmm. Well the family stepped in and 2 days later they put it back in. 4 years later he attempted it again. It lasted for 6 days that time.

Early examinations of her by doctors stated she was in a persistent vegetative state. Go figure. No therapy and she isn`t progressing? Hmm and they went to school for how long?

Terri is messed up. But she isn't so messed up that she doesn't know what is going on. Like many people in her condition they only respond to certain things. In this case it is her mother. She isn't out jumping rope with Mommy reliving the golden days. But she does respond. She has been filmed crying after her mother told her of her grandmother passing away. Nurses report that she would often smile when her mother would arrive for visits. She makes very little noise at all. But when asked if she wanted to live She managed to articulate the first two vowel sounds, first articulating AHHHHHHH and then virtually screaming WAAAAAAAA."

The parents have begged everyone in the US to allow them to care for their daughter. They don't want any help. They just want their daughter so they can care for her. And just because some asshole 16 years ago married her, he is the one who chooses if she should live or die.

I pray that someone with an evil heart will kill that son of a bish. Lock him in a basement and film his punk ass slowly starving to death.

Edited by Momba, 27 March 2005 - 02:03 AM.

My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#2 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:40 AM

You should also cite what the nurses have said. And maybe some of the suspissions about the husband. (I might later if I get less-busy)

#3 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:10 AM

I actually spoke to my parents about this, and what I would want if it happened to me. I would want the therapy, and I would want the doctors to give my parents a time frame. If, say, the doctor said, "If he is going to recover at all, it would be in the next four years." If i as not ANY better in 5 years, I would want the feeding tube removed. I wouldn't want to put my parents through the pain of seeing me like that.

If I did improve, but returned to a state of complete mental retardation, I'm still unsure. I'd like to think that just seeing me alive and responsive would make my parents happy, but I wouldn't want to put them through hard times having to take care of me.

Its a very sad thing that has happened to Terri. Because of the lack of therapy, she has not improved, and has been like this for 15 years ago. I wouldn't consider myself a religious person, but because of the cruelty she has endured, I think it is her time to go to heaven. I hope that what has happened to her has increased other people's alerts; it would be a good idea to have documented what you would personally want done to you in such a situation.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#4 »¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«

»¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:57 AM

Whats in question here? The removing of the feeding tube, or the morality of the husband. From what i've heard of the husband he is a jerk. How ever back on topic i believe that it should be removed. I consider it to be torture to leave the feeding tube on. She has no feeling, little thought if any, barely responds to movement.

If i could apply a song to it i'd say One By Metallica... a man with out limbs, sight, or hearing, slaming his head against the bed pleading the docters in sos to kill him. Only diffrence is she can't because she is 100% brain dead.

Edited by »¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«, 27 March 2005 - 03:58 AM.

They say that the good die young, thats why think that you should have fun, cuz time don't wait for no one.

#5 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:32 AM

How ever back on topic i believe that it should be removed. I consider it to be torture to leave the feeding tube on. She has no feeling, little thought if any, barely responds to movement.

That is what most people think. That is so so untrue. She does have feeling. I don't have the name off hand, but I assure you before nights end I will find it. A women recently came out of a coma. This women just so happened to be a psychotherapist. She was able to tell almost everything that went on around her while she was in a coma.

This has been the belief by many doctors for many years. They have tracked brain wave activity on coma patients and find they are still active. But until the accounts of the psychotherapist it was all just science. Now we have living proof that inside those powerless bodies lives a person. That person deserves just as much patients and care as we give premature babies. They come into the world underdeveloped. Incapable of doing anything for themselves. Through doctors and common medical practices we help them to grow strong. Just because Terri isn't strong enough to help herself doesn't mean we should give up. Just because todays medical field hasn't yet discovered the cure or the cause doesn't mean we should give up. If anything we need Terri more then she needs us. We need to preserve her life and learn from it. We need to try everything in our power to help her back to a normal life. So that maybe one day when someone we love is put in that situation we will have learned something by then.

We fear what we don't know. So does that mean we kill it?

#6 »¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«

»¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:46 AM

Dude... her brain stem is depleted... you can't fix that, and no matter what treatment you give her she won't get better, only worse... I see it as selfishness. Without modern medical science she would have been dead 15 years ago... i think its time to let her go.
They say that the good die young, thats why think that you should have fun, cuz time don't wait for no one.

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:51 AM

If I couldn't recover, I'd want to die asap.

#8 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:49 AM

I say keep her alive and learn from it basically what momba said.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#9 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:35 PM

would u guys keep ur daughter on a feeding tube for that long and go through all that pain for that long period of time? i kno i wouldnt

Edited by Exodia, 27 March 2005 - 01:36 PM.

Primex ingame

#10 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:43 PM

would u guys keep ur daughter on a feeding tube for that long and go through all that pain for that long period of time? i kno i wouldnt

Stop saying semi intelligent things, it makes me have to agree with you.

Point, I know the parents go there to see their daughter, but to watch her slowly deteriorate has to be painful. Let Terri move on to a happier place.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#11 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

wow dumbasses

I think everyone who voted no needs to do some research on this topic btw I will quote one of the nice warm hearted things the dewd has said

"when is that pregnant dog gonna die?"

its pretty obvious for anyone with even half a brain that he just wants her dead to merry his new chick which he has ALREADY had 2 kids by

so umm... yeah hes a lovable companion
Page/Memo Beatrix

#12 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:51 PM

Yes. If the doctors gave me even the slightest hope that she could one day recover even slightly I would do everything in my power to provide the best medical care there was.

My views are that of a father. 7 years ago as I sat on lunch break listening to all the mothers and fathers yack about their kids I used to say to myself, "please make them stfu already bout that damn kid." I mean I didn't have kids and couldn't relate to anything they were saying. It wasn't until my 2 kids were born that I realized what complete love was. Now don't get me wrong. I know love. I love my wife and other members of my family. But to love a child of your own is so much diffrent from anything else I have ever felt. I would literally give my own life to save theirs without question. So I see where her parents are coming from.

Maybe some of the reasons they want her left alive are selfish. But as a parent they are acting just like they should. They are protecting a part of themselves. They have hope that she will get better. Hope that medical science says they should have. Terri may never have the chance to jump rope or sing a song again. But we should never give up on life.

#13 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:24 PM

Now unless i missed something just recently, Every doctor who has physically looked at or examined terry have stated she will not get better. I worked on an ambulance with people who were in conditions similar to terrys, keeping them on life support even a feeding tube, is condeming them to live a life of a zombie, you eat and you lay there staring at the ceiling, but your brain is useless your stem is depleted, therefore you react with basic primal instincts. but it is not coherent thought it is your body reacting nothing more.
The moraliy of the husband is not a question, it is not even a part of this discussion, WHY because terry married him.Like it or not she did. Therefore making him the guardian of her life and or her death, this is life ladies and gentlemen when you give your life and heart to someone you are saying this is the person who want to care for or be cared for should i become sick or disabled, and should I need life support this is the person I want to decide do I live or die. Her parents as fight not because they think terry will recover because every doctor except one who by the way is being paid a great deal should he given terrys care is saying there is not a chance she will recover because she is not in a coma, she is in permanent vegitative state.
Jim you compared her to a premature baby but that comparison is about as realistic as comparing cartoons to real life, a premature baby will grow they will get stronger they can even feed themselves through a bottle, save for the few cases where true theropy is needed and even then, they can recover, terry can not. No amount of theropy will give her any better than what she has now, in the past maybe, but not now, to keep that tube in her is wrong both morally(even though im not christian) because in essence it is playing god, it forcing a life that should be over to continue on with out the natural resourses give by the gods.
I had to make the decision would i want to live if it came to this the day they said to me, Mr Hilton you have cancer and it has spread tomost of your chest wall on the left side, I had to decide what i wanted and even though Tanjacried and baracard from online my closest friend for 9 years fought with me they both understood when i said, No resperators, No heart control, and no feeding apperatus, if the gods call me home then by my goddess i will sit, and this is the case here.
The rebirth is coming, is he god or devil? The fires of Sol are burning. May they burn your fingers.

#14 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:19 PM

Well you did miss alot. Her last full examination was done 2 1/2 years ago. 6 doctors in all. Four of those examined her and two observed video or viewed her brain scans. 3 of those doctors concluded that with the proper therapy that terri could show signs of improvement. And one thing to point out is that all 6 of these doctors were ordered by the federal courts to review the case. Her parents nor Micheal had any involvement in who was chosen to examine her.

Her family has never been able to view her medical records until recently when they got a court order stating that they too could hire a doctor of their own to review the case. What they found was that in the 13 years prior Micheal has refused all forms of therapy for Terri. The very same therapy that would have helped her recover. The doctor (Dr. William Hammesfahr) had the following to say.

"In a PVS patient, a vegetative state patient, they will have maybe a brief glance towards the area from that orienting reflex followed by random eye movements in all different directions with no response, no facial response, no attempting to fixate with her eyes. ... She is absolutely responding to her mother. ... There's no doubt. She is definitely aware of her mother....

"She is communicating already. She is communicating through following instructions. She is communicating through gaze preferences towards people. ...She has the ability of language.

"No, she is not in a persistent vegetative state. ... She is severely injured. She was a medical survivor to another physician. I would say that she is expressively aphasic, that means she has lost the power to speak. ...She clearly understands some things. She is like spinal cord victim Christopher Reeves."

Another doctor who was hired by the Florida Judge who over saw the 2002 case had the following to say as well.

Dr. William Maxfield, a radiologist, who reviewed her brain scans and visited with her at least three times, said he did not think she was in a persistent vegetative state. He compared scans that were done in 1996 to pictures taken in the summer of 2002:

"The brain tissue on the '02 study has a more normal appearance than it did on the 1996 study. ... There can be some regeneration of brain tissue."

Asked if that meant she had more brain in 2002 than in 1996: "I wouldn't put it in terms of actually more brain. I would say that the brain that we see is more normal in pattern than on the '96 study. ... In looking at the brain we do not have any large areas of absent localization which would indicate total non-function or, and/or, absence of blood flow to that area.

"In my opinion, there's a significant probability that she would improve with hyperbaric oxygen therapy based on what I have seen in the CT of the brain, the SPECT scan, and my observation and examination of the patient."

The morality of her husband is the biggest question there is. Do you not watch the news? Have you not saw that half the politicians in the US realize now that the law allowing the living spouse the right to choose was a terrible, unthought out idea. Even the President himself has stepped in calling congress to change the very law that allows Micheal to kill his wife.

Michael Schiavo has done nothing but neglect Terri since she was placed in the hospitals care. He refused all forms of therapy, he refused medication to fight off infections cause by decaying teeth. Those teeth decayed as a result of him refusing any dental care for her first 3 years. He very rarely visited her at all. Once a month was his pattern during the first 11 years. Ironically enough it was when he was scheduled to sit and talk to doctors about her condition. He even went so far as to completely cut off all contact from her family after the 2002 hearing in which they provided video taped proof of suspected neglect on his part (puncture wounds on her left arm). Micheal has done nothing but sit back and collect money off of her. Once the money ran out he began the process of killing her. This battle didn't start last Friday. It started 7 years after Terri was placed in this condition. The money stopped coming so Micheal had no use for her anymore. And since the day the first feeding tube was removed, her family has fought to keep her alive.

We can argue morals all day long. If it was Gods will we wouldn`t have been given the power by our God to create the very same tools that have kept her alive for 15 years. If it was Gods way we would still be sitting in caves wiping our asses with our tails. Don't throw religion in it. I can't stand the Gods way speach. It's as if you "God's Way" preachers think that after he created us we did the rest on our own. We are capable of doing what we do because God allows us to tools, strength, knowledge, and will to know and create the things we have. If God didn't want her to be on a feeding tube we wouldn't have been given the ability to create that very same tube that has kept her alive.

And you show me a premature baby that can pick up a bottle and feed itself and I will show you a unicorn jumping out my ass.

And Shane just because you are willing to lay down and become yet another victim of cancer doesn't mean that others do. There are people who love life. Who want life. And who are willing to endure many obsticals along the way to live life.

And to think you used to be an ambulance driver. You trained for years to learn to save lives. The same person who sits now and says, "kill Terri, and oh if I get cancer just let me die too". I think you missed your calling my friend. You should have been in politics.

#15 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

its none of my bussiness, but i say PULL THE PLUG! she aint gettin up, let her see God.....
though i do respect her and her parents' desicion, i think they should let her go now, she'll be much happier....
o, and, for every day she's alive 1,000 animals are TORTURED to DEATH to find a way to wake her up!
"A dog is a frog is a rat is a boy" Species Equality....

Edited by archmaster, 27 March 2005 - 10:30 PM.

You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:31 PM

^^^

you dont even deserve an openion
Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

^^^

you dont even deserve an openion

u spelled opinion wrong puppy killer!
if you support animal testing you support puppy killing!
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#18 Lady_Maha

Lady_Maha
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:26 AM

Terry is on no other form of life support except that feeding tube. The rest of her body functions keep her perfectly alive. Yes, she is permanently brain damaged, but who are we to decide whether that is life worth living or not? May I remind all those who voted for Terry to die that we had this form of selectiveness once before in history? Hitler along with killing all Jews he could get a hold of also killed all mentally handicapped people, finding them unworthy to live. Do you really want to be like him?

Pulling the plug, as some of you called it, is something different than pulling a feeding tube. There actually would be ways to feed her without the tube, although it would be much more time consuming, so it's not the tube keeping her alive, it's the food, just like with you and me.

Yes, permanent brain damage may cause her to appear not to react to much of her environment, but nobody, no doctor in the world, can know for sure what Terry feels. What if she DOES feel and just can't communicate? To stop feeding Terry is the same crime that you would commit leaving a paralyzed person without food, you are killing a human being by denying them nourishment, the state of that human being is of no concern in this. If we talk about pulling the plug, we are usually talking about breathing machines, things that keep your heart beating (whatever they are called in English) etc... not a feeding tube that simply makes feeding easier, since normal feeding would also be entirely possible.
Social Engineering Specialist - Because there is no patch for human stupidity

#19 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:45 PM

NO.... she is in a mindless state ... and if not would you want to live staring at the ceiling for the rest of yourlife... i know i wouldnt...
-Alias ingame-

#20 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:14 PM

momba and maha have the best well spoken truthful opinion's on here to bad terri's husband cant grow a mooseing brain and keep her alive and actually try to help her live. if he wants another women then divorce terri its not that mooseing hard.

#21 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:03 PM

Terry is on no other form of life support except that feeding tube. The rest of her body functions keep her perfectly alive. Yes, she is permanently brain damaged, but who are we to decide whether that is life worth living or not? May I remind all those who voted for Terry to die that we had this form of selectiveness once before in history? Hitler along with killing all Jews he could get a hold of also killed all mentally handicapped people, finding them unworthy to live. Do you really want to be like him?

Pulling the plug, as some of you called it, is something different than pulling a feeding tube. There actually would be ways to feed her without the tube, although it would be much more time consuming, so it's not the tube keeping her alive, it's the food, just like with you and me.

Yes, permanent brain damage may cause her to appear not to react to much of her environment, but nobody, no doctor in the world, can know for sure what Terry feels. What if she DOES feel and just can't communicate? To stop feeding Terry is the same crime that you would commit leaving a paralyzed person without food, you are killing a human being by denying them nourishment, the state of that human being is of no concern in this. If we talk about pulling the plug, we are usually talking about breathing machines, things that keep your heart beating (whatever they are called in English) etc... not a feeding tube that simply makes feeding easier, since normal feeding would also be entirely possible.

i dun think we talkin bout hitler here tho, jus terri, and neway, hitler was a pimp
Primex ingame

#22 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:04 PM

i dun think we talkin bout hitler here tho, jus terri, and neway, hitler was a pimp

/who beatrix
Page/Memo Beatrix

#23 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

Hitler was a freak of nature with some mooseed up ideas.. especially the kill all the jews that was the stupidest thing i ever heard. The jews didnt make Germany lose the war the Germans did bc they were to weak to take down the allies. Same thing happened in WW2 and Hitler the pregnant dog committed suicide.

anyways back to the terri topic LET HER LIVE she can be brought somewhat back

#24 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:14 PM

gets the idea for a "baller band" that says "I love JEWS"
-Alias ingame-

#25 Lady_Maha

Lady_Maha
  • Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:30 AM

How do you know what SHE wants though? Maybe she is quite happy knowing her parents care about her. Maybe there would have been a chance of a semi recovery, if it hadn't been for her husband NEGLECTING her for years instead of caring.

The fact remains that keeping nourishment away from her is nothing different from keeping nourishment from any other human being. What IF she feels hunger? Starving to death must be one of the most torturing ways to die, and that is what is happening to her right now. As I mentioned before, if her other vital functions were not working and people would pull a plug that makes her heart stop beating it's one thing, a quick death, a life ended because the body can't keep itself alive, but to pull a feeding tube and watch someone starve to death is just wrong.
Social Engineering Specialist - Because there is no patch for human stupidity

#26 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:55 AM

First off JIM it has nothing to do with me laying down and just becoming another victim of cancer, I fought but i lost my grandmother and three friends too it, its called realistic, I would rather go tomy goddess than to allow people who think drag them on untill maybe we have a cure, decide if I suffer or not, and beleive me anyone who thinks Chemo is a treat has never felt your blood on fire, has never felt your own horror at the fact the simple act of swallowing a glass of ornge juice makes you want to vomit for two hours after its done. I fought and I won and I went in to remission.
BUT the simple fact remains even if what terry is going through at the hands ofher husband is bad, Politics has no right or place to enter the life or buesness ofmy house, what is decided in my house is my house, to give a politician the right to decide and or makelaws to take the right of choice andcontrol away from the people you have put in charge of your care is both wrong, and Illegal under the constitution which is why the supreme court has refused to get involved not once not twice but 7 times.
They also reconise the fact that every singletime that politics have attempted to enter any type of family dispute it may help one case but the other one hundred cases where the decision is not only needed, it right are hurt, just like with the people who said ohhhh let them drill foroil here or here, and the politicans did stateing that the rights of the people and the sanctity of the land will be protected, then only to find that latter we spend millions of dollars fixing what they screwd up.

Any time politics has become involved in anything that is a family matter, your right to choose is hurt, and if you think they will stp because you have a living will I am willing to bet the life i fought for that will be their next stop, first it will go was he in his right mind when it was riten, then lets define right mind, was he in pain at the time of the decision, yes not right mind,and so and so on, untill the day that politics has complete control of weather you live or die. Extreme case yes but this is one raod that we can go on, and telling me bush is invlved is like saying hey the puppet is doing what we want, so you should follow, sorry i dont follow sheep.

Further more what you keep leaving out.

MITCH STACY
Associated Press

Michael Schiavo decided to reject the offer by California businessman Robert Herring, Schiavo's lawyer, George Felos, said Friday. He had until Monday to make up his mind.
Felos said his client has received similar offers - including one for $10 million - regarding the care to Terri Schiavo, 41, who has been in what court-appointed doctors call a persistent vegetative state since suffering a heart attack 15 years ago.
Michael Schiavo contends he once promised his wife he would not keep her alive by artificial means.
"Michael has said over and over again that this case is not about money for him," Felos said Friday. "It's about carrying out his wife's wishes. There is no amount of money anyone can offer that will cause him to turn his back on his wife."

Even if Michael Schiavo had taken the money, Felos said, there is still a court order requiring removal of the tube next Friday. A judge ordered that the feedings be stopped after finding "clear and convincing" evidence she would not want to be kept alive in her current state.

This is sad but the court was shown clear evidence at her choice, so who's choice is to fight it and drag it on.
He added, "The family is heartsick. This is their daughter. This is their loved one. This is their sister. And they are watching her suffer, in their opinion, a death that she shouldn't have to face."

We all hope that our children will out live us, none of us wish to see people we love pass on to the next world, but this is life, this is human nature. This was her choice, you said for me to leave morality out of it, but that is why we are here, you claim it is the husbands morality that YOU keep attacking, I am not christian therefore my morality is not the same as yours, it is christian groups fighting this case, it is christian groups pushing it forward. I hav taken this to a political level just as they have done.

Moraly if i put mine forward yes my decision would be the same because of this one line. A judge ordered that the feedings be stopped after finding "clear and convincing" evidence she would not want to be kept alive in her current state. I believe in the right to choose your own destiny, the right for you to choose if you live or you die, if you suffer or you rest, that is morality. Politically NO governent has the right to decide what accures in my life or that of my family, should the unthinkable befall them. To say if there is any hope, but who is right in that, a doctor is human subject to the same feelings emotions and beliefs as you, therfore one doctor may look at a patient and see Hope were another see end.
But why money, belief, who knows but the simple fact remains it is their belief and it may ormay not go against yours, or the guardians that you put in charge of your care, and therfore can not decide totally what is right. Yes the family doesn't wish their daughter to die, none would if it was my daughters or tanja, i would weigh what was said and i would look at what tanja has told me, but in the end it should be my decscion not the descion of a polition who gets involvd because they fear political suicide from threats.

I quote one Scene that i will always remember, "Take me to bed old man, Im tired and I miss your arms," Margarete Bonnaville the night of her death spoken to William Bonnaville who knew if she laid down and did not sit up in a chair to sleep, would cause the fluid in her lungs to strangle her. his words with tears in his eyes. " Alright old women they miss you in them." Rest inpeace grandma.

Edited by Exilus, 29 March 2005 - 11:41 AM.

The rebirth is coming, is he god or devil? The fires of Sol are burning. May they burn your fingers.

#27 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:35 PM

It is called laying down. I lost my Grandmother and mother as well to cancer. But not before my mother fought to help saves lives. She battled cancer for 13 years. She endured 17 surgeries and well as CHEMO and many many other forms of treatment. In 1990 after battling for more then 9 years she felt she was destin to die by cancer. So she turned her body over to the federal government for use on experimental medications. Rather then lay down and see another person die she was willing to allow them to try alternative/new medicines on her. She once told me, "If living in pain today saves you tomorrow then it is all worth it" She died at 46 never once saying to me she wanted to give up.

There is no documented proof to my knowledge of Micheal being offered 10 million. The only offer I am aware of is the 1 million by Robert Herring. One thing to point out is that of that 1 mil Micheal would get $0. He owes well over that for legal fees and the care Terri has been recieving since the 700K ran out.

I also believe that politic should not be involved. I have the simplest solution there ever was. I was talking to Erica last night and thought to myself, "what is the one way to reach every US citizen". The draft card. You can't avoid it. Upon turning 18 in the United States you are required by law to fill out a draft card making yourself eligable or showing why you aren't eligable. So why not in that package you recieve do they not include a living will. You fill out the draft card, you fill out the will. Get it notorized and send em back. End of subject. In the event something comes up they access their database and problem solved. And if you think it will cost alot to print and store all those wills. Keep in mind that this one single case has cost the American public over 4.3 million in legal fees.

I honestly don't know who should make the decision in the event there isn't a will involved. Some say the parents some say the living spouse. In my case I would want Erica to make the decision had I have not stated my wishes. I choose her because she knows me better then anyone in this world. I don't have a strong relationship with my father and haven't saw my brothers in almost 10 years. But in her case i would think the decision would be up to her mother. They have a very strong bond. I have no doubt there are things about Erica I don't know and that her mother does. But in this case giving what we do know about Micheal I feel he should have been the last person to have any say so in what happened to Terri.

By this time Thursday doctors say she will pass. He name will echo on forever tho. Terri will not die for nothing. Through her we have exposed many flaws in our legal system that are being corrected as we speak. Most importantly Terri has made million around the world look inside themselves and ask, "Do I want to live?".
She has inspired families like Sneaky's to sit and talk about the issue and others like it. 1 life changing how millions will live from this day on.

Terri Schiavo, thank you. . .

#28 Exilus

Exilus
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:14 PM

Your mother chose to give her body to medical science, Congrats that honorable, BUT she choose, you don't know about the 10 million dollar offer in this case, WHY because untill I showed you this report, none had brought it up, none had even mentioned ohhh by the way he turned down an offer of a million dollars and untill i found this report Tanja herself thought i was lieing, So what does this show? What else don't we know, what else has only been the parents side of the story because that is the tastiest tidbit...

Oh and pointing out he would get nothng that just shows me there is more we don't know because he would have then broke even with a clear slate, all his debt or ost of it would be gone, but he said no, Hmmmmmmm alot of fight for nothing gained, even when there was an offer to absolve his marriage from the head bishop in Florida.. the same news company as my last report. But in anycase.

Its not called laying down Jim and beleive me at the sight of those words the littlebit of respect i did have for you left after your whole i give in and accept that being a thief in this game is accepted, and im gonna go along with it if given the chance just walked out the front door.(by the way that is laying down)

My grandmother fought cancer for 6 years, I fought it for two, and my two friends I lost , one of which was maha's best friend as well, fought it one and half. You say you would want erica to make that decion for you, ok so lets put you on the spot shall we.

You are laying in a bed and you and erica have talked and you never wanted to live this way, erica goes to court and gets andorder to suspend all mecahnical (sp) aid to life, then your Dad comes forward and challenges her rights to make that decision, everything erica has ever done since the day you fell over, is thrown in her face, but she still holds to her original decision , your dad is on the TV screaming how he loves you, and you woud have wanted to live, even though you had told erica no life support, at all... There is no proof to show the world because during the court case any supporting docs she may have are ruled as evidence, so therefore not alowed to be opened to public view.

BUT your dad shows no evidence just emotion and what he says, christian groups latch on to it, this is a right to life case, he has a right to live, but noone but erica is saying he also has the right to die, she is offered money yet she turnes it down, again because you had told her no.

We the public don't see what evidence shehas, we the public only see and hear what is said on the TV and that has almost all been the parents, Politics get involved, why of coarse its good publicity, here is a case where evrysingle court of law in the land has said there is no evidence that HE wanted to live like this, but in the records that we have there is evidence he did not. So they get involved and make a good show of trying to change what they see as wrong, but because of the polls saying that over half the US doesn't want politics in their familys, Jeb Bush sticks his neck out but not goarge not yet, he waits to see what happens with jeb, then when not so much goes wrong he makes a few minor attempts and says all legal recoarses are pleted, he tried they did their best, so they come out smelling like a rose. But your wishes are still carried out because the court was shown the evidence we had not seen.

So leave this to the family and leave Cover yor ass politicians out of it,because they as well as parents don't see what is said to wife and husband, if you choose to let erica make your decsion and ericas mom for erica that is your choice, but in the end allowing politics in opens the circus we have here.

Rest in peace terry finally.

Edited by Exilus, 29 March 2005 - 04:26 PM.

#29 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:30 AM

I can't speak for her, but i wouldn't want to live in a vegetative state.
Retired

#30 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:51 AM

How do you know what SHE wants though? Maybe she is quite happy knowing her parents care about her. Maybe there would have been a chance of a semi recovery, if it hadn't been for her husband NEGLECTING her for years instead of caring.

The fact remains that keeping nourishment away from her is nothing different from keeping nourishment from any other human being. What IF she feels hunger? Starving to death must be one of the most torturing ways to die, and that is what is happening to her right now. As I mentioned before, if her other vital functions were not working and people would pull a plug that makes her heart stop beating it's one thing, a quick death, a life ended because the body can't keep itself alive, but to pull a feeding tube and watch someone starve to death is just wrong.

how do you know what SHE wants...maybe she wants to die like she told her husband...

and before all you go crazy and talk about how he is and asshole i dont care...

my main point is that i wouldnt want to live like that...

and starving to death might not be fun but it would be just as good as setting in a chair for 15 years looking up in the air...

when she dies here brain will be examined to check to see if there was anyway to bring her back...i myself dont think there would have been....we will see
-Alias ingame-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users