sort of wondering about this...
Page/Memo Beatrix

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:20 AM

Get a low str thief and a high strength thief and see if theres a difference!

#3 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 02:48 AM

no because curious I know on ranger its either 2 or 4 damages diffrence per str so on assassinate say its 3 dmg per str/stam on assassinate would you get 15 more damage assassinate if you had 1 more str then ?
Page/Memo Beatrix

#4 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:20 AM

I talked to someone about how assassinated worked, I think the best possible answer (he said) was that they were independant hits added up; so if you have 5 stam it really hits 5 times but combines the damage. So, you click assassinate, and just like rapid fire would, it would attack the person #stam times, and unlike rapid fire, it would add the damage. I thought that was a pretty cool explination; maybe it just has a range of damage.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:21 PM

I am pretty sure I hit it right on the head on how assassinate works when you add str but can jlh enlighten us ? ^_^

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 15 April 2005 - 05:22 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:14 PM

Assassinate works like any other attack, strength is addedinto the formular (jlh will only know the exact one) but I believe its probably about a 15 max damage increase with each strength. So at level 30 a dwarf with 21 strength can hit for a max of about 315 with assassinate on something with NO armor. I am not sure how the armor of the opponenent comes into the equasion.

Also for your theory on using all the stamina, I dont think so - as the server would need to calculate how much possible damage a player could do with 5 attacks and convert it to assassinate damage, which seems unlikely.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#7 Vàmpÿrë

Vàmpÿrë
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:11 PM

Ummm assassinate ignores armor people. And i have seen thieves assassinate for 390, 315 is kinda weak if you ask me
~Vàmpÿrë~

#8 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

Assassinate with strength spells on stuff with no armor/monsters? Sure 315 would be low, but I said 315 as a rough estimate for a level 30 thief with 21 strength on something with 0 armor. (read the post properly)

With spells, using the theory behind my first post, a level 30 thief with 33 strength (spelled up) would be able to hit for 495 on something with 0 armor, now that seems about right to me, I don't know why you think its so low.

And assassinate does not ignore armor either, it was introduced into the formular about 2.5 years ago.

So as a guess i'd say thats how you calculate assassinate damage, with armor probably reducing the damage by a certain amount or percent, probably something like total ac +50 = damage reduced. So a fighter with 110 armor could be hit for a max of like 335 with assassinate from a level 30 dwarf with 33 str. That seems about right to me.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#9 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:09 AM

Which leads us back to the inevitable, thieves are due to low armor obsolete, since it's hitting dmg cannot compare with the other classes out there.

Fighters can mess zerkers up Ranger do too... Mages and Thieves are close to useless against Berserkers since they have no way if killing a berserker even with a cleric with them... in a fight.

Instant death at a certain % with full stam which is increased by dex/dex spells... Or remove class from the game, they are just a sad biproduct as soon as a berserker comes into play.
<perhaps make another kind of assassinate? which works after the character get's 5 stam to deal more dmg/actually kill someone. Not being able to click characters above their lvl in this case... and it shouldn't be from covert only since thieves are useless in duels with their hitrate etc etc.>

Obsolete

"Destroy Erase Improve"

Edited by Evergrey, 25 April 2005 - 12:12 AM.

ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#10 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

thieves assassinate is random, so u can hit low or high, dun matter, str only helps what u hit for, like a + dmg %
Primex ingame

#11 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:57 AM

/nod exodia i got an arch dwarf with str off 1 and at master i hit stuff for 400+ still

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users