Posted 08 October 2004 - 09:26 PM

?
«¤Mêad¤»*

#6 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:08 PM

psh, mages are just mad cause I can smite the to death! If you take away Smite then theres no use in training anything besides Clerics and Mages
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#7 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:51 AM

well it does suck.
Even in death my hate will go on

#8 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:31 AM

Anything useful to say on the subject? Description/problems/suggestions? Or shall we just close it?

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:33 AM

Blame Canada.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:19 AM

A mage when fully equipped and spelled up took me 9 rounds to kill full rounds with 9 archs...imho that is just stupid, I know you will say my crits will suck and so on or that was unlucky but it wasn't it happened serveral times and I wasn't missing or anything like that just hitting for 9 and so on, the reason being that the mage had 206 armor thats just crazy...
Si Senior!

#11 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:33 AM

yeah that is crazy, which is why i no longer play this hugely unbalanced game ;p

#12 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:10 PM

Okay... erm... exactly what is the problem here? Because this topic is all over the place.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#13 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:39 PM

1. Some people seem to think smiting sucks.

2. Someone boasting about smiting mages to oblivion.

3. Mages and their crazy armor.

What I got out of it anyways.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#14 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

I think it would be extremely useful if JLH could give us some figures to look at in regards to how smite works.....is it based on dex, or is it simply a small random chance to hit ? - obviously the damage dealt would be based on strength/level/stamina with a small random figure in their to mix it up.

I personally havn't seen a major problem with it, although i think using it and missing should cause a greater downside to the berserker. I say this only because berserkers have massive hp and can withstand alot of punishment, which results in them gaining several chances to hit smite successfully.

Suggestion - Because smite could be classed as a risky attack (hence why it uses hp to cast) I feel the berserker should receive a greater disadvantage should he miss.

Some possible solutions - More hp is taken away after missing.
1 less stamina point is regened the following round.
-10 armor for the next round.

My favourite solution idea - The berserker loses 2 dexterity points until his stamina has regened.....so basically while he is sitting there after missing a smite waiting for another chance to attack, he would be slightly more vunerable.

Also i'm not sure, but is the mage armor spells stacking a bug or a new addition? (aop then mana shroud?) because it completely overpowers them......aop was getting to the stage of being too overpowered, and now most mages have no problem reaching the 'complete damage reduction' point of 200 armor, basically rendering all weapon attacks (apart from smite and assassinate) useless to the point of where they will always do 0 damage.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#15 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:17 PM

smite just misses way too often. it's insane lol. you get like 1 decent smite out of 6 maybe 7 attempts? (someome try this and don't count them 100 damage smites)

#16 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:07 PM

200 ac doesn't totally block armor, but I agree atm mages have a HUGE advantage. I've already spoken to JLH and he's reviewing it. I am a main mage users, but at the moment if I had a level 30, I could pretty much take apart any sized party. Which would be great, but is grossly unfair.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#17 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:18 PM

Yeah i'm assuming it was changed at around the same time mages were allowed to stack spells?

I still managed to get a mage to take 0 damage all the time though from weapon attacks. Smite still did damage me, but only for (rarely) around 180, and usually around 120.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#18 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 05:35 PM

so we agree that smite sucks now?

#19 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

I wouldn't say it sucks, however I do think it could be changed.

Possibly making it a hit and miss ability. If you hit the person dies, if you miss your a sitting duck.

Possibly give the ability a 25% chance to smite/1 click an opponent. So 1 smite in every 4 is successful. However, I would say that the berserker should lose 50hp every smite.

Also not being able to move when a crit is at zero stamina should be introduced, or we will see parties of smiting berserkers hitting and running all over the map, which isn't needed.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#20 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:03 PM

Possibly give the ability a 25% chance to smite/1 click an opponent.

I assume you mean smite with full stamina?
Posted Image

#21 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:30 PM

Yeah i'm assuming it was changed at around the same time mages were allowed to stack spells?

I still managed to get a mage to take 0 damage all the time though from weapon attacks. Smite still did damage me, but only for (rarely) around 180, and usually around 120.

Smite ignores armour so I don't see how it could only be doing that little damage. Regardless of having 200+ armour or not, it should still do it's usual damage. And when I played that was enough to 1 click mages.

#22 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

smote is fine they have 0 armor to begin with they need something going for them so what they can click mages every now an then whats the problem mages are ownage anyways
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#23 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:04 AM

on result of how often belief dodged smite y-day i think its fine, =]

if interested see triplex log.
Feck Off

#24 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:13 AM

We throw darts to determine spell formulae
If you build it, they will come.

#25 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:26 AM

looks like it :P

#26 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:32 AM

Last night when i faced belief I could hit him when i zerked but Smite was a no go the one time i did hit him with smite it was for 160 points, My zerker never smites for that little except against mages, But they always hit for beam in high amounts, it definatly needs to be looked at.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#27 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:43 PM

Smite ignores armour so I don't see how it could only be doing that little damage. Regardless of having 200+ armour or not, it should still do it's usual damage. And when I played that was enough to 1 click mages.

Well maybe it got changed along with assassinate?
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#28 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:54 PM

Let's be careful what we try and get changed here too......I don't think smite is the problem at all infact. Mages are extremely overpowered at the moment (which JLH has noticed) and so appear to make pretty much every class look like it's too weak. But ignoring mages smite is an extremely devastating skill for general play, and can easily round anything but another a zerker and fighter without spells.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#29 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:10 PM

well mages can't stack spells anymore so it should all get fixed with the new update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users