• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:00 PM

I was talking to a friend and we suddenly got on the topic of MuDs. I, of course, bring up Nightmist. Blah, blah, blah. She ends up sending me the link to a MuD that has long since gone P2P.

No, this thread isn't about P2P.

Continuing... I took a look at it and this MuD is really indepth. I won't place a link here (I suppose you can PM me for it) but I just thought I'd mention some of the things they have.

In said game, it's possible to for even the smallest creatures to cause substantial damage to your characters. My friend was attacked by a rat which ended up breaking her arm. She began to bleed profusley and eventually passed out. She had to actually wait for another player to find her and drag her body to the City Baths in order for her to heal more quickly.

They have recently put in a Coma/Death System. Relax, I'm not suggesting Nightmist has it - I'm just listing off things which really stood out to me. Anyways, with this system, it's possible to sneak up on other Players and hit them in the back with some kind of blunt object, sending them directly into a coma. You can also seriously hurt them by twisting their necks, etc. This will also send them into comas.

This game has guards patrolling around - actual, real guards who are active. They punish rule-breakers and do other good, lawful stuff. In fact, the admin have recently made it illegal to carry around weapons in most places in town.

If you're carrying a bladed weapon, you can make markings in clay molds and wax imprints. And, I think, if you're carrying some kind of writing instrument, you can write on pieces of parchment.

They have furniture in this game. Some furniture is even labelled as fragile and can break if you're not careful (such as moving them around hastily).

Every month, the admin of this game actual go out of their way and acknowledge the 10-top RP'ers of the game. I'm not sure what they base their judgement on but I think that it's pretty cool. That's right, this game actual encourages RP'ing.

Lastly, people in this game can actual smell. If you stand by someone who stinks for too long, you'll be notified.

I don't know what I'm trying to get at with this post. I just thought this was something interesting. It helped me see that Nightmist still has a long ways to go (despite being already a very good game).

I'd also like to point out that it's not my intent to "bash" staff. You're doing a great job with the new areas, alternate/new items, etc. I just thought this would be a nice thing to look over. Who knows? Maybe it'll strike some kind of creativity-cord.
Posted Image

#2 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 12:03 AM

i have a little experience Muds ( real muds ) apart from nightmist, and i have to say that they are the most well thought out rp games you can ever find.

#3 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:32 PM

nm > all nuff said :P
Page/Memo Beatrix

#4 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts