• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

Back about a year ago I started training my mage Thunderja, it was tough as hell! 1-15 was a nightmare with 8/10 cast would fizzle, 25-30 cost a fortune with high spell costs and no Silversail to mooch exp out of the desert from very close range, or mana at the drop of a hat by a store 12 or so squares away.

That leads me to my point, people on my enemy chat (friends) are getting an extremely good deal when training now. Flame - Blast within a day? Sitting at a gate in the desert moving one square right casting the spells and going back left where a cleric is sitting? It is too easy.

Sure it is sour grapes but I don't care, mages were all ways the class where only the most patient and focused people could lvl 1-30 them, look back at all the "Mages you trained from lvl 1-30" threads. how many people said things like "I got my mage to lvl 17 but gave up."

Mages have finally got what they deserved, good skills at archmaster... but I personally don't like the fact that soon every idiot and his dog is going to have one sweating 1/2 the time and focus that it took "us" to do the same thing.

Ty for reading, your thoughts
Jazzastudmuffin

Edited by Thunderja, 18 September 2004 - 12:20 AM.

I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#2 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:22 AM

I think that yeah, it's good now as arch, cause I get owned by em alot, but when a lvl 18 zerker get's owned by a lvl 16 mage, no that's not right. Well, I wouldn't say owned, but he beat me. (1v1)

Edited by Ryuku, 18 September 2004 - 12:23 AM.

#3 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:49 AM

Jared, I agree 100%. The mana cost of spells is not the issue, however, it is the fizzle rate. Imo, the rate it is currently at from levels 25-30 is perfect, what it should be at such an advanced level. But seeing people on my friend chat train a mage from level 1-17 in one day is ludacris.

Before mages were updated, I trained from I believe level 15-20 in two days when i was off sick from school, but it was intense training. I believe i spent anywhere from 6-8 hours each day, in the desert, not hitting and running. As I got to higher levels on Deimos, I started doing hit and run in Silversail, and with a few well-timed double EXP days, low and behold he's level 26. I think spells are powerful enough for once you get beam, but damage should be adjusted for levels under 25.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:32 AM

I've noticed that the older players, who trained their mages before it was so easy, have a lot more skill and control over their character, apposed to the people who train them now.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:09 AM

yeah i trained belief b4 update, was hard as hell now u get all these random new people archin mages in 2 weeks its not on.
Feck Off

#6 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:48 PM

I've noticed that the older players, who trained their mages before it was so easy, have a lot more skill and control over their character, apposed to the people who train them now.

That is true, I trained deimos to i believe level 25 before mages were updated, and I've seen people who are all of a sudden buying arch mages simply because they hit for a lot, or training them up fast, but don't have the control others who actually did the majority or all of their mage training before the update.

deimos the noob said no

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

I've been playing NightMist for a long time, and I have control over my characters easy, put me with any crit (Cept a high lvl druid, don't have great control over duels with them).

#8 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 06:32 PM

I've been playing NightMist for a long time, and I have control over my characters easy, put me with any crit (Cept a high lvl druid, don't have great control over duels with them).

And what does that have to do with the topic?
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#9 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 02:49 AM

He just thinks me and jared are sexy, and likes to post on topics we do.

Anyone have anything to say, or will this be a 3-man posterama?

deimos the noob said no

#10 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:56 PM

how many arch mages are there now?

it doesnt seem to be 'awash' just yet with arch mages, so until then I'm not bothered by other's having it easier than me. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users