1a To Main

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost_Wolf

Ghost_Wolf
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 03:52 AM

why for christs sake is the stamina table so different on main to 1a???
Link-Nepharious_Niassey (Main)

Love is a 36' carbon tip chainsaw and rib spreaders....nuff said.

#2 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:13 AM

I would assume, for balancing purposes. More characters on main, means more stamina, means to OP. 1 extra stamina makes a huge diffrence.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:39 AM

I dare say... some lessons were learnt from 1-alt when the multi-alt stamina table was designed, like the power that Thieves get when given a lot of stamina. I don't know what the consensus is behind Mages getting more stamina, since I considered them very powerful at Archmaster, plus they always had the slowest stamina gains. Mind you, on 1-alt, they are used to PK quite a lot, whereas they don't have that luxury on multi-alt and are generally delegated to only opening Vortex Gates and casting the occasional Invisibility spell on the party leader.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Exactly as Cody said, you are stuck to 1 character on 1alt so of course you are going to get more stamina at earlier levels. On main you can have huge parties and not need a ton of stamina per char. It'd be overkill.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#5 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

Kinda sorta off topic. I was thinking though. It would be nice for staff to put in some more areas of intest like shifting sands. Areas on main that require team work. Though a failed concept on one-alt, everyone on main gets along quite well from my experiences atleast. It would be interesting to have harder more team involved areas.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#6 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

characters that were weakest on 1a got stamina earlier on 1a. characters that were the weakest on main got stamina earlier on main

when extra stamina came out, noone used thieves, zerks or rangers as they were a pig to train and weak at high levels on thier own. ***this was BEFORE anyone came up with the idea of using DotW as a primary weapon***. everyone used mages, dr00ds and clerics, hence those 3 classes got thier stam the latest.

on main, rangers, clerics and zerks in large numbers is where the power is at, so they got delayed stamina compared to thieves/pallies/fighters respectivly. Mages on main now are pretty much useless, only reason people use them is when they are forced to by the game (vortex) and the mage often either does not fight and is just kept alive for the sake of it, or fights using a crappy low level spell since they suck mana so fast. So they got earlier stam to try and compensate.

Edited by joanna, 28 December 2008 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users