• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:35 PM

Appearantly people from Clockwork like to pk people at granites by gping all their attackers and then having someone else assassinate the clerics, thankfully I took down 2 of theirs and they took down 1 of mine, then I ran, cause I only had 3 on.

Could anyone be really be so sad they needa do this to kill people?

If anything they stopped me from killing granites and going to desert when I please which is abuse and should be banned.

Maybe make it so casting gp on someone can make them like a paci and ktp monsters don't stop you so this can't be abused any further, comments?

Edited by Ryuku, 23 June 2006 - 07:36 PM.

#2 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

this has already been discussed, wont be changed to many complications
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#3 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

no it hasnt, gp'ing alts at bosses was discussed, this is an instance where he was gp'ed at a ktp where the paci could move freely for his buddy to attack alex with thieves as soon as gp wore off, then moving back to re-gp his alts... now how can u move much with gp on at a ktp... that is abuse
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#4 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

K sec while I gp my alts and runs through all the kill to pass monsters ingame.
Si Senior!

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

Sure, they're kill to pass going up. However, not going down... You should only fall for that trick once, I'd hope that after that you'd be smart enough to leg it when it starts to happen.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:39 PM

gp alts dont make you go through kill to pass....

Everyone knows.. So what did you read wrong? ;)
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:45 PM

Was just a suggestion, I'd much rather have someone on 15 alts then a paci simply to get me through ktp monsters though.

Anyway, ban the fool or something and I'll be happy.

Paci was Beagle if that helps ;)

Edited by Ryuku, 23 June 2006 - 08:45 PM.

#8 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Probably Deagle ;)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#9 Guest_Doom_*

Guest_Doom_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

lets get things straight, I wasn't there for your benefit, greater pacting you wasn't on my agenda but when you bring 20 crits between 2-3 users to kill a druid and a cleric, some things have to be done.. first off its not a trick, its a strategy :wub: , and its completely fine.. seeing as you where on 3, 2 zerks 1 cleric.. i greater pacted the 2 zerks while my thieves killed your cleric :wub: ok sure you got 1.. great work, gold star.. but in total i got more than you in the end :wub:.. noone to blame but yourself for your lose of exp, i had no intention of killing you ;) <3

and also, precautions have to be made being the #1 hated person in nightmist ya know :wub: *blushes* im flattered..

im sure this topic would be better off locked now, rather than later :wub:

Edited by Doom, 23 June 2006 - 09:17 PM.

#10 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:09 AM

Paci abuse at it's finest.. this is way gp should only be self-cast, but it will never happen..
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#11 Final Universe

Final Universe
  • Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:15 AM

Ok, lets think about a ktp square. The monster on that square has completly blocked one of the two exit ways. A paci is now standing on that square trying to cast protection from the moster and players as intended. Make stamina cost for gp on ktp squares 3 or make 1/2 life loss on ktp squares and no gping with 1hp.

Or assume that since its a ktp the monster has complete control over what happens on the square and if a paci wishes to cast gp then jz must be cast first to earn control of the square. therefore no one can use it to a pvp advantage. Along with that if JZ us un-cast then the gp is as well.

Edited by Final Universe, 24 June 2006 - 06:16 AM.

Brutus of Compton.
copywright ggthxbai co.

11-28-2005 00:31:20 Paralyze Pages You from (Hidden): young yosha in da makin

#12 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:09 AM

that would totaly unblance the use of greater pact in other situations for one small probelm
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#13 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:12 AM

Why is this even being discussed?

#14 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:27 AM

Because people feel the need to cry to people who don't care.

What happened to thinking before you post?
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#15 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

We discuss it because it is a paci spell that should not be able to be abused.. paci's should not be able to stop a person from killing monsters especially a ktp one. They are a solo peaceful class, yet people use them otherwise.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#16 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

Its hardly abuse, your disturbing sumones training or gettin to it, pking does same thing. Both are alowd and at least with paci one you dont loose exp, or in this case its just being delayed ;)

#17 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:28 PM

1) Make greater pact self-cast only
2) Make it so that if you try to attack someone, the effects immediately wear off- monsters and players can hit you, and you can hit monsters and players

christ if someone gave mages a spell that prevented players from attacking, it would have been removed a long time ago. Guess it's fitting though, seeing the game's circumstances.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#18 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:52 PM

i greater pacted the 2 zerks while my thieves killed your cleric ;)

Wait wait.. You did what? Surely if anything, that's abuse of the system? Same person controlling the Thieves and Pacifist...
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#19 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

two computers, people paci bosses for themselves all the time.

deimos the noob said no

#20 Evaporate

Evaporate
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

Well, I think the paci/normal alt detection system, should be improved to include IP address issues.
I remember back before, I used to have major issues logging on normally on occassion. I would get a random error message, saying that I could not logon to the crit I tried, while 'I' had a pacifist online. Which, I did not, and only 1 paci was in account... and was not logged in. So, it had to be tracking the IP address. IF that is still the case, creating a false IP address, to use with the other computer, is an obvious malicious action, that really SHOULD be bannable.
But, if the original rule was changed (I'm assuming it was tracked via IP address, so 2 computers sharing the same interent connection could not use a paci/alts from diff accounts, at same location, as I never could understand it sometimes...... should have contacted JLH at the time... to lazy then....)

#21 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:49 PM

This is probably the dumbest thread with the dumbest posts I have seen in a loooooooong time.

^^^ Thought I might aswell add to this junkyard.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#22 Sleepinggiant

Sleepinggiant
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

Well, I think the paci/normal alt detection system, should be improved to include IP address issues.
I remember back before, I used to have major issues logging on normally on occassion. I would get a random error message, saying that I could not logon to the crit I tried, while 'I' had a pacifist online. Which, I did not, and only 1 paci was in account... and was not logged in. So, it had to be tracking the IP address. IF that is still the case, creating a false IP address, to use with the other computer, is an obvious malicious action, that really SHOULD be bannable.
But, if the original rule was changed (I'm assuming it was tracked via IP address, so 2 computers sharing the same interent connection could not use a paci/alts from diff accounts, at same location, as I never could understand it sometimes...... should have contacted JLH at the time... to lazy then....)

makeing it so two different computers on the same connection could not run paci on one and normal crits on the other would be wrong..... some ppl live in the same house and are on the game at same time doing different things ..... think about it

#23 Evaporate

Evaporate
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

And how many alts can 2 PC's run on the same connection? No real change their? But, I know it was before, and 'should' still be now, where a Paci on the same IP, should not be allowed online with normal alts. I have 3 PC's in my room (not sure what 3rd would be for), doesn't mean I have the right, to run a party with a pacifist. Its the whole point of the class.
At one point, a paci could lead a party (by druid/ranger tracking). That is no more. Why? People abused it.
If people are using a paci WITH alts on 2 of thier PC's, that is abuse, and should be dealt with accordingly.
2 people in the same house, should not be running a paci + alts on each comp. Thats the Whole point of WhY they are NOT allowed online with alts. If it was NOT the reason why they couldn't be run together, then they should remove the whole 'not being able to load with normal alts' thing, because, people are just bypassing it. And bypassing is just another word for cheating.

#24 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:14 PM

All these solutions are so complex.

The solution is simple, just fix pacifists. Stop them setting traps off, stop them dragging monsters, stop them gping characters, stop them casting JZ. Infact even better just remove them from the game.
Si Senior!

#25 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

akeing it so two different computers on the same connection could not run paci on one and normal crits on the other would be wrong..... some ppl live in the same house and are on the game at same time doing different things ..... think about it

Sucks for you, I guess. I'd class it as abuse of the system. Simply cus, it is. If there are two users, then I wouldn't have a problem. But one person doing it, I think is out of order. They were designed to be played on their own, by a user. Not as a tool for one person to drag with his other characers to get a step up in the game.

If there's no way to change it, at least ban people for it. When they're caught doing it. Including this chap, with his admission of actually abusing the system.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#26 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:46 PM

what's the ban for admitting to domestic violence then?

deimos the noob said no

#27 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:48 PM

Time in jail is the ban ;)

#28 inucune

inucune
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

i got a solution to your problem....make it so that only one paci PER ACCOUNT signed in. that way people on the same internet connection can play with paci's. and why would they create multiple accounts to counter this when that is clearly system abuse and pointless?

that or make it so that gp can't be used on ktp spaces....what use is it on one anyway? you have to kill the monster to get past it...

#29 acehardware

acehardware
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:51 AM

i got a solution to your problem....make it so that only one paci PER ACCOUNT signed in. that way people on the same internet connection can play with paci's. and why would they create multiple accounts to counter this when that is clearly system abuse and pointless?

that or make it so that gp can't be used on ktp spaces....what use is it on one anyway? you have to kill the monster to get past it...

actually you could juss put the paci in another account but yeah.
chuck norris > all

#30 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

Infact even better just remove them from the game.

YAY DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO ITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users