• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

Can the new lvl 1 tutorial be toggled on or off for your acct? being as some of us have been around long enough we know all the commands and its just a pain in the butt to have to navigate through it everytime we wanna make a new crit of some type.

If not might I suggest you can make accts able to toggle it?

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#2 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:51 AM

supported
Page/Memo Beatrix

#3 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:52 AM

Supported.

#4 hotsauce

hotsauce
  • Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:41 AM

agreed

#5 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:43 AM

supported.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

#6 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:48 AM

Staff input please?

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#7 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:42 AM

supported

#8 Monolith

Monolith
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:42 AM

Lmao. This is funny. I suggested this and I got several "Not supported" but when Gnarkill suggests it the whole forums agrees. >.> I made the very same point and people said "its good as it is" and not to complain cuz you can complete it in a matter of seconds... Mine might have had some little differences, but our destination was the same...

But I support this idea... we dont need to have a mandatory tutorial for people who already know the basics.

#9 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

the problem is, if newbies accidently exit it.
you experienced players can live with it, be a change for some of you to actually have to navigate the game rather than just log on and chat ;)
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:47 AM

As JLH said, you are forced to navigate the tutorial so new players do not exit it accidentally and prematurely and thus fail to take in information that could seriously affect their gameplay, especially if they are inexperienced with the whole Dungeons and Dragons style of things; e.g. it doesn't actually say anywhere, except in the new tutorial, that heal spells actually damage undead monsters - I only found that out myself when I witnessed a friend heal one.

For new players, it's a small puzzle; for experienced players, just memorise the route! It only takes a few seconds to run through anyway, and the typing of one command to clear the final obstacle before pressing the button to teleport you to Boar's Tusk.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#11 Evaporate

Evaporate
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:53 AM

As JLH said, you are forced to navigate the tutorial so new players do not exit it accidentally and prematurely and fail to take in information that could seriously affect their gameplay (e.g. it doesn't actually say anywhere that heal spells actually damages undead monsters - I only found that out myself when a friend healed one for damage).

For new players, it's a small puzzle; for experienced players, just memorise the route! It only takes a few seconds to run through anyway, and the typing of one command to clear the final obstacle before pressing the button to teleport you to Boar's Tusk.

Well, the concept of 'healing undead', is in a lot of RPG's (including everyone's favorite, FF!!! lol). But, yea, I figured it did, never knew it gave a better POD than attacking, until I tried though.

#12 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:10 AM

Lmao. This is funny. I suggested this and I got several "Not supported" but when Gnarkill suggests it the whole forums agrees. >.> I made the very same point and people said "its good as it is" and not to complain cuz you can complete it in a matter of seconds... Mine might have had some little differences, but our destination was the same...

But I support this idea... we dont need to have a mandatory tutorial for people who already know the basics.

still not supported. Like a few people said last time I saw this brought up... How many crits are you rolling that this actually becomes that big of an issue?
Plus, if your that good of a player, just learn the route.

If you can do it with the sewers and countless other areas, why can't you do it with this tiny area?

What the what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users