What I like about Nightmist

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

Because of all the bad things said about this game... I'm making this so you can tell everyone what you like about this game... And why you play it... To give hope to the people that still play for the one reason that they enjoy to play...

I like the fact i get to talk to people all over the world... Some more than others ;) jus about life, and then theres always the funny arguements. I use to love argueing with Fallen over the forum... but he dont post any more cause he sucks... I like to get away from everything... even myself. and thats all i'm going to say...

Love Cal

#2 Spectra

Spectra
  • Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

i like how i can pk ppl ;)
also i like to kill minibosses/bosses:
i.e giant centipede, butterfly, dark gnome mage, trolls mayor etc
"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light-for the fruit of light consists in all Goodness, Righteousness and Truth"

#3 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:17 PM

i like keeping in touch with all my old friends from here, and possibly helping out a new face to the game
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:43 PM

I enjoy the forum banter.
and it's a good way to keep in touch with people who I get on well with, and care about.

Oh, and that other thing can be fun sometimes.. What's it called- ah, playing the game!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:08 AM

I've tried playing countless games. Over and over and yet I still come back to this world known as Nightmist.
I can't really say as to why I do. I just.. do.
I mean, I tend to be one of the complainers who may complain way too much about the game.
It's not the game itself I complain about.
It's always the people.
There's always someone on here who has to ruin the fun. (Not saying that I'm completely innocent with this one.)
You try to keep to yourself or just in your little circle of friends and somehow drama still seems to lurk itself about.

I like meeting new people from all over the world or just people in general.
It's cool to see how different or similar you may be to them.

I guess I'm still here for the reasons you all are.
For the very few decent people that are left.
Although the number of the decent people keep decreasing.

Some of us may claim and try to quit.
Some of us do.. even if for a short period of time.
Yet, we still manage to come back to this game even if it's to check up on old friends or to see how the game has changed since you've last logged on.

You can't say this game isn't addicting or enjoyable (whether it may be the people, game play or both). Otherwise, you would've been gone a long time ago.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#6 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:30 AM

what ash said..
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#7 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 03:50 AM

It used to be about getting better. But i have no more to hope for, besides 1 more roa set and a dex amulet im set lol

seriously, best clannies ever, and some good friends not in clan. thats the reason i play

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#8 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:09 AM

yeah i agree the new friends/allies and areas keep me going, and a few old friends other then that no ty.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#9 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

I play mostly to get escape from IRL stress, meet new people, and the game is fun for me despite the people that try to make it not fun. Yeah, I cause a few arguments here and there, but it's just a front and mostly towards clan enemies. (that's about the only fun about having clan enemies anymore, otherwise, clan enemies has completely lost it's purpose in the game.) It's the only fun game on the internet anymore and it's one that I haven't gotten bored with. Now I'm just mostly trying to get better at the game, get my clan to rank 1 no matter how many members that I have, and to continue meeting new people and making new friends clan enemies or noobs alike if they aren't annoying.

#10 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:23 AM

The different colours act as a stimulation for our brains thus we keep playing even though we hate it

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#11 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:25 AM

clannies and killing really, i enjoy trying to be the first to finish areas, or cirtainly being one of the few that have. And i love buzzing around on stupid amounds of thiefs becuase im heroic like that lol.

But clannies, the origanal set of clannies especially you know who you are <3
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#12 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:48 AM

well, lets see, I play cause of my friends and because I enjoy training. I really do... I love seeing my crits lvl up getting 8hp lol. I love finding out new things about the areas, tho I NEVER explore.

I love chatting at ngh, I love drama on the game *dont we all?*, I love talking to ash in cc, I just love everything seriously. I play because its fun and makes me laugh, and I made a few GOOD friends that go far beyond the game, like linds mary ash and others. I have my small circle of close friends which I talk with about stupid retarded stuff *mostly my clannies that are retired*, and I love the smell of rabbit furs at ngh rofl.

What would make me happy is if the games would have more sheeps around. not just halloween, like COME ONNN, sheeps rock. I love sheeps, and who doesn't love sheeps has a mental problem. rofl

Well, basicly I guess the strongest thing that keeps me in game is Ash. Honestly, if it wasn't for ash I'd be long gone. But I can't leave her alone now can I?

And another thing, on nightmist I have learned better english, as you all know I'm from romania, and SOME players on nm thought me how to spell better, well I guess I picked it up from them. And I learn new words mostly every day ^.^.

Thats about it.
<3 di
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#13 Lappa

Lappa
  • Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

might i add, also the fact that nightmist has given birth to some of my closer relationships with people. For example, as everyone knows, me and diana. i wouldnt trade anything for the times just talking about everything with her. and as for the friendships i've built over time, some i've lost, and some have grown stronger. as for some of the friends i've lost, i miss being friends with some of them.. they probably know who they are, and for what its worth, its my fault, but i'm overall happy with how things have turned out in the world of nightmist and who i associate with these days. and if i could, i'd shake JLH's hand for creating such the environment that he did which made alot of it possible. Thanks.
-Lappa or Woodstock-

Property of Jessica

#14 Dracon

Dracon
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:00 PM

FIrst thing: I love logging on and seeing my sexy crits still there with their sexy equips. :wub:

Second: I love chatting with clannies, friends, and relax in ngh, ya know the everyday stuff, just lol's, rofl's and lmao's. ;)

Third: I love to pk, train, and make gold. I love what I see after spending an hour everyday in zeum, and seeing how much I have by the end of the week. :wub:

Fourth: And yes, I love to have fun playing this game, 'cause thats what its for. Just to get away from life and jump into Rping game, where people can interract with each other. It's all fun and games.

Fifth: Of course, gotta love the forum. And good topic, Cal :wub:

~Ryan :wub:
It's not how hard you punch, but how deep that matters! ¤»IńĐřmîńĺߣ뫤

Timing...

#15 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

I've changed the topic title to better reflect the content and so that this can more easily be found later.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#16 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

I still enjoy the forums, even if I'm not posting in heated arugments with cal ;). Playing World of Warcraft the forums there are just so different, here pretty much everyone knows everyone witch is awsome.

My clannies and close friends, just about the only reason I log on a crit is to talk to you guys and make sure your doing good and life is treating yas right. I guess once in a while I enjoy the text scrollage of loggin a few alts.

And its kinda neat to try/hear about the new addiontions that staff have been adding to game over the last while, cause that sort of thing was so rare when I really played full time.
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#17 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

I like the players, my clan especially.

I like running random out there events just for the hell of it.

Push aside the gate-sitting cry-babies and this game is cool beans. Rock on.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#18 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:20 AM

I like the fact it hasn't been marketed like so many online rpgs have (such as... well, you know what they are), and the non emphasis on the donation system (I've never seen JLH make any mention of it, other than on the website, under "donations"). It makes the game much more fun, as you know you aren't being charged a monthly fee. This also ties in with the fact that I like the concept of having only a few people who design the game without thought of making a profit, as many things on the web make low quality games and say, "gimme money". Sorry, I'm very economically minded these days... But I like the focus on RPG, with NO pop culture references, or references to other games. Very original (besides the classic Role Play bits).

#19 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:34 AM

Absolutely nothing!

Edited by Eternyte, 12 August 2006 - 01:34 AM.

I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#20 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:37 AM

i like looking at peektures of andy
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#21 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:31 AM

I like the fact it hasn't been marketed like so many online rpgs have (such as... well, you know what they are), and the non emphasis on the donation system (I've never seen JLH make any mention of it, other than on the website, under "donations"). It makes the game much more fun, as you know you aren't being charged a monthly fee. This also ties in with the fact that I like the concept of having only a few people who design the game without thought of making a profit, as many things on the web make low quality games and say, "gimme money". Sorry, I'm very economically minded these days... But I like the focus on RPG, with NO pop culture references, or references to other games. Very original (besides the classic Role Play bits).

i believe "drows" is a reference to dungeons and dragons (i think)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#22 xvision

xvision
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

Nightmist is represented by me and you………..

So many faces, so many races
Different voices, different choices
Some are mad, while others laugh
Some live alone with no better half
Others grieve while others curse
And others mourn behind a big black hearse
Some are great and some are few
Others lie while some tell the truth
Some say poems and some do sing
Others sing through their guitar strings
Some know it all while some act dumb
And some will find their minds and think

Others walk while others run
You can't talk peace and have a gun
Some are hurt and start to cry
Don't ask me how don't ask me why

Some are pure and some half-bred
Some are sober and some are wasted
Some are rich because of fate and
Some are poor with no food on their plate.
Some stand out while others blend
Some are fat and stout while some are thin
Some are friends and some are foes
Some have some while some have most

Every color and every hue
Is represented by me and you

Let's take a slide in the nightmist's slope

Peace. ;)

Edited by xvision, 12 August 2006 - 01:10 PM.

#23 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

I've changed the topic title to better reflect the content and so that this can more easily be found later.

I'd like you to take note on who made this topic.

Nightmist is represented by me and you………..

So many faces, so many races
Different voices, different choices
Some are mad, while others laugh
Some live alone with no better half
Others grieve while others curse
And others mourn behind a big black hearse
Some are great and some are few
Others lie while some tell the truth
Some say poems and some do sing
Others sing through their guitar strings
Some know it all while some act dumb
And some will find their minds and think

Others walk while others run
You can't talk peace and have a gun
Some are hurt and start to cry
Don't ask me how don't ask me why

Some are pure and some half-bred
Some are sober and some are wasted
Some are rich because of fate and
Some are poor with no food on their plate.
Some stand out while others blend
Some are fat and stout while some are thin
Some are friends and some are foes
Some have some while some have most

Every color and every hue
Is represented by me and you

Let's take a slide in the nightmist's slope

Peace. ;)

Don't mean anything by this... But that doesn't say what you like about the game. It just says you can steal some ones poem and copy it onto a forum.

#24 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

Very original (besides the classic Role Play bits).

i believe "drows" is a reference to dungeons and dragons (i think)

Almost every game draws from Dungeon and Dragons, it's pretty much a given. I probably should have been more specific, however...

#25 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:55 AM

best thing bout nm...

its the only game ive seen that lets you play party-style in an online environment (Diablo 2 mercs dont count. 2 men aint no party)

#26 sly

sly
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 07:26 AM

trainin arenas..... ;p

#27 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:50 AM

What I like about Nightmist: The people
What I hate about Nightmist: The people

Thank you and goodnight

#28 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:18 AM

yeah i agree the new friends/allies and areas keep me going, and a few old friends other then that no ty.

awwe dj loves me ;)
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#29 Lodin

Lodin
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:45 AM

I miss the old nightmist. back when it seemed that everyone had only one alt and you only needed a party of 5 to kill some hard bosses. I remember the chaos in pern valley having thieves waiting outside the pub for you to run out and get stolen from. deepockets was the main one the did this. I miss the moshes that werent teamed on it was every man for himself. I miss northkeep, sslix, and far too many other places to name. When the reset happened i was hoping it would be up to par with the old version of the game. It was a little weird at first cuz it was completely different then the first version, but other than that i guess the new version of the game has been up to par with the first. Keep up the good work everyone. I also guess i play because ive been with it for so long that now its tough to let it go. you get to know the people, the land and the clans and you come to love them all after a while. Nightmist is great and i intend to keep on playing for a while yet.

#30 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:45 PM

God knows i've played this game long enough so there must be something i like, I like playing around making new areas, i enjoy the company of some people, and in some kinda bizzare way nightmist is responsible for the best relationship i could ever want, sometimes i enjoy running events and other times id rather just run about on crits and when things are really bad I read the forum and contribute more useless posts to it!
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users