• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:22 AM

Posted by Pandilex.

To further improve the balance of classes in Nightmist, I'd like everyone who visits this forum to post, sensibly, what changes they believe should be made to berserkers. How are they overpowered? How are they underpowered?

I'd like information in great detail, and I'd also like to know how you think they weigh up against the other classes. Which other classes are more powerful? Why?

I need to know how I should change the class to improve it further. To make it easier, I'm asking everyone who has played or played againsit a berserker to post their opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To structure this thread better, I would like people to use bullet points to state each piece of information clearly.

If you agree or disagree with another person, simply state that you disagree with [this statement] because ____

If you don't stick to this I will delete your posts, regardless of their contents, because I need to be able to read the information easily, and it makes it much easier when I can see clearly which suggestions are favoured by the majority.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#2 kar

kar
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 12:10 PM

No hp loss when berserking or smiting
and i have a question: My lvl 24 zerker does the same dmg as my lvl 18 zerker while zerking (usually), they both r 21 str dwarves with a pike, y does my expert do the same dmg?

Edited by kar, 24 April 2004 - 12:11 PM.

ive tasted ye blood
ive drank ye blood
ze vampires are back

#3 Repair_man_man_man

Repair_man_man_man
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, I agree with the whole "not losing hp when zerking or smiting" thing. Or at least not as much.
I have seen the top of the Mountian, and It is good.

#4 Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:22 PM

I disagree that the hp loss should be changed, your performing a furious attack and I think you should loose HP for what can be a devestating attack.

I think however the hit % should be increased a little as you get higher up, you are after all training to be better so why do I still miss roughly the same amount of time being lvl 23 as I did being lvl 13 for example. I am not talking 100% hit rate at 30, but something a little more reliable would be nice :P

#5 Oliver

Oliver
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:06 PM

I agree with HP loss... otherwise zerkers would be the downfall to what balance there is in the game.

#6 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:35 PM

I say it should be a formula having to do with level or damage.

Smite should take like 10% of remaining hp.

Berserk should take Level*2, or it should do damage/4

#7 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 05:43 PM

I think that they should be LOWERED instead of raised
Page/Memo Beatrix

#8 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 10:02 PM

Ooh, isn't this the Rappy that was saying zerkers were overpowered in about 5 different topics?

#9 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 02:03 PM

~Berserkers damage from using abilities is fine. Does not need to be changed.

~Berserkers hit hard, but not very accurately, there is a good balance between their damage and their hit %

~Only reason berserkers will hit full round is when they are spelled by clerics. I've only hit 6/6 against players maybe 3-4 times and only when I have RF up and such.

~As far as I have tested, berserkers die just as easy as anyone else, It's all about who has the first hit

~Only thing I would consider changing is that armor does not effect smite or berserk. This does give the berserker and edge because it takes away their main flaw, not wearing armor, they hae the high hp to withstand a blast from another berserker, but a fighter/cleric/ranger whatever has alot less hp, in some cases half or less, and all they have is their armor to keep them alive. Being able to ignore the defensive bonus that armor grants you is a little too much. perhaps a solution would be take half of the armor into account from a berserker attack, this way there is still some defense, but not as much. My arch fighter has about 100 armor points and it means nothing when i duel a berserker, makes wearing the armor and spendig the gold useless.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#10 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:57 PM

Ooh, isn't this the Rappy that was saying zerkers were overpowered in about 5 different topics?

yes this is the right rappy
Page/Memo Beatrix

#11 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

Surely if he is saying they should be lowered then he is still saying they are overpowered :P
Si Senior!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users