Steal Gold

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 02:00 AM

i think that maybe you could steal gold off people in cities aswell except not in shops, banks, taverns churches or lvl up rooms. It would make the game abit more exciting and make steal gold more useful.
What you all think?
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#2 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:22 AM

no

#3 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:57 AM

Yes. I r like so much, in other words, I hate it.

#4 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 10:00 AM

why would this be a bad idea
id like a more detailed answer than just NO!
If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, and it hits a mime, Does anybody care?

#5 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:23 PM

Lasden, I vote a definate no on this. Reason being: People would wait covert inside a bank, watch who withdrew gold and then catch them one square away. Say you were sitting in a bank and decide to go buy a DoTW or a Cobalt, and the moment you left the bank you got a large portion of it taken. Would be alot of people very angry in game.

Granted, it has been discussed before making "shady" areas within cities that are more of a danger zone this has never been put in. If they had such an area (for instance dark alley where thieves could hide in the shadows etc.. ) then people would be more leery of carrying large amounts of cash when traveling through there. The detailed descriptions could warn others to beware of pickpockets or something.

Just my two cents.

Good Day,
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 07:29 PM

I like Amy's idea, I'm pretty sure that the amount of gold you steal is equal to 1/7 of thier total amount.

#7 Lasden

Lasden
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2004 - 06:21 AM

Well thankyou for saying more than NO
and your idea is a good one i reckon

#8 All_Evil

All_Evil
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:52 PM

Easy solution ................ Since items cant be stolen implement the cheque/money order thingy. I think theives should be able to steal in towns however if they are caught they pay the consequences ...... lose the money they have on them + go to jail for a certain period of time and lose exp or something. Maybe even paying bail money just to get out of jail who knows, plenty of scenarios. The positives of stealing has to be on par with the negatives.

#9 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:02 AM

Dewd, stealing 5 times off someone you will make it once, and if they have 1mil holding, then your bale will be no where near what you stole, and any exp lost will be worth it unless it's 50mil or something.

#10 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:38 PM

I like Amy's idea, I'm pretty sure that the amount of gold you steal is equal to 1/7 of thier total amount.

not originally amy's idea, i recall myself suggesting it at the old forum.

#11 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:15 PM

Granted, it has been discussed before making "shady" areas within cities that are more of a danger zone this has never been put in.

Yes Cule. As I had said it was discussed before, Didn't remember who had originally suggested it. :P. Was a good idea but as people have said here as well as the old thread, there would have to be details worked out.
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#12 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:46 AM

the idea is just too good to ever happen. i'll demonstrate...

thieves stealing in town (good thing) creates the need for...

criminal status, and guards to protect regular adventurers from criminals (even better!) which encourages...

a redemption process that allows criminals to be redeemed by suffering the same fate of thier victims (so appealing) which would be hastened by...

restricted interaction for criminals, cutting off ties to non-criminal characters and NPC's (i'd start playing again long before then) ...and so on and so on...

now that ain't happenin'.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#13 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:50 PM

Ooh, let me dream, let me dream!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#14 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:57 PM

Someone just have to put all that in a nice gift wrap and post that in the suggestion section-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users