Text Limit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:24 AM

I don't know if there is currently a way to change the amount of text you can type in one message, but if not I think it needs to be changed.

I color code the clan message, and will be color coding a clan house here pretty quick, and like to alternate colors each letter in some words. Just now I ran out of room and had to cut a bit out of my message.

For those of you who don't know why this is, to color code, you have to put a 6 digit code within <>' before each stretch of characters you want to be that color. e.g. <00ffff> That adds a ton of text to a message when you are alternating on each letter.

Anyways, more space is needed for getting the colors how I like, and suggest that the limit be raised or removed. Again, if there is a already a way for each user to change it individually, enlighten me, if not, support this and get it changed please.

~Autek
Autek in game.

#2 Champion

Champion
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:25 AM

I agree with the nooob.

#3 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

lol it was already extended, it used to be shorter than it is now

#4 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

I dont see why there is a limit at all. It still needs to be bigger yet at the least lol. . .
Autek in game.

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

I am one of the most long winded players on Nightmist.
I used to have to type three memos just to fit in what I was saying, on occasion.

I haven't had any problems since the last increase. I don't think more space is needed really...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:44 AM

I am one of the most long winded players on Nightmist.
I used to have to type three memos just to fit in what I was saying, on occasion.

I haven't had any problems since the last increase. I don't think more space is needed really...

Unless I'm very much mistaken (quoting Murray Walker!) staff characters had access to a far larger text limit than non-staff, amongst other little quirks.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:30 AM

I don't send many memos from Stadius.
The memos I do send are pretty brief most of the time.

I was speaking as a player.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#8 Kratos

Kratos
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

I dont see why it shouldnt be a tad bit longer...Hmm...Supported.
Kratos is your god, bow to him, kiss his feet, give him a lolipop

#9 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

You can just put <red> <blue> <cyan> ect

More limited colors though, but it can save some space.

#10 Elucid

Elucid
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

It needs to be longer! How can i write you all romantic love memos without more space! :) it just doesn't have to pizzaz if i have to split it into 2 memos :)
Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense @)-`-,---

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users