Photo

Spell Casting Costs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Here's my suggestion:

Beginning at level 31, magical classes would receive a percentage reduction in casting cost at each level. Anywhere from 1-5% per level depending on class. What does everyone think? Flame away.

Jaded ingame.

#2 MegaBytes

MegaBytes
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Would be a nice addition. Supported

Satoris: Main

#3 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Kind of supported. It just seems like a bit to much coding to actually be implemented. So personally, if any coding is done I would like to see more "new" content. 

If it is a lot easier than my small brain imagines, then supported.Otherwise i think superior mana crystals can be considered a substitute for this idea(even though smaller levels can take advantage of them :/). 

Apocalypto

#4 Sarna

Sarna
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

supported

Sarna main Sarna 1alt

#5 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Yes! I've supported this forever! And not just for multi, it should happen on 1-alt as well. However, I think they should be only reduced for mages. Spell costs for other classes seem fairly balanced to me. Make mages less detrimental to boss trips!

Corinne in-game.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

I would think this would be more of an issue on 1-Alt than Main.

Do parties run out of mana on Main?  Even with Superior Mana Crystals?  Where?

However, I do think that mage spell costs are absurd.  They prevent even the largest parties from using high powered spells from mages because of how much mana gets sucked up.  I would bet clerics pose similar issues when you don't have tons of vamp weapons...guess it's been a while.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

I have run out of mana on extended trips due to the fact that I refuse to use anything but the most powerful spell available on my mage. 

Jaded ingame.

#8 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

We are evaluating the Mage spell costs, but it will remain the case that the most powerful spells are less efficient when you calculate the damage per unit of mana.  For drawn-out training you are generally better using Blast.  If you use Beam, or Devastate if you have it, you will run out of mana pretty quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users