Photo

Multi Server Reset

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: reset multi, yes or no

Do you think we should reset mutli server

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

Ok I know that this has been brought up about 6545614651651 times and shot down about twice that much

but lets face it, nightmist multi in my opinion has gone to the dogs, and i dont really see anyone much interested in multi anymore (some cause of the new nopk and other cause there is NO way a new person can achieve greatness on multi anymore considering other players are years literally years in advance)

i know this is a rip off of a couple other games but why not make multi into a ladder type server, fully reset it, limit the number of chars to say 5 or w/e the playerbase votes on and then once every year reset it from then on, and give the number 1 ranked player (i'd assume this would be your main character at this point) given a special prize such as an item or something lol basicaly a way of bringing the bracelet of speeds and inquistor's ring back into multi.

i know iam drunk right now lol so this all sounds great, but lets just have a simple vote and see what the player base thinks

#2 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

Alot of people have worked hard for years for what they have though also. Resetting the server would possibly make some of those quit rather than remake thier account.. I like and have liked the reset idea even when I had alot of stuff.. I know alot of people also play this game just to kill time and make boring days go faster and such that may welcome the idea of a new challenge.. the ladder idea is kinda meh in my opinion.. but JLH did say it wouldn't be reset so its kinda pointless.. I would fully support a reset just cause it would be interesting to see how things turned out when everyone had a level playing field.. I'd say 10 alts though instead of 5 limit just so if noone is on u can still somewhat solo things. This would also completely fix multi's buying/selling chars and items on forum and economy from people giving hand outs when they quit aswell.. so another plus.

Reset supported (but only a one time reset and not the ladder that involves more work for the few active staff we have left)

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#3 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

First off, I'd have to say if you're going to reset one server you'd have to reset both.

Secondly, I'd say that since main is nopk, there's no point in reset.

Thirdly, not supported.

:ph34r:

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#4 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

fourthly.... ( word or not.. I will use it lol )

1A should be reset.. and left down untill it can be redone the way it should have been
originally... in the first place... not the Main server.

Since that will not happen.... I do not forsee either being reset.

Elf :ph34r:

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

Fifthly, Elf for JLH '08 rofl

But I just wanted to conur with what elf said.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#6 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:52 AM

anyone who has actually worked for what they have most likely won't start all over again, especially seeing how hard it is to roll a decent three stat anymore, let alone anything higher. of course people who never did anything but gatesit would support a reset since they'd have a chance to be equal. i highly doubt after all the time i've put into some of my crits i'd just start over

not supported
Page me on Heritage

#7 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:52 AM

i said yes, because i would play it if they did... but, i would totally quit if i had alot of stuff on there lol...
Posted Image

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:01 AM

I'm going to toss out that a poll does not reflect any accurate numbers since there are some people with 5 forum accounts---made just to vote on polls in forums they use. It's been seen before.

Anyway, there is no justification for a reset. It is now an adventure game, rather than a real competition. Reducing players progress takes away from what they can explore----and we would not see the progress duplicated in any reasonable time-frame.
Muchless, a reset would finish off the quitting of almost every player that is left from a while back. Players left over would have no comparisons or players to look up to or compete with for bosses.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:22 AM

I still have my very first ever crit from main and it's lvl 34 atm. If they reseted main my sig would look a lot shorter hehe :ph34r:.
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#10 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:55 AM

What Elf said:P
Even in death my hate will go on

#11 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

Delete 1a :ph34r: . Leave main alone. Elf come staff 1a with trev.

On top of what gaddy said, 16 people have voted about 5 or 6 log on main regularly so to me, those 5-6 are the ones that really count. I'm one of them saying no.

Edited by «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤», 17 October 2008 - 07:04 AM.

I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#12 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

1a>multi... but besides that... cody is right... all the people that voted no are people that play 1alt... and me for 1(probably more) would be willing to play main if there was a reset and pk was re added..but being as it is nopk, i dont really see why a reset would be necessary.. i mean your basically just playing against yourself on main...
Posted Image

#13 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:58 AM

Been said before. If any reset was going to happen (And there needs to be one if this game ever wants to have a chance at striving) it would be to close down BOTH servers fix and fix and balance the game to fit the alt limit of which JLH/Simon would seem to be the best choice. Such as close down both and reopen ONE when they decided if they wanna continue with the 1a, 5a, 10a, or 20a. In my opinion, I think it would need to be 1a since that seems to be most popular and in my opinion the best way to go about a text based game. But as they said, Its not gonna happen so good luck.

#14 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:00 AM

there is no point in doing a reset and only bad kids want resets and it wont do anything anyway

the best players will be way richer than the normal ones and the same thing will repeat itself in another few years but we all have wasted years of our life and lost the accts we worked 5 years for

edit: and to everyone saying 1a is the best it just isnt

if people want to play 1a they will play WoW or something the best part of nightmist is that you can use alot of crits

Edited by Hansol, 20 October 2008 - 03:02 AM.

#15 Gin

Gin
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

uh, I don't play WoW? I like 1A, most of the time anyways - and I think using a lot of crits would be boring..I made the decision to join 1A not only because I wanted to PK..but because only playing one character at a time seemed to be more challenging. And it incorporates bonds that you have to make with other players, or you won't achieve anything.

#16 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

wows pretty lame..
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#17 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:21 AM

And again let me remind you, don't ask for a reset on a server you don't play, if your not involved you don't deserve an opinion. Notice no one that plays main is crying about the game state, new areas, new weapons, resets blah blah blah. Simple fact is the main player base is content with main. Those are nice things and always appriciated but not something anyone is longing for right now. I don't need to say anymore because gaddy covered it.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#18 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:03 AM

I used to play on the multi server and did boss to boss daily, i always said it needs a reset and taking nopk off as nopk is what killed the server because people couldnt handle being chased down with 200k+ gold on them and murdered. I say if you do not like being pk'd then maybe nightmist isnt the game for you. The people who whined about being killed and wanting the server to be nopk do they still play? No. They ask for nopk and quit LOL. Great way to mess the game up and leave.

If people who say it doesnt need a reset maybe theyre killing the game also? Think about it and then post on this thread.

Edit: I also played when it was PK and was killed from time to time i never bitched about it so why did everyone else? its the whining that got nopk.

Edited by Cadabra, 22 October 2008 - 02:10 AM.

Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#19 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:11 AM

i'd prefer to have pking turned back on..sure there wasn't much of it going on before it was turned off but it's nice to do once in awhile when you have the option. other than that i'm happy with main, there's nothing i would change. less players = more bosses for me lol
Page me on Heritage

#20 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

less players = more bosses for me lol

but dont you think the less players the less chance of new staff being hired and new area's being put in?
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#21 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:02 AM

i'm satisfied with what there is now, there are plenty of areas to choose from. of course i'm all for more areas being put in but it's not something i'm expecting at this time
Page me on Heritage

#22 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:13 AM

I agree turn pk back on, i'm all for it. Still no reason for a reset. The only reason i see which really isn't a reason and is pretty lame is that everyone dumped off there main stuff to play 1a. Now they have nothing and want a reset because boo hoo to the thought of making new stuff. You could agrue that you could just trade back, but not really i frequently try to buy main, there is none for sale for the most part. If there is, i find a way to buy it. If i don't someone else usualy does very quickly.

#23 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:36 AM

because only playing one character at a time seemed to be more challenging. And it incorporates bonds that you have to make with other players, or you won't achieve anything.

using 1 crit is harder than using 20 at full skill? LOL dont make me laugh

1a doesnt seperate the normal players from the tier 1 players aka the best players nm has had in certain aspects (people like broc/me/dev/ed) to name the fastest/best pvp players in no special order and it doesnt seperate normal people who cant do anything on their own from pvm legends like joe/aeryn

what do people like us get on 1a if we actually could be assed to play it? HOLY nuts WE COME ON THE SQUARE AND ARE ATTACKING WITH A HALBERD INSTEAD OF A PIKE AND HAVE 3 ROAS AND 1 CR INSTEAD OF JUST 4 CRS SWEET DAMN THATS INTENSE

on multi on the other hand you can tell about how good someone is just by their alt esc speed when they are attacking a target as they enter the square

if you think it takes less skill to use more crits your just wrong and thats all there is to it I dare you to let any of the top 1a players from pandi or whatever the hell that clan is aside from broc and have them solo some bosses tirantek has to offer or a hard boss like imhotep without losing crits not even mentioning something like soloing imhotep on 12 like I used to because its easy as hell to just manage keeping 1 crit alive you just attack and you have to wait 10 seconds before you can attack again and the whole time your watching your hp on multi it isnt that simple and the dueling on 1a isnt even worth mentioning its just about who wasted more time on the game to have a bigger acct instead of speed and skill like multi

1a = lets hold hands boyscout teamwork bullnuts because you can go to a boss with a level 20 adept fighter and have the same chance as getting a drop as the best player there because its decided with a /random so in pvp and pvm the truly best players arent untouchable as they are on multi please dont tell me you think the people on top on 1a are seriously the best players of nm because it just isnt true end of story

Edited by Hansol, 22 October 2008 - 07:47 AM.

#24 Lethal_Dose

Lethal_Dose
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

resetting main would be pointless, want too play main? do what others have done & trade your 1a stuff for main.
Just 1 shot to say goodbye
1 last taste to mourn & cry
Scores & shoots, the lights go dim
Just 1 shot to do him in

#25 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:41 PM

because only playing one character at a time seemed to be more challenging. And it incorporates bonds that you have to make with other players, or you won't achieve anything.

using 1 crit is harder than using 20 at full skill? LOL dont make me laugh

1a doesnt seperate the normal players from the tier 1 players aka the best players nm has had in certain aspects (people like broc/me/dev/ed) to name the fastest/best pvp players in no special order and it doesnt seperate normal people who cant do anything on their own from pvm legends like joe/aeryn

what do people like us get on 1a if we actually could be assed to play it? HOLY nuts WE COME ON THE SQUARE AND ARE ATTACKING WITH A HALBERD INSTEAD OF A PIKE AND HAVE 3 ROAS AND 1 CR INSTEAD OF JUST 4 CRS SWEET DAMN THATS INTENSE

on multi on the other hand you can tell about how good someone is just by their alt esc speed when they are attacking a target as they enter the square

if you think it takes less skill to use more crits your just wrong and thats all there is to it I dare you to let any of the top 1a players from pandi or whatever the hell that clan is aside from broc and have them solo some bosses tirantek has to offer or a hard boss like imhotep without losing crits not even mentioning something like soloing imhotep on 12 like I used to because its easy as hell to just manage keeping 1 crit alive you just attack and you have to wait 10 seconds before you can attack again and the whole time your watching your hp on multi it isnt that simple and the dueling on 1a isnt even worth mentioning its just about who wasted more time on the game to have a bigger acct instead of speed and skill like multi

1a = lets hold hands boyscout teamwork bullnuts because you can go to a boss with a level 20 adept fighter and have the same chance as getting a drop as the best player there because its decided with a /random so in pvp and pvm the truly best players arent untouchable as they are on multi please dont tell me you think the people on top on 1a are seriously the best players of nm because it just isnt true end of story

Cal ftw ! :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

#26 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Rappy posting on cals acct actually but good enough I guess

#27 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Rappy for the win then!

Lol

But for real... multi server isn't going to be reset I would never support it as I have said all the other times this has been said....

It gets reset, I'm gone completely easy as that.

*shrugs*
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users