Really Good Idea

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:47 PM

When you drink an Advanced Healing Potion u get 100 hp right? So what if u lost 80hp from something u drink the pot so u get only 80hp and then u have only 20hp that u can gain from the pot.

for example:i have 400hp i lose 40hp if a drink a pot that lets say gives me 200hp i drink and i only gain 40hp but i still have 160hp i can gain from the pot.

(this can work with every pot) even mana

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#2 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:05 AM

pretty nifty idea but then then cost of pots and crystal should be increased a bit so that they wouldnt get cheaper in a way ...

edit: in other words: it wont happen, use a crystal or a pot ( yay ) only when you have lost alot of hp/mana then you wont lose anything gained from pots or crystals

Edited by Cule, 13 September 2004 - 01:09 AM.

#3 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:43 AM

yeah, its not gonna happen...

#4 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:08 AM

yeah, its not gonna happen...

-nod-

Not only that, but I don't want to deal with having half a pot or whatever.
Note that it'd be pretty dumb to have a pot that only had 1/100 heal left in it and not realize it.

If they made diff. pics then the items wouldn't stack when they were on the ground and that was annoying as hell (items not stacking like they do now)...

And who says that that the pots are big enough to only drink part of one? What if you can't drink just part of the potion to get the effect?
Basically---I don't think that it being 'realistic' is much of a reason for the pots to not be fully used.

I don't see this being added....and I don't support it, sorry.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#5 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:56 AM

the idea is good but i agree with the others that it won't get added (i also c ppl just clicking pots like mad in fights cuz they will just heal by the hp they lose and not waste pots.
Even in death my hate will go on

#6 Xian

Xian
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:44 PM

Faily cool idea, would probably work in a game with a slower battle system, but not nm.
Celerity // Wodan in game.

#7 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:52 PM

Faily cool idea, would probably work in a game with a slower battle system, but not nm.

Yeah, well put.
Would be cool though if it was possible to make it happen in nightmist.

#8 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:16 AM

-nod-

Not only that, but I don't want to deal with having half a pot or whatever.
Note that it'd be pretty dumb to have a pot that only had 1/100 heal left in it and not realize it.

If they made diff. pics then the items wouldn't stack when they were on the ground and that was annoying as hell (items not stacking like they do now)...

And who says that that the pots are big enough to only drink part of one? What if you can't drink just part of the potion to get the effect?
Basically---I don't think that it being 'realistic' is much of a reason for the pots to not be fully used.

I don't see this being added....and I don't support it, sorry. 

they dont need to make pics just when u take ur mouse and leave it on a pot when the text box comes up it would just say the name of the pot and in parentheses for example 100 of 100 if u use 19 it will say 81 of 100

Edited by combusta, 06 October 2004 - 06:16 AM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:12 PM

I still don't see how this makes the game more realilistic.
Posted Image

#10 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:22 PM

I'd support it if it included a 'refill' option, where you can combine potions of smaller quantity; Also being able to 'top up' a lowered pot would be nice (to help this idea along).

Otherwise, nah.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users