Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

I don't..... get it?

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Basically, due to overwhelming votes from UN member states in Africa and the Middle East, a person being executed for being LGBT (homosexual, bisexual or transgender) is no longer an international crime, according to the UN. So, now, if you're not purely heterosexual, be careful where you go on holiday.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

Basically, due to overwhelming votes from UN member states in Africa and the Middle East, a person being executed for being LGBT (homosexual, bisexual or transgender) is no longer an international crime, according to the UN. So, now, if you're not purely heterosexual, be careful where you go on holiday.

Yeah it's pretty sad. I expected after seeing what Uganda was doing against homosexuality that even more countries would join in with support to them. It's 2010(nearly 11) and we're progressing backwards as a people rather than forwards. Next thing you know we'll have slavery in America again.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#5 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:00 PM

and this is why black people cannot run a country.
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#6 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

They simply voted to remove LGBT as a specific mentioned group, the unlawful execution of anyone based on pure discrimination is still something they are against.

So yes, being executed for being LGBT is still considered a crime. Just the emphasis is gone, which is still a bad thing I guess, since it's such a big problem. But saying the UN doesn't mind it if anything other then heterosexual orientated are getting executed is just pure propaganda.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

Admittedly blown out of proportion a bit, and none of us thought to delve into the official documentation to determine what was actually done. I'm sorry for jumping on the bandwagon a bit. This guy helps clear it up a bit (he really knows what he's talking about):

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

and this is why black people cannot run a country.

To be fair, in this case it would be "religion" or specifically "Islam" cannot run a country.
While I realize, or at least hope, you're making a joke, I felt like pointing out the difference between the assumed lack of civilization and humanity vs. the simply being very against non-conformity in the areas noted here. It's a matter of beliefs and conforming, and possibly preventing AIDS from becoming more of a pandemic, than reverting backwards in civilization's progress, as Exor called it.

I'm not saying that makes it any better to pursecute people, but they do run their countries in such a fashion for a reason.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

The world will never change. It's time our own countries started thinking about our own countries. We're the most powerful countries in the world (UK, USA) and we've even got problems that need dealing with.

#10 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:11 AM

Yea, cause if there's anything western countries aren't doing, it's thinking about their own country :P

News flash, you'll always have problems. But yours are in no comparison to those of a lot of others. Even in your own country, what fixes one mans problems creates them for the next. It's just one big back and forth depending on who is currently in power and in the end nothing constructive gets done that isn't destroyed again by the next.

P.s. funny how you mentioned 'our' own countries, and then putting your own country even before the US as most powerful. I'm not sure what constitutes being a powerful country in your eyes. But looking at military strength, technological advancement or even simply GDP, you're not really in the same league, there are a bunch of countries above you, especially on GDP.

Edit: I also find it funny how all the bad decisions ones country does is done by 'the idiots that were selected' and all the positive stuff is because of 'my country'. It's kinda when you're favorite soccer team loses and then it's 'they lost' but if they won, then it's 'we won'.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#11 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

How did I put the UK before USA? We are powerful countries because of where we are today.

#12 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

We're the most powerful countries in the world (UK, USA) and we've even got problems that need dealing with.

Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#13 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

Again, not exactly sure how I put UK before USA...

#14 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

As in you listed the UK first.
Jaded ingame.

#15 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

Looks like he put them in alphabetical order if you ask me.
Freek ingame.

#16 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

If you noticed, I said 'even before the US', the simple fact that he mentioned UK in the same sentence as most powerful is what's ignorant, the order was just the cherry on top. But like most, people pick the things they feel comfortable with arguing about, and ignore the rest. In any case, if US was to be in 1st of most powerful, UK would be in place 7 through 14, depending on your subjects of measurement for being the most powerful.

@freek, yea cause when you talk about the top of something..winners, favorites, best etc..you do it in alphabetical order and not in the order of the actual subject :P Like who scored the most homeruns this season, you list them alphabetically based on their names, not on the amount of homeruns..or wait..maybe not. Not that that was the original point I was going for tho.

But I'm sure someone finds something they have a rebuttal for, and comment on that, ignoring the totality of it all. Experience taught me that's how Nightmist as a whole likes to discuss things.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#17 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

Either way.. It's in alphabetical order :P
Freek ingame.

#18 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:50 PM

What the moose is that guy talking about... Freek, you hit the nail on the head. The fact that I actually LIVE in the UK also aided me in putting UK first. It's always UK and USA helping out the rest of the world, I see no other countries fighting....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users