A Scary Trend

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Oasis

Oasis
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

As I was glancing through the Leaving/Returning forum I have noticed that we are losing far too many good players and gaining very little. It makes me think, will I be here in a month? Will you be here in a month? Where is this game taking our lives?

JLH/Pandilex/Staff: Thank you so very much for making this game. You have done a truely great job creating Nightmist. But when I see people saying that you guys are lazy, never on, and don't do anything it makes me want to clear the server for you guys/gals myself. Thanks again for sticking in with this and for free at that.

As I was saying; in the past month or so we have lost many many good players and still more coming. Who will be next? Post your thoughts about this topic.

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:05 PM

The reason you're not seeing many good players 'come' is because that takes time.. I know plenty of people, who if they work hard, could be the next set of great players.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:06 PM

Isn't it quite likely that the new players that join the game are a lot less likely to post on the forum than the old players leaving the game? But yes any game hates to see its legends leave but people change and move on. It's something that happens in everything everywhere. Just hope they will be back and as we know, some of them will be :)

And I'm sure JLH appreciates the gratitude :)

#4 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:48 PM

i'd like to get it out there that i believe me(finale), mike(never has same crit's through a weekend), and that's about it will be amongst the top players in the game eventually.~toodles~

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:23 AM

<---------------

3-4 month = Class Ranking: 1/5659 Overall Ranking: 1/21228

:)
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:02 AM

u still banned?

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#7 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:15 AM

/t Throwback Won't surpass me.

It'll pass.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#8 Limit

Limit
  • Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:31 AM

Good players go because it takes time to get good .. hence top players have for the most part played a very good amount of time. And eventually theres nothing left for us to do. A little to lighten it up though.. i think im comin back :) as a player now not just a spectator :)

Edited by Limit, 08 May 2004 - 04:32 AM.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

#9 Quark

Quark
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:03 AM

w00t glad to see you re coming back :)

*gets the celebrations ready :) *

#10 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:38 PM

As i keep saying. once nightmist goes p2p, the game will become better again. All the RoK players will leave, all the idiots who get banned and curse all the time won't bother paying, and we will be left with people who have played for a long time, are good at the game, and do their best on it.

#11 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

Are good at the game? The point is to have fun, not own it all...

You suck, so you bye bye anyways

I just cursed and im not going anywhere...

I logged on ROK a couple of times and own a lvl 17 there...

So much for your theory
/me wins
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#12 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:07 PM

I suck? lol. i'll be happy to pay thank you. :)

and well done for contradicting yourself...

The point is to have fun, not own it all...

then...

You suck, so you bye bye anyways

and i was talking about people who constantly yell abuse to staff and other members of the game, spam all the time, and just generally act like an ass.

#13 Kazul

Kazul
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:02 PM

don't worry chase, i'm not going newhere either, i gotta stay around to keep u in check lol.

Ryan makes a good point though, good players quit because anyone who is good has been in game a relitively long time. and Rappy, unless ur gonna pull 30mill outa ur aza i don't think u'll be passin up jen for #1 overall ranking ne time soon.

And if the game does go P2P i'm honestly not sure if i'll stay or not. Haven't decided as of yet, only time will tell.
Solitude can be the birthplace of both genius and madness...

Can be reached In-Game on:
Kazul
Stonesour
Hangover
Maximus

#14 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:05 PM

Heh Epic already passed Jen..

Edited by Warlord, 08 May 2004 - 08:05 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#15 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:33 PM

I would stay, i love this game and i got many friends here. and i like being under the rule of the new gods (JLH&Pandilex)

#16 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:04 PM

Many leave the game for their own reasons, some reasons have nothing at all to do with the game itself but for real life reasons. Sure, some leave because of the drama and or constant conflicts within the game or as mentioned before in this thread, they get bored.

There are tons of really good players out there. I do not think that it is only a players rank that makes them great. It is the way they play, the way they interact (yes, both "good" or "evil" players). Although, if you have progressed in rank your efforts must be commended. Many work hard to get what they have.

Every person that plays this game has an impact on it in my opinion, whether it is becoming the Mosh Champ, winning the triplex, or helping a new player get around. Those that are new will grow stronger and learn different areas. Some will remain in far off places and some will be there just to become awesome in a particular area or class.

Yes, many leave, but every day many more come. Some that have left, those in the game will surely miss. Some, unfortunate to say, are better off gone.

To each their own. Enjoy the game.

Good day,
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#17 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:50 PM

don't worry chase, i'm not going newhere either, i gotta stay around to keep u in check lol.

Ryan makes a good point though, good players quit because anyone who is good has been in game a relitively long time. and Rappy, unless ur gonna pull 30mill outa ur aza i don't think u'll be passin up jen for #1 overall ranking ne time soon.

And if the game does go P2P i'm honestly not sure if i'll stay or not. Haven't decided as of yet, only time will tell.

lol epic already did and he may quit and has no alts left to make any money so... ?
Page/Memo Beatrix

#18 Flux

Flux
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 07:20 PM

There are a lot of ways to be considered a legend. Gold/items are just a couple ways, but not the end-all.

A lot of people who made great players were not particularly powerful money/alt-wise, but had a significant impact on the way the game was played, either through suggestions or charismatic influence.

In a lot of ways it comes down to this: if you say something, do people listen? Do they care?
A good post is like a miniskirt: short enough to pertain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

#19 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:17 AM

In a lot of ways it comes down to this: if you say something, do people listen? Do they care?

no and no. :)

#20 Oasis

Oasis
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:16 AM

I can't afford to pay. So I would pretty much have to go.

#21 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:25 AM

There are a lot of ways to be considered a legend. Gold/items are just a couple ways, but not the end-all.

A lot of people who made great players were not particularly powerful money/alt-wise, but had a significant impact on the way the game was played, either through suggestions or charismatic influence.

Very well put Havanor, I couldn't agree more.
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#22 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:06 AM

As i keep saying. once nightmist goes p2p, the game will become better again. All the RoK players will leave, all the idiots who get banned and curse all the time won't bother paying, and we will be left with people who have played for a long time, are good at the game, and do their best on it.

i came from rok....
im pretty sure u playied a game before you came on here, im pretty sure u didnt just get a computer 1 day and then randomly put a website in and you got nightmist.

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#23 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 07:47 AM

i will be the next legend!!! ( or one of them ) i have a 19 lvl fighter and it will pawn everybody ... beware!! mwahahahahaha!!! ... or not :)

#24 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

As i keep saying.  once nightmist goes p2p, the game will become better again.  All the RoK players will leave, all the idiots who get banned and curse all the time won't bother paying, and we will be left with people who have played for a long time, are good at the game, and do their best on it.

i came from rok....
im pretty sure u playied a game before you came on here, im pretty sure u didnt just get a computer 1 day and then randomly put a website in and you got nightmist.

actually you're wrong. when i got my house computers networked, the first thing i did was search for some games. I came to games archive where i downloaded nightmist, which was sometime in pre-reset (i think it's still up there with the old screenshot). So, yeah... i pretty much started playing nightmist as soon as i got my internet up. :)

#25 Darkling

Darkling
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:39 PM

Too tired to read through all the posts but, everything will stay in a balance because its just how things work. 'Legends' will leave and noobies will keep coming, and people that have been playing will become the new big people in game. Just because these people you like so much are leaving game does'nt mean you cant ever talk to them again, you got other games and a thing such as chat clients to keep in contact wif em. :)
Leave the sig alone you rabid monkey

#26 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

im pretty sure u didnt just get a computer 1 day and then randomly put a website in and you got nightmist.

Actually as silly as it sounds, i did just that and then rolled my mage on the third roll, but then, (like some other's that play this game), choas theory is my way of life :)

#27 Magoo

Magoo
  • Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:06 PM

yea i had a computer long time before i started playing nightmist but besides solitare and maybe spades once in awhile when server is down this really is only reason i sit at my computer and is first game i started playing ..
Skills pay the bills and ur dead Broke

#28 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:55 PM

People will always come and go... however big or little they may be.

I've played so long that I don't even remember if this was my first game I played. I just know it'll be my last. Some how.... nothing will ever compare to this game.. no matter how bad it bores me.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#29 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:08 PM

I downloaded the game pre-reset but never played. My sister tried getting me here and such, but being the nerd I am, I was too busy running a chat server and uninstalled an unplayed game. Bout 8 months later I downloaded it again out of boredome and got hooked.

#30 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:25 PM

I was shown it on my school's network by friends pre-reset, (hosted by JLH's pc he brought into school everyday to run the school internet). I played it every lunchtime until JLH left the school. School got proper internet then and all games were banned from all pcs :)

All of Nightmist's history it has been interesting to see the big guys come and go all being unique in their own ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users