• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 03:58 AM

K, I know Paci's can't join clan probally because there so easy to train. My suggestion is that, Paci can join clans but have no input on their points, because I want to talk to my clan members when I'm on my paci. Any suggestions to this are welcome.

#2 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:03 AM

i kinda agree...dont see how it could hurt really...
-Alias ingame-

#3 Minion

Minion
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:04 AM

The purpose of a pacifist was a class that could live on its own.

Therefor, joining clans was not allowed while using a character of this class.

#4 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:16 AM

what do you mean when you say 'My suggestion is that, Paci can join clans but have no input on their points'

If I understand correctly you mean no say in the running of the clan etc?

But thatd all depend on the player not the class wouldn't it?
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:08 AM

He meant the clans point score, same as Staff members don't affect the score. He just worded it badly.

Leave them as they are, why does everyone want to mess with Pacifists?
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:56 PM

You have a friend list and an enemy list. This doesn't need to be put in.
Posted Image

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:39 PM

My clan (aviators) is way to big to put them all my friends list. When I /clan members I lag really bad, so I don't need that as my ] option.

#8 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

You can't honestly tell me that you'd put your entire clan on your friends. I mean...it's extremely hard to believe that you'd consider your entire clan a close friend.

I'm in DH and even though I treat everybody well, some people are just closer friends than others.

And what's the difference between /friend and /clan loc?
You'd (most likely) get the same amount of people if not more with /clan loc.
Posted Image

#9 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:08 AM

pffft why not let them in clans? we can finally acknowledge that pacifists aren't solo classes, and that they exist almost entirely to benefit other crits either tactically or monetarily. with that resolved we can then move forward to making special swords for them that end fighting (because they're pacifists and are against violence) by killing all parties involved in humane and painless ways.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#10 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:38 AM

Ya grush is right, All clans benefit from pacis either way....they communicate either way....i dont really care if pacis can join clans but there really isnt a reason why they shouldnt now
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#11 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:43 AM

I err, actually got the impression Grush/Dogna was using his sniper like sarcasm to voice his opposition to the discussion, and Pacifists in general.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#12 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:56 AM

Not that it means much, but here is my 2 cents...

True, Clans will log paci's at bosses using them on to check for spawns, They will take them into a boss square to help thier clan survive another successful unchallanged boss drop, they will train with one following closely, etc...

I supported pacifists in many ways, but all boiled down thier nothing more than untouchable, weaponless clerics.

The only truly possible thing to do, would be restricting pacifists. Allowing them specific areas where they are allowed to go and not allowing acess to other areas. Prior to pacifists everyone had to learn thier way arround without the safty factor, these players became better by doing so, newer players are going to rely upon having a paci close at hand, I don't see this as helping them in the long run.

#13 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:05 AM

dan, it's just a lot easier to mold them into the form all the other classes fit. they're really pretty damn close as is. let them into clans, let them log on alts, let them use weapons to kill people and get killed. in every other aspect they're already there, and in some they exceed to such points that modifying them to be like the rest would balance them out considerably. yeah they'd lose those qualities that are supposed to fill nightmist's need for a class that can exist without PvP interference but let's face it: the expirement failed-pacifists can't exist without interfering in PvP relations, and are the workhorse of a player's stable.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#14 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:15 AM

Just remove a pacis ability to interact with a play on a personal level.

Make all their spells either monster or self only, and leave them only friend list to chat with people on. Not even general chat.

It seems harsh, but its the only way the class would truely be a NON pvp class...
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#15 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 06:33 AM

oh and don't forget to limit thier money/item transferring ability to that of a lvl 1 crit, and keep them off the site and whatnot. i'm so kidding myself.

#16 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:08 AM

look...if pacifist were made to be a solo class and not allow other crits to be used at the same time then keep it that way...and dont allow them to fight other people..only monsters...just take away the justice zone..cause it does make them easyier to help people out at monsters/bosses....if people want them in clans..let them have it.who cares...isn't like it would really hurt anything...also they should be able to heal/help other crits because pacifist are supposed to be against violance..not helping people...and yes they are used mainly to help other crits out by earning gold without having to worry about geting killed and losing the gold...if your a big of enough newb to need the extra secrurity then have at it....but pacifist should remain a 1 crit ONLY.....

WELP i think thats my whole 2 cents..lol...any errors in my typing please dont mind because it is very late here atm and i am tired and i dont care if i mess up while i type so sry for the typos lol

#17 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:36 AM

That post was full of contradictions.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#18 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:13 AM

pffft why not let them in clans? we can finally acknowledge that pacifists aren't solo classes, and that they exist almost entirely to benefit other crits either tactically or monetarily. with that resolved we can then move forward to making special swords for them that end fighting (because they're pacifists and are against violence) by killing all parties involved in humane and painless ways.

Dognapot always says things exactly how I think them.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#19 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:51 PM

WELP i think thats my whole 2 cents..lol...any errors in my typing please dont mind because it is very late here atm and i am tired and i dont care if i mess up while i type so sry for the typos lol

I'll forgive the typos, but not the complete lack of cohearancy...
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#20 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 07:29 PM

jz should be limited to three players at a time, and pacifists should not be able to kill undead, make it so that exp is only gained by healing other players, go ahead and double the experience amount for healing though.

#21 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

Healing gives (correct me if I'm wrong) 10 XP per one point healed.

You might as well try to level a fighter to 30 on giant rats.
Posted Image

#22 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:59 PM

Exactly, making pacifists extremely difficult to level.

#23 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 08:43 AM

Yes, even if Pacifists are let in clans they will remain a 1-alt class.

#24 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:30 AM

Bump

#25 Omniscient

Omniscient
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:36 AM

I was under the impression that they weren't allowed in clans so that they wouldn't show up as red to anybody.

I personally don't really care either way though.

#26 Repair_man_man_man

Repair_man_man_man
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:38 AM

I don't really care if they can join clans. But parties would be good. I don't see the point in them not joining parties.
I have seen the top of the Mountian, and It is good.

#27 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:06 PM

making Pacis a reg class is destroying a cleric.

I mean, personally, if they did this id sell my cleric and put my arch pacifist into my party. is this really want you guys want?? You fire at an arch get him for like 300 points of damaging and he click a few times, becomes Healthy again?? If we make pacis regular, we may as well screw Pking
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#28 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:18 PM

making Pacis a reg class is destroying a cleric.

I mean, personally, if they did this id sell my cleric and put my arch pacifist into my party. is this really want you guys want?? You fire at an arch get him for like 300 points of damaging and he click a few times, becomes Healthy again?? If we make pacis regular, we may as well screw Pking

1. They are not talking about making a paci playable with alts (read the thread)
2. You don't have an arch paci

-Meep-
«¤Mêad¤»*

#29 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:37 PM

i thinink they should just be able to use general chat and paging. no friend chat or anything. they should not be able to join clans and should still be a single crit character. they should be even more restricted in player interaction. they should get thier own vaults so that you cant transfer items, and you should not be able to buy items off the site that were put there by your own crits. the should get about 25-35 xp per point healed instead of like 50 or whatever it is now. i think that would be more fair. they wouldnt be the easiest to train anymore, and it would be a lot harder to benifit other crits. oh yeah, they also shouldnt be able to donate to clans. im sure people can find ways around all of this, but it would make it a little more difficult.
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#30 Pandora Pacifist

Pandora Pacifist
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:11 AM

Lol Dc, you ever really played a paci? Demonic Soldiers is groups of two still give me trouble, and im level 27. If we healed for the same amount as a cleric, then we mine as well screw the paci class. I mean, whats the point? Pacis live of their ability to heal. Tak that and downgrade it, id rather train a 10 10 10 10 10 10 fighter than train another paci. And what would a paci be without friend chat? I am not gonna waste my macros on /p so and so. And ya know, pacifists irl interact with ppl all the time. What your sayin is basically lockin us in a drak room and sayin, best of luck. Stop hating us and accept us. Were here to stay, so freakin get over it.

BTW: I heal for 70 with salve, 25 with soothe.
"George Bush should say The End when hes finished cause he tends to ramble on."

Frank Calliendo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users