• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Base damage: 23, Can be used by: clerics, Description: This staff has a magical feel to the touch. The staff is crafted from high carat gold, a variety of gem stones radiates colours of red and green along the shaft and atop of the staff sits a sphere of gold., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: 0.05.

Doesn't it seem like, with all that bling, that it'd add +1 Charisma? I don't think it'd over power it since Charisma isn't important as far as healing others goes.

Post what ya think.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#2 speedy

speedy
  • Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

i agree 100% most things appear to be char mods anyhow

I think all classes appart from pacifists should be removed, then we can all be hippies and play nice together

Inappropriate Avatar - Crane

#3 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

Nice idea Clay. You amaze me. You posted this the whole while out pking. Your hawt!!!
I am whoever you think I am.

#4 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

its not needed, its been like this for a couple years keep it as is.
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#5 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

that's actually not a bad idea, seeing as the staff would make you look better with all of the jewels on it

supported
Page me on Heritage

#6 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

Supported!
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

I always thought that the Gem Encrusted Staff was a hard weapon to craft, and does not really offer much as Clerics seldom attack directly; A little thing like a stat boost can do no harm, surely?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 01:51 AM

I always thought that the Gem Encrusted Staff was a hard weapon to craft, and does not really offer much as Clerics seldom attack directly; A little thing like a stat boost can do no harm, surely?

My sediments exactly.

#9 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:14 AM

I always like lookin more sexier then I already do...

Supported. :ph34r:
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

I always like lookin more sexier then I already do...

Supported. :ph34r:

Does that mean there will be internal discussion amongst the staff team members?

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

Probably not.
Modifying individual weapons really won't get feathers in a ruffle enough to bother a full out discussion.

I don't see any reason that a char mod would be bad in this case, but with how things tend to go, editing equipment on the whims of players is a bad idea.

Neutral.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#12 Black Prince

Black Prince
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

Probably not.
Modifying individual weapons really won't get feathers in a ruffle enough to bother a full out discussion.

I don't see any reason that a char mod would be bad in this case, but with how things tend to go, editing equipment on the whims of players is a bad idea.

Neutral.

I'm with Gaddy on this one, single weapon mods on a whim is not a good idea, because one thing would lead to another and someone would later expect staff to mod weapons just because, which is stupid.

Neutral as well. ;p
Drizzle/Soldier ingame.
~´°º¤»§tõr(¥) Çhåõ§«¤º°´~

#13 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:15 AM

agree with gaddy as well.. considering clay only wants it to give +1char because he is crafting one... however, if it had been this way prior to people crafting them, and prior to clay buying almost all the shards on 1a then i could see no harm in it...

#14 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

I'd say yes..but I don't really care, I use a broomstick.

Supported.

#15 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

Ok, "player whim" is something that I've thought about since I came back to main and saw you could craft it. I was shocked that after all that hard work there was no stat mod. And yes, I am close to crafting one. That's why I've been doing /library on it a nutsload lately realizing it's really not all that cool. And with 6 bad ass gems and a shiny golden staff it would sure make you look sexy (+1 Charisma).

#16 Orgy

Orgy
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Supported clay to the maw flippin ton, but it wont get added. :ph34r:
Tear ingame.

#17 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

Not Supported just makes clerics better at healing(themselves), making the game easier...

Edited by Prophet, 27 February 2009 - 03:09 PM.

Si Senior!

#18 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

Not Supported just makes clerics better at healing(themselves), making the game easier...

Lol, this is like +2, doubt that makes anything easier. Also seeing as most won't even bother making one.

It's a great weapon for 1a as it is (not sure if they can make it over there tho) seeing as you need to attack to kill the token boss. Don't support it unless it has a valid reason not mentioned here yet. Not a very big fan on changing things already in the game, unless there is really need too.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#19 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

People make them so that there item sets are complete so yes they are made, I have one on all my clerics and I still don't think its a good idea...Maybe on 1a as I don't know how things work over there but not for Main
Si Senior!

#20 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

Probably not.

Neutral.

so then, tell us why viper claws were changed awhile back?
Page me on Heritage

#21 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

Viper Claws were changed because I got to set them to the stats that I wanted after asking other staff if it would be OK.
It wasn't a modification on the whim of players, who will always support making items better. The changes to them were on my thought, as the sysops who created the crafting option. The recipe, monsters dropping fangs, and stats had been messed with by the staff who implemented the crafting and item, since it was before I could edit and work on monsters or items.
They also had very little use as they were when originally put in-game, unlike the Gem Encrusted Staff.

As a note, the "Probably not" is not about adjusting the Gem Encrusted Staff. It is my response to Crane's question about a discussion among staff being started.
This post is enough, if other staff approve of the change. (Oracle, Trev, and Elf)

My vote is still neutral.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#22 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

I'm not suggesting it should be added tomorrow cuz I said so. I'm posting because, to me, it makes sense. I've thought it out and don't think it would be unbalanced and makes perfect sense.

+1 wis would be unbalanced and foolish. +1 Charisma, I think, works.

Regardless if you like the idea or not, I think it's something to be thought about.

#23 Orgy

Orgy
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:05 AM

lol, almost every suggestion made is to make the game easier in some way.
Tear ingame.

#24 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:55 AM

Any item or area that's available makes the game easier in some way or another... the degree of it all depends on how hard the item is to obtain or how hard the area is to complete.

Charisma actually has very little effect on healing spells, but nonetheless looks pretty. The Gem Encrusted Staff is rather powerful already, but only if you plan to directly attack with your Cleric, and it only really shows its full potential versus other players (mana leech)... it also requires almost as many Sapphire Shards as the Cobalt Bow to craft.

I suppose the only drive behind the case to give it +1 Charisma as well is due to players wanting it rather than any particular fundamental flaw. Personally I don't think +1 Charisma is particularly unbalancing for something this tricky to craft, but we must remember that we are proposing that we make the most powerful Cleric weapon (other than the Cobalt Staff of the Winds and the Scepter of Balance) even more powerful than what it is already.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#25 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

when fighting a boss that clearly is the most frustrating and one of the hardest ingame; clerics need all the help they can get....

I support this completely considering the cost of making the staff does not justify +2 bd and 0.05mana leech. Although perhaps if one of those 2 stats <<<< were changed I may not support it.

Half supported.

#26 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

arovet is not as hard as you all make it

You attacked an Arovet the Infidel with a Rune Staff for 40 points of damage, killing him.

#27 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

arovet is not as hard as you all make it

You attacked an Arovet the Infidel with a Rune Staff for 40 points of damage, killing him.

Lol... why in gods name are you edit'ing your kill shots with weapons you dont have?
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#28 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

i think it's a different boss on 1a (well the same boss actually, just with a higher degree of difficulty)
Page me on Heritage

#29 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

oh lol

/t matty because a rune staff looks better then an angelic scepter

#30 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

I used two have both runics (Random splurge) And yes, having those would make arovet a lot easier due to the innate healing potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users