• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Terrier

Terrier
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:24 AM

It was a great game,classes where ballanced before spider king appeared in game
fighters where very good,palladins where slow but effective murders,mages where the only character that could round you but low armor and life,thieves had medium armor but the ability to kil anything slightly injured,druids had som problems but they did ok,clerics where rare cause u had to fight mobs,rangers where good 2.

First major mistake was introducing multi alts.
Fighters.
1.they made druids hit more damage then a fighter,have alot more armor then a fighter,and could heal themselves,nouris,invis,track?
2 increase armor of mages dramaticaly
3 increase overal armor with armor amulets,4 ac rings,bracelets
they became useless
Palladins.
1Druids got mana leech weapons that where badly implemented in game
2 overal armor increased
3 introducing zerkers as clik,bye
4 clerics improved,hance(champ str) rf,ar,etc,train by healing easy
5 multi alt required click ability for use,ranger,thieves,zerks,cleric
they became useless

I want to note that on 1a the armor is a major part of the class unbalance,making the armor piercing and magic the only escape.

if they kept the original balance it was all good
can u imagine a 60 armor thief lvl 35 vs a 35 fighter?would that be balanced?no vampiric and halberd,dos,like the old days.

id say nm got pwned.
I still remember how good diversity was.
i could go on like this,but i'l stop here

i dont have time to correct grammar problems.

Edited by Terrier, 21 September 2008 - 02:31 AM.

I will be open for any boss partyes pm if u need me,i play for quest only

#2 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:21 AM

i dont have time to correct grammar problems.

And Simon has already said he has no time in his busy life to correct or improve the game. Not trying to be a turnip here, but we are either going to have to cut ties with Nightmist or learn to live with it's imperfections. Regardless of all the inperfections in the game it still has it good points. I think everyone including the creators realize the game is unbalanced. It was a project that began when JLH and Simon's biggest problem in life was where the next zit would popup. Ahh how I miss those days. But both of their lives haven taken them down other paths. They got bills now. And to be honest even if Nightmist was perfectly balanced and heavily advertised I doubt either could afford much more then a shack if they relied on the income generated by the game.

So it comes down to two choices.

1)Look for the things in the game that have kept you here for so long and continue to enjoy those building a network of good friends.

2)Make another post on the leaving forums highlighting all the fun times you have had over the years and outlining in a positive way why "you" are no longer interested in playing anymore, and use Google to find that game that can meet all your gaming needs.

I am hoping you choose #1 personally. But as Simon and JLH has proven. Sometimes life doesn`t give you everything you want.

And after reading over your list again I feel the need to point out that many of the changes you have listed came from player suggestions. Many of the suggestions I personally voted for. Maybe we as players (Myself included) should take more things into concideration before making suggestions. Personally being one who loves thieves I have always supported anything that would improve that class giving very little thought as to how it would affect other classes. So I guess I am guilty to of the unbalance in the game. I'll be careful what I ask for next time. . .

Edited by JadedSoul, 21 September 2008 - 04:29 AM.

I am whoever you think I am.

#3 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

And after reading over your list again I feel the need to point out that many of the changes you have listed came from player suggestions. Many of the suggestions I personally voted for. Maybe we as players (Myself included) should take more things into concideration before making suggestions. Personally being one who loves thieves I have always supported anything that would improve that class giving very little thought as to how it would affect other classes. So I guess I am guilty to of the unbalance in the game. I'll be careful what I ask for next time. . .

qft. For the record, just about everything we've ever suggested has been a result of our own self-interest or interest in slowing down other people, and the results of those suggestions has been just what we deserve.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#4 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

qft. For the record, just about everything we've ever suggested has been a result of our own self-interest or interest in slowing down other people, and the results of those suggestions has been just what we deserve.

/nod dognuts
I am whoever you think I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users