What Items Are Under-valued?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

What item drops do you think are under-valued?

What items have fallen in price so much that they are hardly worth loading up characters to go search for them?

What are the things that are just so abundant in game that it is easier and cheaper to buy them than it is to go through the trouble of getting them?

What things are incredibly hard to get but worth very little?
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#2 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

Giant sand wurm for both drops...

Enchanter.

CG.

GC

banshee + it's chest.

DG

#3 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:58 PM

Giant Sand Wurm
Lyz the Enchanter
Demonic General
Atrium Monarch (Not as much as the other three....but still has gone down its share)

Edited by Trance, 14 November 2006 - 04:04 PM.

All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#4 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:12 PM

Agree with Juan :)
DG the Hally drop has significantly came down in price/value as has Rose Blade
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

**Crystal Giant- I don't really know why the rings are worth so little anymore, it's not as if half of us don't still need 20 more sets.

**Spider King (I don't even bother with him unless I have clerics to train)

****Demonic General- Now that his area has been changed and re-vamped; it seems that the Halberds that have always been dropping in price could be the most commonly under-valued boss drop ingame. They've been dropping in price since I started 4 years ago...

****Giant Sand Wurm - exp is the only reason to go to him anymore, SWH and DoS are both without real value.

****Aet'Thol (Difficulty-wise, he just isn't worth the cost to kill him. Low exp and low damage when healing him)

*****Lyzanthir the Enchanter- I bought 8 SoDR for 35k. That sums that up. High hp'd boss that isn't entirely a push over and requires a trip through the whole area ahead of him.

***Atrium Monarch- Another boss that is only good for training anymore basically; both of his drops either have better alternatives or can be purchased in stores...and yea.

**Captain Wylsen- To an extent. It just seems like Spyglasses aren't as sought after, and it would be fun if something else made him worth wild.

******Giant Chameleon- I don't even know where to begin...exp and gold of the Mt. before him. The horrible gold vs. monster difficulty in gnome caves; followed by a drop that is hardly looked for anymore...

****Herric- His drops aren't what they were when he was first made because of the morph system change, and that makes him of little value, especially with how difficult the catacombs are.

***Sewage Smithy- People don't look for BoS because they train straight through the levels where BoS is the best weapon...

*s = a kind of ranking as far as how much they lack in value.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:50 PM

/nod Gaddy about the Spider king and Aet'Thol. Completely forgot about those.
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#7 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

Demonic General
Atrium Monarch
Lyzanthir
Chameleon

Would be worst offenders imo
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#8 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

Who and where is herric and the sewage smithy?

Also, don't forget scarlet daggers guild, and also mansion owner.

#9 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

Herric is the final boss down in the Catacombs.
He used to drop the Lycanthrope Potion, or something to that sort (well, that was the drop I once got from him). Which morphed your character into a Werewolf (suprise, suprise), changing your stats etc for a limited time. 1 minute I believe, but it was YEARS ago now.
He now drops some crap potion, Darkmist Potion, or something.

The Sewage Smithy is a small area a few grids from the link between Sewers 3 and 2. South and West a bit, if memory serves me right. BoS = Blade of Sacrifice.

I'd agree almost whole-heartedly with Gaddy's list. Though I'd rank some of the lower leveled bosses higher than Aet'Thol and Lyzanthir the Enchanter, as it's the newer players that need encouraging (like this'd make any difference).

Limiting an area not by character level, but by the characters game time? ooohh, kinky.

Edited by alone, 14 November 2006 - 05:47 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#10 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

the herric is great still - i made a whole party just for him

DG is a bit poor now - 25-30k aint much for a boss

Ceramic Jav is worth sod all

Banshee is fine - Gaunts are still well worth having

Gaint Cham - one of the coolest area's/boss's ingame and it dont drop much usefull any more -AOP dont sell ever

Enchanter i agree - useless and even with the silk drop it costs nearly as much to make silken sandles if not more then you get for them

Winged vamp - cant sell for love nor money

CG is FAR to easy to kill now to make it any more worth while, 130 odd k for 10 mins work aint bad.

BD really aint worth the effort any more - in the time it takes to collect all the keys and stuff it dont drop anything worth while unless your really lucky

Sand Wurm - deffo needs somthing at least sort of shiney
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#11 Some_Random_Person

Some_Random_Person
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

captain

#12 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:37 PM

The only reason these items are undervalued is because there are too many people who can kill these bosses on their own. Who needs to buy something when they can log on 20 alts and do it themselves? Traders can't justify reasonable prices on such items that should be worth alot more as people will not buy them. The only time when items get sold is when the value is so cheap that people can justify paying it, rather than spend the little effort it takes to kill it themselves.

I designed the Chameleon as a team based quest and at the time of creation it was difficult to complete (sometimes by entire clans). It's obvious that an area will become less difficult and it's item less valuable over time isn't it? Well....not entirely - if people were restricted to using no alts at all, then it's value would rise dramatically. Yes an alt limit probably wouldn't work nowadays, but if it were up to me i would enforce it anyway. So what if something appears too hard to kill. Find a way. Don't complain when everything isn't handed to you.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#13 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

Do ya maybe possibly think some new drops wud b in order, jus 2 add a lil point in these bosses, maybe like a low drop rate, but give a point 2 em... cuz i haven't done any of these bosses in atleast 5 months (ATLEAST) jus an idea, dont expect it 2 b implemented..

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:22 AM

Honestly...is that in english? What are you saying?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 THC

THC
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:17 AM

Gaddy's list pretty much sums it up, and I totally agree with Stigmata on the alt limit issue. 1 alt trips are always fun.. I know it's been shot down in the past. But i think a limit of 3-6 would be nice. (Or more areas where only 1 alt could enter) Sorry to go slightly off topic, but it would definetly bring prices back to old school times. When most people used few alts.

Edited by THC, 15 November 2006 - 06:24 AM.

Such a fool to think that i could wake you from your slumber,
that i could actually heal you,
Sleeping Beauty

#16 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

Actually enforcing a 1 alt limit would drop the price of items down to a stupidly low level, like 10k for a cr type thing.

I think one way would be to increase crafting a little - make a few huge shiney items that will take a fair amount of effort to create - at the moment most crafting items are made from maybe 1 boss drop at most - the rest are lil normal monsters

If the giant cham drops something 50% and you needed 5 of then its worth killing if the reward was geniuinly worth it and if you combine it with the need to have a few other boss drops along with a load of normal items (cr's sg's rose blodes (anything there are lots of) to the value of the a couple of million along with say 500k gold money order, for the higher players to make this item it would drag a chunk of gold out of the game, and the lower players can collect the items and sell them to the higher ones.

just a thought
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#17 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:54 AM

Crafting has both stabilized the prices of certain plentiful items and at made certain lonely bosses and areas not quite so lonely anymore.

While I'm not making any promises, I also did not start the post simply because I was curious.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#18 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:14 AM

the dragons-eye gem could be adjusted for inflation. 20k doesn't go as far as it used to.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#19 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

One problem with making good low-level drops is that you don't stay low level. Also, there's one "set" way of training low level crits - go to the swamps, or lately, granite beasts. If it's a healer, you heal things. I just arched a cleric that I didn't get any equip for other than wis mods :)

Perhaps some work could (will) be done on crafting these things. e.g. 1x Blade of Sacrifice + 3 Dark Mist Potion + 2 Scroll of AoP + 1 Amulet of the Lich + 1 Enchanted Silk = Dreamweaver Blade (35bd) or something equally ubernautical. You only need to have one all-encomapssing formula to make it worthwhile. Like if people find out that hey, BoS sells for 200k now, they might go get one :o

In fact, there's probably quite a few defensive/illusion-making armor/weapons that you could craft using dark mist pots and aop scrolls :P

If you need to find any overpowered items to make, just look on boss drops i wrote like 20 :)
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#20 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

the problem with taking all the 'junk' drops and combining them through crafting to make something worthwhile is that you cant make items that are rediculously more powerful than other items in the game already. Most crafting items are slightly better than the original counterpart. So adding craftable upgrades would have to be minor but still better.

for instance the paladin area is all but extinct now,

crusader's crest+scroll of aop+enchanted silk+random other pieces=
Breastplate of Might; fighter, paladin; 42 AC; 1str
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users