Photo

Benchwarmer

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever been a benchwarmer/ Would you ever make some one be a Benchwarmer?

Have you ever been a benchwarmer/ Would you ever make some one be a Benchwarmer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Crazy_Chic

Crazy_Chic
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:24 AM

I was just wonderin how many of u have been bench warmers ( i have) and wanted 2 kno who would do that 2 another kid ;)

Balanced Meal= A Cheeseburger in Both Hands

~--Crazy_Chic in the game--~

#2 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:27 AM

I've never been a bench warmer.. But I think in some cases people need to be benched, so I would. But if they're on the team, they deserve playing time, no matter how bad they are. Most of the time, the worst ones on the team are the hardest working anyway.
Aequitas In-Game

#3 Crazy_Chic

Crazy_Chic
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:28 AM

yea i agree but the entire game is seriously wrong...it happend 2 me 1nce and i wasnt ever the worst player... i sat the entire game and tried 2 b a good sport

#4 Crazy_Chic

Crazy_Chic
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:31 AM

sry i forgot to add a yes/yes option...if u want that 1 vote on yes/ denpends on circumstances and specify that u wanted yes/yes
sry!!!

#5 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:08 AM

WTF is a benchwarmer

#6 Kobra

Kobra
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:29 AM

(to enzyme) Someone who sits on the bench the whole game in sports.

#7 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:35 AM

Phillip Rivers of the SD Chargers in the NFL made 3m $$ a year benchwarming.....

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#8 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:01 AM

Yeah, but that's not what she was asking.
Aequitas In-Game

#9 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:33 AM

i know, i noticed that after i actually read the Q rofl, w/e just a fun fact, to teach u can sit around and make good $$

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#10 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:54 AM

Most of the time, the worst ones on the team are the hardest working anyway.

anyone ever seen the movie "Rudy"? perfect example of that. someone who is not exactly the most gifted athlete on the team, but still goes hard in practice and makes everyone else better by doing it.
Page me on Heritage

#11 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:20 PM

If your not good enough you don't deserve to be on the Team...You wouldn't expect a retard to be entered for a maths contest for a school, so why would the kids who are bad at sport be entered for sport. :\
Si Senior!

#12 Fire Fly

Fire Fly
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:20 PM

If your not good enough you don't deserve to be on the Team...You wouldn't expect a retard to be entered for a maths contest for a school, so why would the kids who are bad at sport be entered for sport. :\

/rofl ;)

Edited by Fire Fly, 11 April 2006 - 05:21 PM.

The liver is evil and it must be punished

#13 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:33 PM

Its true though, why make your team worse just not to hurt some fat kids feelings, you wouldn't make an academic team worse because of someones feelings.
Si Senior!

#14 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

The best players play. If your not good at it pack up and find some thing else or be comtempt with sitting the bench. ;)

#15 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:11 PM

If a kid wants to go to practice with a team, why not? He won't drag 'em down really... in fact it'll do him good to struggle to keep up.

When I first started on the track team at my school, I was pretty terrible. I couldn't break a 7 minute mile.

Besides... you never know how much someone will improve in a short period of time.

I started out pretty bad, but I wasn't bad enough to get Cut (well, we don't have enough people for track to be able to afford to cut).
About halfway through the season i was placing anywhere between second and 4th in any given sprint, and in the top 6 in the mile.

If someone wants to try, why not give them the chance? If you don't think they're good enough to play with the rest of the team, just have them sit out a lot. Only put them in if you're far enough ahead to be able to afford it.

Eh. And even if its competative enough that you have to cut them, say something encouraging. Tell them to train harder or something for next year.

What the what?

#16 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

I'm talking about limited team sports and such, I'm not saying stop them from training just stop them from playing in a competitive match.
Si Senior!

#17 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:36 AM

Oh, I know. I agree completely.

But, the thing that people need to keep in mind is... its kinda just a game. >_>

What the what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users