A Few New Addions For Your Profile

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:49 PM

I been thinking and I see many people put in how many moshes they won and triple x moshes too. I was wondering if a you space was put into peoples profile to keep track of how many moshes they won, so that more space is aviable to type in more importent things.

For example:

Name:
Class:
Clan:
E-Mail:
Comment:
AIM Name:
MSN Name:
Kos List:
Monsters Killed:
Players Killed:
Deaths by Players:
Moshes Won: <<<
Triple X mosh/ Special evancents <<<
Total Game Time:
Character Score:
Overall Ranking:
Class Ranking:
Logged on:
Last Logon:
Staff Comment:
Online characters: Wisdom

#2 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

good idea..wouldnt be to hard for jlh to make a program to put mosh wins into the winner of a moshes profile at the end of it....and he would have to make a command for staff members to be able to put triplex wins into triplex's winner's profiles.

#3 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:47 AM

That would make it a bit to long i guess, also Logged on and Last logon is almost the same, i never got that why put in two of the same.

I think it all should be more based on things ingame...like aim name or msn name, im a dwarf thief...wtf would i have a msn name for. As far as NM should go there shouldn't exist a world outside it.

Also some statistics can be easily placed next to eachother, like class and overall score. Pk's and player deaths...
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#4 Karri

Karri
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:31 PM

Isn't "Logged on" only displayed when the player is actually logged on??? Of course, it's been a while, so I might be mistaken. :P

#5 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:14 AM

No, you're right.

#6 Xien Pk

Xien Pk
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:21 AM

I think that the sysops should spend their time on things like making the game better, rather than giving people proff of braging rites..
Wew7zorxx

#7 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:41 AM

It's an interesting idea but it would probably affect the prices of selling crits.
I'd say this one is up to the players really.

#8 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 10:48 AM

Why would it effect prices? I wouldn't pay extra for a crit with more mosh wins that I -haven't- won.

Plus how would staff make the game better...Most can't code. They spend their time doing tournement and making new areas. So they already do the best they can to improve the game.
Si Senior!

#9 Crater

Crater
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 09:04 PM

Why would it effect prices? I wouldn't pay extra for a crit with more mosh wins that I -haven't- won.

Plus how would staff make the game better...Most can't code. They spend their time doing tournement and making new areas. So they already do the best they can to improve the game.

/me sniggers

#10 Vër§íðñ 1.0

Vër§íðñ 1.0
  • Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:38 AM

Supported
I only log on to check memos, and rare chat. See you all on the other side.

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 02:58 AM

I'm with Oracle on this one.. Some people will buy characters with a higher 'score' and use them as tools to gloat with.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:24 AM

maybe it could be erased when it leaves the account?

#13 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

Uh, I'm one of the few who has suggested the mosh and special events count.. because people put them in their profiles anyways. I of course still support it. I do agree that if the crit were to be sold, once the crit left the original/current owners acct that it'd be deleted. There's no reason to change the Logging on thing, it's fine the way it is.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#14 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:03 PM

What if you just move the character to another account of your own?

People rarely read the full update information and I can bet anything people would cry and whine when they lose their oh so great mosh wins.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#15 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:25 PM

duh that's easy :P you make it go by account. so it doesn't matter what crit you won a mosh with as long as it's in your account it will count. so on all crits your mosh wins and stuff will be the same because it goes by account. so if you sell a crit it won't affect anything and the crit's new details will be based on the new owners account info.

i would sovle it that way eventho this is a useless suggestion :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#16 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:42 PM

Perhaps even to stop people moaning you could have some sort of thing whereby you can move the mosh wins to another account :P
Si Senior!

#17 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:03 PM

Yeah cause it makes sense to be able to 'move' mosh wins. People would end up selling them...

I still don't support this. What's so wrong with putting it in your profile?

#18 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:04 AM

Nothing is wrong with putting it in the profile. I just thought that it would clean someone's profile up. Giving people more room to put more important stuff in.

#19 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:12 PM

Since when has anyone put something actually important in their profile?

And surely if there's something important, you'd jsut put it in place the the mosh wins? But I guess half of NM are the sort to grant themselves gloating rights about minor things.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#20 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 05:46 PM

Well it was a thought I had, I don't really care for the profile anyway.

Most of it is pointless. Only thing your profile needs is:

Class:
Clan:
Players Killed:
Deaths by Players:
Character Score:
Overall Ranking:
Last Logon:
Staff Comment:

That's basically it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic