Photo

Ceramic Javelin

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Ceramic Javelin Base damage be 25.

Should Ceramic Javelin Base damage be 25.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:43 PM

Library info for Ceramic Javelin:
Base damage: 24, Can be used by: druids, paladins, Description: The construction of this primitive-looking hunters' weapon is not widely understood. The main shaft of the javelin is made out of common hardwood, but the sharpened tip is a ceramic compound with superconducting properties. Severely disrupting the magnetic and electric fields around it and building a charge every time it is moved through the air, the tip gives its target an incredibly powerful electric shock as well as being able to pierce most armours, and it saps magical energy from its victim to recharge its sting for the next strike., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: ghost:0.9|spirit:0.9, Mana leech: 0.1.

Feel free to leave your reasoning behind your vote. Personally I am voting yes I think it needs another damage base for a Paladin to compare with a Blade of Time or Rose Blade even, and I think it would compensate a little better for the lower Mana leech.
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#2 Regan

Regan
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:51 PM

I agree with you. Makes sence for it to have that extra base damage...
Painless Ingame

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:54 PM

I originally did design it to be base 25, but Stotic told me to drop it to base 24, saying it would lower the value of the Cobalt Staff of the Winds. While I did not quite understand his reason, I obeyed him.

Personally, I am not too worried if it is upped to 25 or stuck at 24, although I do prefer it at base 25... same damage as the Rose Blade.

This is a tricky weapon to get, so the more valuable it is, the better!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:04 PM

only reason i could think of it dropping cost of cobalts is because when it comes to using druids its either, cobalt or hawk talon, so when they make a better version of hawk talon (mana leech+3 more base) the demand for using cobalts in events or even in the field lowers, and might make the value off of them from maybe 9-9.2m when being traded to maybe 8.5-8.7 because a lot of people will be selling them when they have a better weapon for their druid (effect might not be so fast to happen cuz little ceramic javelins ingame but sooner or later there will be more)

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#5 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:25 PM

Not really..people would still use hawk talon over ceramic javelin in certain fights. Talon has more of a mana leech, so more useful against druids/mages/clerics/paladins. Javelin is better against zerkers I guess, cobalt is just better period. Even if javelin was raised to 27 base damage, it wouldn't effect the value of a cobalt in my mind. The fact that javelin is NOT vamparic keeps it from devaluing the cobalt.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#6 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:41 PM

keep in mind .. got to get javelin first :(
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#7 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

Which means breaking through the impenatrable force that is Joe.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#8 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:13 AM

don't know really... could say have 1 more base for pallys but on the other hand it's already 2 base better than top druid wepon, but then again gives pallys a mana leech while reducing druids mana leech, comparing it to cobalt isn't really fair either .. like pointed out above it's no vamparic and it's not bought in a shop (cobalts is 10 million ain't no 2 ways about it, how does shop item devalue anyways but w/e) and then theres the addition of the javelins custom message nothing to do with this topic really but it's shiny and gives a uniquness to anyone using it... i mean come on it's something u don't miss easily, all that bright yellow :(

#9 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:31 AM

:(

Supported

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 12:43 AM

Some good points being raised here by the players... need more of these if I ever hope to warrant a change to the Ceramic Javelin.

P.S. It's only after thinking about it now that I've noticed that 0.1 Mana Leech hardly compares to 0.3 Mana Leech; start at 300 MP and hit 3 times...

0.1 Mana Leech... 300, 270, 243
0.3 Mana Leech... 300, 210, 147

Already there is almost a 100 MP difference. Hmmm... I did once think to put the Javelin's Mana Leech at 0.15, but was advised to lower it.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#11 VampireDeviantReturns

VampireDeviantReturns
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:02 AM

Supported , While I dont have a crit that can use it it seems to me that it should be up to par with Rose Blade

#12 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:07 AM

Due to how lacking the 0.1 mana leech is, I think that the increase to 25 base damage is excatly what the Ceramic Javelin needs. It would be juuuust right with that. Shiny messages and all! :(

#13 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:49 AM

druids it was fine as is but now it would be better for pallies supported
Page/Memo Beatrix

#14 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:46 AM

better to raise base damage or raise mana leech you think ? .. is kind new for a pally or anything besides druid to mana leech

#15 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

better to raise base damage or raise mana leech you think ? .. is kind new for a pally or anything besides druid to mana leech

Yeah base damage would be best, Pallies are gonna outlast a mage or a druid anyways in mana with the current mana leech it has. Would be perfect base damage though if it was 25 to equal at least the Rose Blade. It is a cool weapon like it is, but would be perfect for what it was intended as with this improvement.

#16 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

to much mana leech on pally would make them over powered 1v1
Page/Memo Beatrix

#17 Gunshow

Gunshow
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:01 PM

That's what he was trying to say I think. :(

#18 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

to much mana leech on pally would make them over powered 1v1

but 0.3 on druid is not to overpowered? druids hit harder and more ofter than pally plus druids have there extra armor spelling can camo or morph.. pallys are already the *lowly* class don't go calling them overpowered EVER lol

#19 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

-shrug-

Druids old base was 22. I've never had problems with my druids using that.
Paladins have a weapon with base 30 and a char mod. They should be pretty damn skippy.

The mana leech is a huge bonus for pallys in fights; the base damage is a huge bonus to druids in general.
I would think the modifications would have been taken quite well as they were for druids at the least. Pallys don't deal much damage with any weapons, tbh.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#20 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:33 PM

love the changes .. er 1.5 mana leech is mistake tho? :(

#21 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:57 PM

All fixed now... no more 1.5 Mana Leech! The Ceramic Javelin is now base 25 with 0.15 Mana Leech. Test it out to see if it is overpowering or not!

Of course, if you require mana leeching power, then nothing beats the Hawk Talon or Vampire Fangs. The way it works now from 300 with 3 hits...

0.15:- 300 255 217
0.3:- 300 210 147

Still a 70 MP difference, but worthwhile if you ask me, and still gives the Hawk Talon that edge.

As it stands now...

Library info for Ceramic Javelin:
Base damage:
25, Can be used by: druids, paladins, Description: The construction of this primitive-looking hunters' weapon is not widely understood. The main shaft of the javelin is made out of common hardwood, but the sharpened tip is a ceramic compound with superconducting properties. Severely disrupting the magnetic and electric fields around it and building a charge every time it is moved through the air, the tip gives its target an incredibly powerful electric shock as well as being able to pierce most armours, and it saps magical energy from its victim to recharge its sting for the next strike., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: ghost:0.9|spirit:0.9, Mana leech: 0.15.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#22 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:18 AM

:ph34r: :(
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom