• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:47 AM

Yeah okay mages will get better to train, more stam and 3-5 more damage every level.

Thankfully PVP, magic defense is based on wisdom and level, so mages beam will stay at a constant damage, while it increasing PVM to let them train better, great eh?

Attackers strength will also continue to increase though, very much so.

I'm sure armor will increase, to keep their hit strength PVP normal too, before fighters round AOP mages. Hope this isn't noticable within the first few levels of 31+ which a select few are already ready for.

Thieves and berserkers, they seem like they'll be ouchy with their armorless attacks.

First, thieves. 8stam? Hmm, well lets check out some things.
5 stam; normal damage 220-270 PVP
so 8stam; normal damage would be around 352-432, without the damage increase even, so lets say, for 8stam..wow if they gain only +1 damage on regular attacks, that's 8 damage per assy, +80 damage, 432-512, well, I'm sure 8stam can do less, lets take away 30 points for the hell of it, 402-482, all the damage I took away and the minimum still almost clicks full con mages if it hits.

300 hp makes 487ish at lvl 40, 330 hp makes 536, 375 makes 609, 493 makes 801, and 530 makes 861.

Those are great hps at lvl 40, and with much more varience in hp gains, they can be alot worse than that.

I'd say a normal thief assassinate at lvl 40 will reveal 460 damage on most crits, but wait! Lets give him a lvl 40 cleric enhance, probably +8 str, but lets go with 7, 25 str ling, that might make it what, +10 damage on attack? k so +80 str, 520 on average, that clicks anything that isn't a dwarf or a zerk.

And this is their strength against other level 40, what would they do to poor lvl 35-39s losing hundreds of mil of exp every death.

PVM their damage is pretty low, seeing as armor doesn't usually come into play much, it's a useless ability and makes them only good for PVP. PVM, might as well use a ranger of zerk, same or more stam, zerks damage increase will probably be so high they're average hit will go from 80 to 130 without any spells on, rangers will probably go from 60 to 90 without spells, obviously much better choices, although higher armor would keep them from getting abunch of 100+ hits with 8+ stam, assassy and smite won't be much effected

Now zerkers.

Uhh, k 9stam and can hit for 100+ with an hanced attack, oh wait damage increase lets say 30 an attack extra, 130 now, (maximum reg attacks) okay that's uhh... 1170 maximum smite with hance at lvl 40, minimum probably being about 600, hanced minimum, smites everything but zerks? Only with hance, a zerk will pretty much click everyone. I'd wanna see a zerk enhanced/RF and round gaint pede :>

Of course I may be wrong about this whole post, it's just what I expect to happen with the current system.

Can't really lower thieves strength to make them hitt for less (sure as hell can for zerks), so I don't see what can be done about them, but maybe they'll be the new mage, most difficult to train but most powerful PVP, or you can leave their armor the same so they get rounded as easy as they round.

#2 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:11 AM

Your forgetting that although mages attack will stay areound the same per hit, they will be hitting 2 or 3 times more with extra stam.

Thus mage can hit a thief for an extra 150 or allot more depending on the wiz of the thief... so really its exactly the same...

that and theifs are awefull to train at 1alt
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, 9 stam zerker gotta be mental really lol

someone buy me one
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

This is of course assuming the thief hits with all stamina, a thief can hit with 2/5 or none of the stamina at all. What are the odds a mage's entire round will be fizzled/resisted?

#5 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

the same as the odds i can beam a half-orc fighter for 35 points of damage...meh

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#6 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:44 PM

I know but its taking the 1st step towards bashing
Freek ingame.

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:45 AM

I'm not bashing mages, they'll be weaker, they're damage will be nothing compared to attackers.

60*7=420, can only round other mages, and that takes a perfect round, more stam means more chances to fizzle/resist aswell, all most classes had 5stam just like the mage, but they also have 1 more stam, and will regain 1 more, thieves, rangers, and zerks get 6stam and 4stam regain, a very nice increase in damage, at just lvl 31. Although the requirements I've heard of do seem a bit extreme for how many arches are ingame and are willing to work together.

Mages will still be pretty strong, but in the end won't be so sought after as other classes I beleive.

Maybe just make Devastate a very hard to get lvl 35 spell, it is only 75 damage on the same level with decent wis. 525 max, able to round normal classes if they don't resist once, although a single half resist would still kill most stuff

Edited by Ryuku, 16 May 2007 - 04:57 AM.

#8 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

put devastate in game at level 35 on 1a?

i like it
Disaster ingame.

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:47 AM

I would like to point out that this is ALL based entirely on assumptions.
Why not at least let the game progress to where anyone's gotten over a tenth of the exp needed to get to those levels?

Has anyone thought about how much exp you'll be losing per death at level 33?
It will not be easy to get much higher, especially if players do more than train, IE- trips to bosses will be quite deadly on 1-alt.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users