Spell: Devastate

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bowlin

Bowlin
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:41 AM

I do realize the price of the Scroll of Devastate (5000000000). And I don't own a mage. But I had an idea for Devastate if it actually became purchased. I would think that the person would have the casting power of a Staff member maybe. And that if they cast it on themselves, it would destroy everyone on the square.

But in order to cast it, you would have to have full HP, full Stamina, and full Mana. When cast, the spell would drain all your mana and stamina, and reduce your hp to 1.
Hence it's description: Some of the greatest conjurers have destroyed themselves in an attempt at casting this extremely powerful spell known only to the highest order of magi. The advanced spell devastate channels the raw power of the caster's deity enabling him to exert an unbelievable blast of tremendous energy upon his foe.

With this in play, it could possibly cause an extreme unbalance in the game, even if only one person owned it. I quote again from what I said before, 'the person would have the casting power of a Staff member'. It would have to be in the hands of a very well trusted player if this were to be brought into the game.

It's just an idea I had in case someone actually managed to buy it.
I'm not the one who's confused, boy. You don't even know who you are! -Rafiki

Ingame: Bowlin_Iii

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:54 AM

...so many responses to choose from...so little give-a-damn.

Edited by Gaddy, 22 March 2005 - 04:54 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

They should bring the area back, and i think Squee's petition had enough votes but staff are just too lazy.
Stadic Ingame...

#4 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

i think it should be a laser gun that zaps people into ash!
Evil report carries further than any applause

#5 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:37 PM

i think it should be a laser gun that zaps people into ash!

supported
Page/Memo Beatrix

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:03 AM

Doesn't Blade of Frank already do that?

#7 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:55 AM

Didnt Old_fart have Devestate? And didnt he like, Kills everyone with it? Even one person having it would turn to the dark side and destroy everyone!!!! You cant trust anyone! NOONE!!!! Not even Aidon. Cuz he banned me for saying "shiz" yet people can talk about how they have 3sums and how they like it up the anus. I GET BANNED FOR SAYING SHIZ?! Nothing but Curruption in this game...
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#8 El DaN

El DaN
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:07 AM

Didnt Old_fart have Devestate?

It was actually Milagros(John i think) who had it and i heard he got perm banned b/c he wanted 2 sell nm thnigs for real cash.

#9 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:09 AM

I remember Old_Fart had it... I swear he had it.... I dont remember any name like Milagros...
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#10 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:52 AM

Didnt Old_fart have Devestate?

It was actually Milagros(John i think) who had it and i heard he got perm banned b/c he wanted 2 sell nm thnigs for real cash.

he is right, it was over a year ago, anything since then don't ask me but milagros had the spell originally, and if I recall I don't think he found it all that amazing.

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#11 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:25 AM

Wasn't Old_Fart and Milagros the same crit? I thought John just name changed it.

I think in NM today the spell as it was then wouldn`t seem so overpowered. Can we get a member of staff with Godly powers to try it out? I remember the max he ever got me for was 74. That was against Bliz, a crappy human fighter.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#12 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:25 AM

I remember him doing around 90s on my low lvl fighter which had about 9 or so wis. (long time ago, before I discovered alts, or atleast before I used them, 2 years ago?)

#13 Bowlin

Bowlin
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:42 PM

I remember when Pandilex put the Scroll of Devastate for sale to the highest bidder in the Old Forum and it got up to the 10mils and all, but I can't remember who got it. It probably was Old_Fart who got it. But back then, there wasn't as much money in the game as there is now. Since Old_Fart got it for a little over 10mil, it probably wasn't as powerful. I'm not trying to say that the more you pay the more you get but I'm saying that if Pandilex put the thing up for 5000000000, then maybe he did something really special to it (like giving it power a Staff Member would have).
I'm not the one who's confused, boy. You don't even know who you are! -Rafiki

Ingame: Bowlin_Iii

#14 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:21 PM

Why would Staff give out something with that kind of power? Doesnt make sense. Well, it might make sense, seeing as their all corrupted. *shrugs* But Old_Fart had it, I swear by all that is unholy! If i didnt reinstall windows on this comp i could have showed you a log of him rounding me when i was on Jango. I hated Devestate....

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:32 PM

The high price was part of the joke... no-one could ever afford to buy it. However, Pandilex put it in the shop to prove the item still existed. At least that is what I believe.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#16 El DaN

El DaN
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:54 AM

i do remember that b4 milagros the crit who had it had a different name but i 4got the name prolly was old_fart as u guys sayin

#17 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:13 AM

YEs Old_Fart had the spell devestate, ANy wanna know how he got it. From what i was told Pandilex and Old_fart had a discussion on who could pick up the fastest. and pandy dropped the scroll and old_fart picked it up before pandilex got it.

Thats what i was told. ^_^

#18 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:51 AM

I thought Will picked it up.
Stadic Ingame...

#19 <3!

<3!
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

old_fart and Milagros were the same person. He had Devastate and is the only person to have had it.
"Posting has just become a battle of superior priveleges." ~ <3!

#20 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:17 PM

Im sure will picked it up and sold it to him for 50k or something.
Stadic Ingame...

#21 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 03:30 PM

John didn't think it was weak, he loved it, and pwned 1 man War style.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#22 Ichi2

Ichi2
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

John didn't think it was weak, he loved it, and pwned 1 man War style.

/nod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users