A New Ac Ring

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 §òürÇrëàm

§òürÇrëàm
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:07 PM

Since we have Gold rings(1ac) Crystal rings(3ac) and Ring of Astray(4ac)
Was wondering if we couldhave a 2ac ring.

Name Called, Emerald Ring (2ac) lvl 15 - 18+ to use( All classes but berserkers can use them) Dropped By the Dark gnome(1/6) chance drop, since the dark gnome doesnt really have a drop.

Emerald Ring:
Base armor:2 Can be used by: Clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, pacifists, rangers, thieves. Basic Description: The Emerald Ring is a ring of Emerald, forged from the Dark Gnome. The magical properties of the emerald are transferred to the weilder in the form of a shield, then helps intermediate warriors ward off blows., Level needed to equip it: 15-18+, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

this will proly be shot down but .

Just a thought.

Edited by §òürÇrëàm, 26 October 2004 - 07:09 PM.

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:17 PM

Nothing like a positive attitude to get the posters engaged!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 §òürÇrëàm

§òürÇrëàm
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:19 PM

lol yeah yeah heh, i just thought the darkgnome should drop something. and why not this lol;p

#4 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:44 PM

Since we have Gold rings(1ac) Crystal rings(3ac) and Ring of Astray(4ac)
Was wondering if we couldhave a 2ac ring.

Name Called, Emerald Ring (2ac) lvl 15 - 18+ to use( All classes but berserkers can use them) Dropped By the Dark gnome(1/6) chance drop, since the dark gnome doesnt really have a drop.

Emerald Ring:
Base armor:2 Can be used by: Clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, pacifists, rangers, thieves. Basic Description: The Emerald Ring is a ring of Emerald, forged from the Dark Gnome. The magical properties of the emerald are transferred to the weilder in the form of a shield, then helps intermediate warriors ward off blows., Level needed to equip it: 15-18+, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Just a thought.

Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The Emerald Ring is a band of gold, encrusted with a large green emerald., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0.

already is one mate

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 26 October 2004 - 07:45 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#5 §òürÇrëàm

§òürÇrëàm
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:30 PM

/slap sourcream. sorry didnt see that rofl

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:55 AM

Where do you find this ring?

#7 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:58 AM

its a rare

id imangine the people who get rich buy being given there rares jen/jess has it but ryan may have it
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:08 AM

Moon has the only one in game. (that's to my knowledge of course)
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 El DaN

El DaN
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:00 AM

mayb a name such as sapphire ring or ring of protection

#10 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:38 AM

yeah the idea is good make it a drop on some low level boss or even buyable in shop for like 125k or something. the idea is good just needs a decent name :P
Even in death my hate will go on

#11 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:21 AM

mayb a name such as sapphire ring or ring of protection

Theres the same problem as the Emerald Ring... they exist already ^^

Library info for Sapphire Ring:
Armor base: 100, Can be worn by: staff only, Description: A wonderfully crafted ring, that scintillates with a thousand shades of blue., Level needed to equip it: 100, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1000, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0

Library info for Ring of Protection:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Ring of Protection:This ring is made out of a rough, granite like material. It is very hard and extremely coarse to the touch. The ring is very heavy and a dull gray color. There is a strange aura radiating from the ring, that fills you with courage when placed upon your finger. There is a symbol of a large shield decorated with a rose, engraved into the ring. It appears to be a ring of The Order of the Rose Knighthood, that once ruled the great land of Istilan, that was known for its powerful, noble warriors., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0

The Ring of Protection has a cool description... I want a Ring of Protection :P

Edited by Charon, 29 October 2004 - 08:24 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#12 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 08:39 AM

just make it a stone ring or something

#13 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 01:14 PM

Wait, why is this a good idea? Making rings commonly available to newer characters doesn't sit right with me.

Rings are special items; they are few and far between. Even the Gold Ring costs a fair bit of money.

To make a ring with +1 AC compared to the Gold Ring available by simply killing a boss, the item would just be farmed (as well as possible; thank you, JLH for making hourly monsters spawn randomly) and the Gold Ring would be useless.

They'd be like Centipede Gloves only they're rings!
Posted Image

#14 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 01:48 PM

id imangine the people who get rich buy being given there rares jen/jess has it but ryan may have it

I sold it to moon a while ago. (at least I think it was moon)

#15 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:05 PM

/t squee how many ppl use gold rings? i'm not sure but i don't think it's alot of ppl. gold rings are pretty much useless allready.

#16 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:23 PM

For a mage with AoP, +1 AC can make an exponential difference.
Posted Image

#17 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:25 PM

that's why ppl use cr's and roas on mages?

#18 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

Then up the AC of the Gold Ring to 2 to match its price.

Edit: Err...then also increase the price to match its new armour. ^^;

Edited by Squee, 29 October 2004 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#19 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 03:12 PM

if it's 2 ac i would say it should be 150k or 125k not 100k :P

#20 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:00 PM

Who would spend 100k on 2ac? I'd just save up till 3 or 4ac. It would be better.

#21 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

i think gold ring is 100k right?

edit:
sorry 75k

for 1 ac then 2 ac would be 150k and 3 ac would be 225k :P

so really the roa is over priced ^_^

Edited by jurian, 29 October 2004 - 05:35 PM.

#22 §òürÇrëàm

§òürÇrëàm
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:18 PM

The name of the ring can vary i was thinking of calling the ring : Ring of Battle

or something. im open to ideas on the names.

And the boss doesnt have to be the Dark Gnome, Maybe a new boss can be made,

The Ring Guardian his hp is 5000-8000 1/6 chance drops Spawns once a day Randomly. 2 stam Uses a Morningstar (Alternative Drop 1/4chance drops) drops 400 - 800 gold.

He can be found in either Orc caves, or South of resthaven.(location can and is totally up to staff )
I.E.
The Ring Guardian attacked you with his Morningstar for 60 points of damage!
The Ring Guardian attacked you with his Morningstar for 55 points of damage!

You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 80 points of damage!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 75 points of damage!
You Berserked at The Ring Guardian but missed!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 95 points of damage!

The Ring Guardian attacked you with his Morningstar for 75 points of damage!
The Ring Guardian attacked you with his Morningstar for 75 points of damage!

You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 100 points of damage!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 90 points of damage!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 105 points of damage!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 99 points of damage!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 85 points of damage!
You berserked at The Ring Guardian with your rose blade for 109 points of damage! Killing it! The Ring Guardian 700 gold!

The Ring Guardian Dropped a Ring of Battle

You Got a Ring of Battle

Just My thought

Edited by §òürÇrëàm, 29 October 2004 - 10:37 PM.

#23 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, I think every ring should have a boss drop, one harder than the next, make blue dragon drop RoA, maybe give Elishra a chance to drop Gold Rings, and give Malok a chance to drop Emerald Ring (goes with emerald dagger). Just an idea off the top of my head.

#24 El DaN

El DaN
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:37 AM

u cant just make malok drop the emerald ring b/c the emerald ring is a unique one and if som1 else dropped it its price wud go down and it wouldnt be fair at all for the person who bought it

Edited by El DaN, 02 November 2004 - 01:38 AM.

#25 Hoick

Hoick
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:37 AM

pfft, elshira cant drop gold rings, shes horrible and ugly ^.^ and she barely ever drops her other crappy drop. :P
Main: Hoick
1a: Constellation

#26 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:12 AM

It's been a while since Elshira and I have had a run-in but from what I remember, isn't she supposed to be seen as an elegant and beautiful woman?
Posted Image

#27 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:22 AM

only if your a spider squee :P i think there should be a 1 ac ring in shops tho and the others could be dropped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users