C&c

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:48 PM

I wanted to know some things, I know people played D2, Cs, halo, and other games. But I wonder does anyone in the nightmist community played any of the Command & Conquer games? it can be from the very first C&C game or to the latest. i Just wanted to know, and what were your strategies to gain a victory??

for those who never heard of it go to these sites and find out.

http://www.cncden.com/
http://westwood.ea.c...mes/ccuniverse/
The Greater the Difficulty, the More the Glory in Surmounting it. -Epicurus

#2 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:11 PM

yeh ive played atleast the first one and tiberian sun, good games.

Its been so long since ive played, so i cant remember any strategies and i doubt i even had any :P

#3 Zophar

Zophar
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:48 PM

I recently acquired a C&C game pack that came with Tiberian Sun and the Firestorm expansion, C&C REd Alert and Yuri's Revenge expansion, and C&C Renegade(this owns).

I also Have C&C Generals and Zero Mission expansion.

For stratics against cpu's, build superweapon, and blow them up :P

Edited by Zophar, 27 October 2004 - 04:48 PM.

#4 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:58 PM

I've owned/completed:
C&C: Original
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Tiberian Sun
C&C: Renegades
C&C: Red Alert 2

and have played the demo of C&C generals.. which I didn't think was as good, and decided not to bother buying it.

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

Command and Conquer: Generals is very different from the other Command and Conquer titles... in fact, it is more like StarCraft than Command and Conquer in terms of gameplay.

Command and Conquer: Renegade is quite an interesting First Person Shooter set in the Command and Conquer world, and I quite enjoy it, except when I get run over by a Stealth Tank!

My favourite has to be Yuri's Revenge though (the expansion to Red Alert 2) - single-player offers some interesting scenarios and multiplayer is great... my friend learnt a valuable lesson - when playing Unholy Alliance, NEVER build all three of your major superweapons next to an Oil Derrick - a well-aimed Weather Storm destroyed the lot!

The single-player of Tiberian Sun I find too repetitive for my liking, and Nod have far too much of an advantage (although they have balanced it out a bit now). I've never had the privilege of playing the original Command and Conquer or the original Red Alert.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#6 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:39 PM

Haha I remember the first C&C lol I was like 12 or something when it came out. Played it a lot. Also all the other titles as well.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#7 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 02:18 AM

the original command & conquer, and indeed the high res version c&c95 is probs my favorite RTS, however it only runs network games on windows 98 and below, which is a great annoyance, and even then it wasn't always reliable.
red alert was also good, but again, newer machines will not network it.
red alert 2 is good but not as good as c&c95, but works on current computers well.
i have completed c&c and red alert (also with the counterstrike and aftermath addons).
i have tibsun with the firestorm addon, however i didn't think that much to it tbh.
my fav rts (due to c&c95 not working these days) is probs total annihilation (also old but still good) and starcraft (completed that and the broodwars addon).
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#8 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:33 PM

yeah i own all the c&c games on all platforms. even the ps and n64. i started playing c&c when i was 11 and found that this is my game to my choosing. yeah i know the generals is like starcraft but if you think about it, about 90% of the weapons on there is used today.

But i really want the c&c generals game that is based on the tiberian dawn or C&C 95. so me and my friends are creating skins for the vehicles changing them around a bit and adding some new items that is used in later on in c&c.

yuri's revenge was my favorite because of the campaign. generals is the overall on the graphics and the controls. tiberian sun/firestorm is great for the future of nod and gdi. and the first one was the best with the nod and gdi sides with different types of technology. and i remember when westwood was the owners of it and not EA.

renegade was the first first-person shoot in the c&c world and is great for an network. but they needed more vehicles and people. they created renegade 2 before renegade was shut down but they didn't have time to put it in-game so they made a download file to where you would have to put it in-game yourself.

my strategies was always get atleast 4 harvesters to get cash, have enough power and set up base defense perimeters, then space out some of the buildings and build up my army and save my superweapons for last or while i'm building my army so by the time my army is ready i will send an full strike attack and about halfway there i will fire the superweapon to my enemy. go in with the full strike teams and overrun the base.

#9 dec

dec
  • Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:05 PM

i played C&C red alert, i own tiberian sun and the firestorm expansion, completed most of it i think mainly played over the internet though. thought the C&C range very good imo
Roses are red
Violets are blue
In Soviet Russia
Poem write you!

Belzabar in-game

#10 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:07 PM

I own and have completed all the C&C strategy set, and renegade (which is an FPS if people didnt know). Never bought Sole Survivor coz it looked naff.
The best of the set for gameplay has to be Tiberian Dawn (the original), perfectly balanced sides and some quality units made it imo the best strategy game ever made.

I used to play C&C and red alert over the internet, and was on the Westwood C&C 95 ladder for quite a while (best placing of 4th :P). The best tactics i found were to go nod, and to either buggy rush or recon bike rush, however when i was playing friends i would build up a base coz its more fun to have armies of mammoths.

You can still get C&C 95 working on the NT system (XP,2k) as there is a patch to make it work but you can't play multiplayer. There is also a Generals total conversian being made in the Tiberian Dawn world (called The First Tiberian War if anyone cares), its looking pretty good so cant wait to get back playing that this time against AI players if not real humans.

If anyone finds a way to get C&C 95 working on XP over the internet gimme a shout and ill play ya ^_^

#11 sayadin

sayadin
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:27 PM

and those who like generals and halo then they should try out a total conversions of generals..

http://www.derelictstudios.net/halo/

#12 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:43 PM

C&C 95 was my first computer game, i'll always love it. I own all C&C games, although I don't like Generals or Tib Sun. Tib Sun is too starcrafty which i don't like, and Generals doesnt have that same C&C feel (plot, actual moves etc). tbh, i'm not sure if C&C will have the same westwood feel with EA Games making it.

But yeah, if you havent tried Total Annihilation go check it out, pretty fun.

Edited by Matt, 02 November 2004 - 03:48 PM.

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users