Sdg

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Uninsane

Uninsane
  • Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

All i am saying is that i never see anyone in sdg anymore, maybe we could get a few suggestions, to revamp it and maybe more people would go in there, because what is the point of there being an area were no one uses anymore. Like the Orc Caves, (i used to go training in there as a lil noob *stil am*) but there is no point going in to the area if there is no appeal to go in, maybe new npcs, maybe we could change the layout just something that would make people wanna go in there more often. >.<
Ingame: Uninsane

#2 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

Restore Orc Exp! as for SDG you got the appeal of the uber descriptions n' stuff.

#3 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

Hell, please no. It's been around forever, and changing something that works so well as a solo area (the only one, might I add) would be wrong.

Plus I'd cry and throw a hissy. No one wants to really see that!
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#4 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

remove the level cap, and restore npc gold exp. things will get exciting again.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#5 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:14 AM

Leave it as it is. If no one is there then train something in peace. This is one of the oldest and well thought out areas in Nightmist. To change it would be dumb.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:15 AM

I'd like to see powertraining thieves again---it would make for more excitement, but as far as the SDG area goes---I would hate to see any of it changed.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 AntiChrist

AntiChrist
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:18 AM

I'd like to see powertraining thieves again---it would make for more excitement, but as far as the SDG area goes---I would hate to see any of it changed.

Gaddy is right. teh SGD area should stay as it is. if anything add another thief guild in another city.

#8 Uninsane

Uninsane
  • Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:59 AM

Maybe a thiefs guild that can have, areas say for like 21-24 24-28
lvl cap could be lvl 28 because tbh if u cud get arch thiefs in there it would get abused some how some way.
Ingame: Uninsane

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:27 PM

I am against any changes to the Scarlet Daggers Guild; I would hate to see high-level crits storming the area to get a low-level drop like the Scarlet Dagger. For a high-level Druid or Mage (with Stormwrath/Morph and Beam), there is a good change they will round Rel-Thon.

I know a few people who go there sometimes, to train or to have a shot at Rel-thon's chest and some of the other numerous secrets lurking about within its dark corridors; I'm one of them!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

I have in the past and still use thieves a majority of the time, Malok's area is a fine area for thieves after you cannot go into SDG anymore,Thieves already have a couple areas what about forgettin about thieves and making areas for crits that dont have thier own area atm instead to keep it exiting?

Edited by Gnarkill, 30 May 2006 - 06:45 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#11 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:25 AM

there really isn't a thieves area guys, or are there thieves in NM, just assassins who have sticky fingers when it's amusing. sdg as it was years ago, was an unintentional masterpiece that brought out just what you would expect from a den of thieves. robbery, deception, murder, feuds, thin alliances, and complex motivations.

i really think it is best to return sdg to it's former glory as the most dangerous and rewarding area in NM. no other place in the game could offer the allure of power, the thrill of a real hunt, and the most dangerous game of hide and seek available. for those people who didn't get a chance to enjoy it as it was, you missed out.

#12 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:38 AM

I was probably a little harsh when I said I was against any changes... just that I do not support increasing the level limit. I am open to suggestions, EvilDognapot.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#13 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:10 AM

i was against changes four years ago? or however long it's been, but most of the community only saw a handfull of thieves gaining levels quickly, and cried foul. they never noticed the handfull of thieves forming alliances, regulating traffic, and keeping the peace as thier interests suit them. they only saw, "woah 28 lvls in like no time!", but not the working to create safe conditions to train that way, and somehow convincing thieves not to rob you. that's not easy.

it really just needs to be unregulated by game features. it's rewards were great enough that players would try and keep things peaceful, often leading low lvl parties through the traps to rel-thon, and discouraging disruptive players from entering purely for the sake of causing trouble. with a lvl 20 cap, it's too difficult for players to gain control over the area, and the area would just be kind of chaotic. with 28+ crits, unruly players can be more effectively discouraged from pking everyone indiscriminately for the chance of high pay-offs, and people genuinely there to enjoy the area will be more likely to have a guide, or never know anyone was ever there. when people have 100k at risk, they don't want a fight, they don't want jerks around, and they will go to odd lengths to accomplish thier goals.

it's just good dynamic for the game to put bandits, trainers, and explorers in a small area with high stakes. it makes things interesting, and puts a very fitting theme into guild.

Edited by EvilDognapot, 31 May 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#14 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:03 AM

I train thieves in SDG. I find that it works quite well.

#15 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:12 AM

I train some low level crits in SDG.

And even if I didn't, I'd still like to see it unchanged.

What the what?

#16 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:50 PM

I use it with my low level thieves quite a bit.
Aequitas In-Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users