• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:25 AM

Ok so I made this human zerk with ok stats.

Level 1: 27 hp
Level 2: 16 hp
Level 3: 13 hp
Level 4: 13 hp
Level 5: 13 hp
Level 6: 15 hp
Level 7: 15 hp
Level 8: 14 hp

Calculator: 126/9*32 = 448

Pretty lame, I thought to myself. But it's OK, I can reset and make it a pally and see the HP gains for that.

Level 1: 20 hp and 19 mp
Level 2: 10 hp and 11 mp
Level 3: 8 hp and 11 mp
Level 4: 8 hp and 11 mp
Level 5: 8 hp and 11 mp
Level 6: 9 hp and 11 mp
Level 7: 9 hp and 11 mp
Level 8: 9 hp and 11 mp

Look at the patterns. 16 13 13 13 15 15 14...10 8 8 8 9 9 9...they are *exactly* the same. So if you get a crit with weak hp as anything, then it's just screwed.

I propose that newly-rolled crits be given a different HP table of gains for each class they are able to be.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

leave the system as it is now
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#3 Gangster

Gangster
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

I agree with alan on this to a certain extent, if you have a low hp table crit its pretty much worthless.

It will probably get shot down but I was thinking that a crit if class changed because of the hp it's getting between Pacifist, Paladin, Cleric, Druid, Ranger and Thief should keep the same hp table with respect that druids keep the +1 and Clerics & Pacifists on -1 but for example say you have a dwarf thief with fairly bad hp and made it into a Fighter or Berserker it should have a chance to get good hp as these classes.

The same should naturally apply with mages because they use MP.

Sorry if that is hard to understand but meh.
»*¤ ßêg Før Mêrçý ¤*«

#4 Lampshade

Lampshade
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

Yall Know this hp table is t o help control Berserkers getting too much hps. I think the hp table is fine the way it is. Some human zerks getting better gains than others. For example Support 497hp and Carbon 492hp.
I think Carbon was the Human that had Top hps for zerker for a while till Support Broke the Record right? Any ways thats my thoughts

#5 Kenzaburokamos

Kenzaburokamos
  • Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

carbon? i dont remember the crit carbon ever being a zerk...i think it was a pally at one time..and a druid now i think.

EDIT: But to the point...i always disliked how most of my 3 stats always got better gains then the better stat'ed crits...lol Just something i guess we just have to take in stride.

Edited by Kenzaburokamos, 02 June 2006 - 02:57 PM.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within...
Trance_Steel ingame

#6 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:07 PM

Yall Know this hp table is t o help control Berserkers getting too much hps. I think the hp table is fine the way it is. Some human zerks getting better gains than others. For example Support 497hp and Carbon 492hp.
I think Carbon was the Human that had Top hps for zerker for a while till Support Broke the Record right? Any ways thats my thoughts

Highest was 491 before.

Edited by Prophet, 02 June 2006 - 04:02 PM.

Si Senior!

#7 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:13 PM

inferno was high wit 490 before support i believe, but leave hp system alone, its fine how it is, it aint bk ya cant always have it ur way

if u were to change hp system, it would mean for every crap hp crit everyone has they would simply make it a diff class juss for the fact that it would get better hp as something else and would be more useful

Edited by Exodia, 02 June 2006 - 04:14 PM.

Primex ingame

#8 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:08 PM

inferno was high wit 490 before support i believe, but leave hp system alone, its fine how it is, it aint bk ya cant always have it ur way

if u were to change hp system, it would mean for every crap hp crit everyone has they would simply make it a diff class juss for the fact that it would get better hp as something else and would be more useful

is that so bad?

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

When a crit is rolled, it is assigned a "seed", a number that is plugged into the pseudo-randomisation algorithm that decides HP and MP gains. If a crit is reset, the seed is preserved, so you are well and truly stuck, but it is set this way to prevent abuse... that is, levelling up to level 10, seeing if you have good HP/MP, and resetting if you don't and trying again.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:28 PM

yeh it is bad, if u want a good hp char.. simply buy one that has a good hp table, or keep rollin till u get one, this shouldnt be changed all of sudden cuz certain ppl have a problem wit set hp tables right now... its been like that since i started and i went through it for over 4 yrs, i had my crap hp crits juss like u guys did, but dont complain now when most of u guys been playin same amount as me if not longer
Primex ingame

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:58 PM

I brought this up before, maybe year ago, just seeing what people thought. And it's not been like this for 4 years...only reason Phoenix has such good hp is that Jared reset a few times at lvl 15 before getting good gains...personally I like it that way - if you're prepared to level and re-level, then you get something out of it.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#12 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:21 AM

but then if every crit starts getting leveled so its getting 295+ if your a ling ranger... EVERYONES gonna have great hp.. and then it wont be so great till we're all getting 312hp...
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

#13 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:39 PM

And..
Disaster ingame.

#14 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:54 PM

u guys are such hot shots on nm so juss buy good hp archs
Primex ingame

#15 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:41 AM

Aww someone had a little too much haterade with there lunch today.

Seriously you can disagree with someones point without being a complete cockhole.

At least make a contribution of your own before you come on here trashing other people all the time.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#16 Elrik

Elrik
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:59 AM

If you look at it in Real Life terms, what Crane said about the character having a seed, makes sense. If a Person were to be frail, and they decided to train as a Nomad (or Ranger), they might not accel at it (as in low hp). Then, if they decided to start over as a Body Guard (or a Fighter), that frailty would still be in effect. They can't just swap bodies like they can change names. If that made any sense, yay for me.

#17 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

If you look at it in Real Life terms, what Crane said about the character having a seed, makes sense. If a Person were to be frail, and they decided to train as a Nomad (or Ranger), they might not accel at it (as in low hp). Then, if they decided to start over as a Body Guard (or a Fighter), that frailty would still be in effect. They can't just swap bodies like they can change names. If that made any sense, yay for me.

Doesn't totally apply to Nightmist, because frailty will affect base Strength and Dexterity (and maybe Wisdom). Even if you are frail, you can still become strong and powerful; it just takes a lot more training than it does for some.

However, he has a point in that resetting is like throwing everything aside and taking up a new career, not recreating the body of the crit, although realistically you would carry some of your skills from your previous career, especially if you're leaving a combat class and starting another combat class... could be an interesting point to consider for Nightmist II.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users