Nightmist Waits For No One

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:50 PM

I may be completely misinformed in regards to the current status and person who chose to be responsible for the level 37+ guilds. But it appears to me that like many players in game this person is playing less and less.
Tecton (Game Staff), total online time is 21 days, 10 hours and 2 minutes. Last logon was 08-21-2008 04:42:50.
One only hopes his life has been filled with much joy outside of the game. But unfortunately mine nor the current player bases lives have had that luck. We find our joy by logging into Nightmist and clicking for hours only to be halted when we are taking the last steps to greatness in a little place we call home 7 days a week.

Last night I asked myself, "How would you feel to reach the exp needed to take yet another step towards greatness?" My answer surprised even me. How must those that have worked their butts off to get what is needed to increase to level 37 feel to sit and watch the rest of the game catch up to them.
Devotchka 2173502792 115 days, 2h32
Lethal_Dose 2106123089 148 days, 1h26

To put things into perspective. The above two players currently have more time logged then 5 of the 8 staff members in game.

Will an active member of staff please assume responsibility for the great work already done by Tecton, or come up with another idea. Myself and several other players in game would be willing to help in anyway we can knowing our rolls could be as boring and simple as writing descriptions.

There are very few things as consistent as the dedicated players above. Please don`t let their accomplishments be over shadowed by 1 persons lack of interest in a place we call home. Build the guilds and let them continue their journey to greatness.

Paragon Out
I am whoever you think I am.

#2 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Word. Holler Jim.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#3 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

Imo they should be soloable experiences completely, but needing such things as vamp pots and nightshades. Maybe even needing to use invisibility potions somehow.

Any staff willing to take over, I'm willing to donate a considerable ammount of time helping aswell.

-Xavier/Azalyne ingame

Edit: Added a word

Edited by Cruxis, 30 August 2008 - 11:05 AM.

#4 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

JadedSoul, you're right.

We're going to loose the top, most active, most dedicated players on top of everyone else that's gone/going unless this is done.

We'll go for something completely basic and fast track it (as slow as that may be, but yeh).
Thus bypassing any need for long winded, cyclic staff discussion and balancing.
Basically bypassing the need for any more than 1 member of active staff. (~I say with a depressed but strangely humered tone).
Ofcourse there would be quick checks by other staff too.

Consider level 35-40 guilds to be opened soon but they will be simple, boring and un-challenging at the cost of this immediate action.

I believe most people will welcome this executive decision and I believe it is completely in the game's interest.
Elf is happy to take this on and it has JLH's support.
Please don't bug her for details though.

Feel free to post any thoughts on this specific decision here.

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:55 PM

Awesome. Thank you.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#6 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

Thank you Wes, Elf, and any other staff who voted in favor of the decision to move forward.

I'd also like to be the 1st to congratulate Mike and Manda on a job well done. And can only pray I won’t have to watch Hitokiri jump off another bridge.

I hope this decision in no way discourages Tecton from continuing the work in his area. I'm not in a position to take that step to level 37 yet, but will welcome whatever challenges your twisted mind might have.

Paragon Out
I am whoever you think I am.

#7 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

If you were to carry on like it is, then you would need to design and balance 40 new areas, well 39 coz one has already been done.
40? 8 classes times 5 levels equals 40 areas. Its not gonna happen. And if it does it would be unfair on certain classes. OK there are thieves ready for L37, and no pallies ready for 36, but surely all the l36 guilds should be put in before the L37 ones.

The levelling system on main is basic but it does a job. My only gripe is that the chameleon horn was brought in later, it it had always been there i still woulda had a CJ :ph34r:

#8 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

OK there are thieves ready for L37, and no pallies ready for 36, but surely all the l36 guilds should be put in before the L37 ones.

Like the lvl 36 Druid one.

#9 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

or mage one. that one that caused achilles to not be seriously trained the last week+ of gametime on him... but ya, gg :ph34r:
Posted Image

#10 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:44 AM

or mage one. that one that caused achilles to not be seriously trained the last week+ of gametime on him... but ya, gg :ph34r:

I see what you mean. Why train it to 36 exp if you know its just gonna sit capped and have to wait for the lvl 37 Thieves and 36 Druid 1st?

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5243 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

About time...
Heh, wonder who's going to build the fairly basic individual grids...

-Not it!
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users