30 replies to this topic

#1 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Can we get a bit of an update on what is happening with the quest:-

Is it still going ahead?
If so, have you decided on a day/time that the quest will resume?
Have you sorted out the events?
Will there be a programmed timetable for events to be run, or will it be as and when staff log on randomly?
Have clans been randomed, and are you aware of alts to keep within the same clan?
Are there any changes to the rules that we should be aware of?
How will the rules be enforced, and what are the penalties for 'rule breaking'?
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#2 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Due to unforseen circumstances, the current quest "The Journey" will be put on a short (Probably roughly a week) rollback, this giving time for staff to make a few changes and catch up on what is going on with it. We thank you ahead of time for your understanding, and we are sorry for any problems this may have caused anyone.

We apologise for this, but can you log off your Qst_ crits for now and return to your mains? We won't reset your current progress, but it has to pause for now.

We are sorry for this.. but unfortunately most aspects of the quest are not documented like they should be so we have to plug in the infromation that we don't know and get everything back on track.

The quest accounts will be locked until a week today, just so no-one tries to sneak in some training while we're not looking!

Quest will probably resume on Sept 5th, midday GMT.

Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#3 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

I doubt it.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#4 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

If this quest isnt being ran, Qst_ Characters should be returned to the players and free name changes given to those people.

#5 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

And compensation for the time spent on them.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#6 Gangster

Gangster
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

hmm not up and running again as of now but hopefully a little later/tomorrow.... I was looking forward to the QST
»*¤ ßêg Før Mêrçý ¤*«

#7 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

As were many others.

Come on lets get an update on this. Been days and no staff reply to this topic!

#8 Hooded

Hooded
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

As were many others.

#9 Hooded

Hooded
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

As were many others.

09-05-2011 22:36:03 Stig (Game Staff) Pages You from (Hidden): You do it then.

This is after i yelled Whats going on and Whys it not sorted after a week. so if anyone is willing to take it on my guess is DO IT YOURSELF!

Stig might aswell be a moomen :lol: peace

#10 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Dumb quest to begin with, hopefully they're working on a real quest for us to do.

Heck, the player base can organize a race to X level or getting a certain monster kill list easily. Obviously you couldn't enforce the use of items or clericing, but it isn't that far off from the original idea.
Autek in game.

#11 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

http://www.nightmist...mp;#entry241378

Update.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#12 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

As were many others.

09-05-2011 22:36:03 Stig (Game Staff) Pages You from (Hidden): You do it then.

This is after i yelled Whats going on and Whys it not sorted after a week. so if anyone is willing to take it on my guess is DO IT YOURSELF!

Stig might aswell be a moomen :lol: peace

Your yells were a little more condescending than that - also, this was announced before you made those yells:

09-05-2011 22:33:37, Stig: We're sorry the quest hasn't started at the time announced... we're really having problems working out how to salvage it and work certain things out. We'll get something eventually though, we promise.

However, after Scripto and I managed to talk to JLH tonight and determined that one of Jase's older rules was impossible to enforce, we can construct something a bit more practical and hopefully, as announced by Scripto, have something ready soon. Try not to rush us though.

#13 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:01 AM

As were many others.

Maybe you should have put together a REALISTIC guideline. Instead of one impossible to follow. The current situation is in fact YOUR fault not the current staff. Maybe you should quit trying to give them grief for something you moosed up the first place. Take a lil responsibility for your actions. You only quit cause you knew it was impossible to do and took the first route out. As far as im concerned and lots others though, the quest is in way better hands and so is the server now. Lots of others are even coming back to play now that you arent staff.
Peacemaker both servers.

#14 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

Lol.

Notice how its on "Hold" longer now Marks involved?

What exactly are you trying to work out that takes so long?

#15 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

Maybe you should have put together a REALISTIC guideline. Instead of one impossible to follow. The current situation is in fact YOUR fault not the current staff. Maybe you should quit trying to give them grief for something you moosed up the first place. Take a lil responsibility for your actions. You only quit cause you knew it was impossible to do and took the first route out. As far as im concerned and lots others though, the quest is in way better hands and so is the server now. Lots of others are even coming back to play now that you arent staff.

What? Go away, you absolute idiot. It seems like the 15+ players who were enjoying the quest found it pretty easy to follow with what i provided. Moosed up? It was working perfectly fine. I quit because i dislike the way nightmist is being staffed, with people who have little or no experience making final judgements on things.

and

As far as im concerned and lots others though, the quest is in way better hands and so is the server now. Lots of others are even coming back to play now that you arent staff.

No one cares what you think. No one ever has, and no one ever will. To be fair, the entire game would be better without you Jake.

#16 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

Don't you know bro, it's Nightmist, it's not a game for them it's a way of life, real terror :lol:

#17 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

I was all about giving 1a a fair shot one last time but the lack of banning for cheating/abusing the system and this dramatic bickering like lil kids and all of this just proves that the server isn't for me.

I would like to withdraw myself from the quest and have my character unbanned or even transfered back into my normal account. I only have one decent statted character on 1a anymore and don't have much time to be on and to have it wasted like this is too much of a pain and I'd rather just reset it to level 1 and sell it for something that will benefit me.

Staff pm me here or get ahold of Gnarkill in-game(either server) for char/acct info. thanks.

Edited by Gnarkill, 06 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#18 Hooded

Hooded
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Don't you know bro, it's Nightmist, it's not a game for them it's a way of life, real terror :lol:

Dayummmmmm

7AM:I wake up go downstairs and equipped my armor and halberd!

7:05:You were killed by a Car.
Matt fell to the floor, his injuries getting the better of him.

7:06 I wake up go downstairs and equipped my armor and halberd!

WOW THIS LIKE OMFG THIS IS SUPER UBER AWSOME YEHHHHHHHH!! PLAY NIGHTMIST DONT BE A turnip!

Love you lots matt :lol:

#19 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

Lol.

Notice how its on "Hold" longer now Marks involved?

What exactly are you trying to work out that takes so long?

Well, they actually have quite a bit to do that I can understand would take them over a week to establish. They basically have to completely redesign to quest to fit logistically into the realm. For instance, how can they monitor so that other players are not helping quest players, as Jase's idea was impossible according to JLH, for he wasn't given clearance to access the logs into that detail.

Here are a couple more questions they need to have answered, and these are just off the top of my head (they may be solved):

What will the prizes be and how will they be distributed? None of this information was left when Jase stepped down.

How will they tell who is the "first" to do certain things if they don't have access to logs?

How will players be monitored so that they are not making it impossible for quest players to do certain aspects to progress? Since they don't have access to the logs, it is hard to ensure equality. As well, they don't want people cheating during certain times of the day/night when both staff members are offline, because as we clearly know, assumptions and a "he-she said" basis do not work in-game. That example can be seen from multiPCing, which is another thing that will be difficult to monitor, though I will be submitting my ideas for solving that on separately.

How will they monitor PKing, as it happens fairly quickly? As stated on other subjects, they cannot check the logs, as only JLH, from my understanding, has direct access to them. In addition, he is also way too busy with Mr Gigabit and other affairs to deal with a random (not bad by any means, but it was sprung on us) quest.

As well, they both have lives to attend to and do normal stuff on a daily basis, like some of the playerbase.

What? Go away, you absolute idiot. It seems like the 15+ players who were enjoying the quest found it pretty easy to follow with what i provided. Moosed up? It was working perfectly fine. I quit because i dislike the way nightmist is being staffed, with people who have little or no experience making final judgements on things.

I think that Jake overreacted a little bit, as he was probably frustrated from the happenings of this quest and such. Though, in all fairness, the quest was technically impossible to do, with you claiming to be checking logs almost constantly and checking every line for an instance of cheating. I will slightly agree that the haste that the current staff are in is indeed Jase's fault, but not fully.

The reason the current Staff is behind is because they were not following along with the quest like some of the playerbase. While some of this may be easy for you and I to figure out, they were relaxing and having someone run a quest until that person had rules that the playerbase didn't like, were impossible to maintain, and then he completely disappeared from Staff. I am not blaming Jase for this, but he has to accept that it is partly his fault at the very least.

Now, I also don't think Jake is being completely "idiotic." The players that were participating in the quest did indeed find it easy to follow, but that doesn't mean we agreed with it. Honestly, I can only speak for myself, but I'm pretty sure a few of us disagreed on one or two of the rules and you basically said "tough," which we got over and moved on. However, we also didn't notice that it was "impossible to run." I also disagree that the current staff lack experience making judgements, for they seem highly capable of making decisions that will benefit the NightMist community.

As far as im concerned and lots others though, the quest is in way better hands and so is the server now. Lots of others are even coming back to play now that you arent staff.

No one cares what you think. No one ever has, and no one ever will. To be fair, the entire game would be better without you Jake.

For being a former Staff member, you sure seem to be highly defensive. I realize that he attacked your persons, but to counterargue like this seems almost childish, though I suppose your obligations to Staff are no more. I will be in honest in saying that I think the quest is in better hands, but only because there are now two strong-minded individuals that have a little better understanding of what can and cannot be done. I supported Jase's quest and loved the idea, but the task at hand was just a little too much rule-bending. When Staff move to change a few things, that should have been supported and realized that sometimes things need to be altered to truly progress. I think the game is fine both with Jake and Jase, for both have played important roles in progressing the game.

All in all, I'm not trying to attack Jase. I love the quest and the idea. I wished he and other members of Staff would have gotten along a little better, because it is my personal opinion that if the quest had been adapted with Mark, Stig and Jase all working cooperatively instead of pushing back and forth for issues, the game and playerbase could have been served with a very tasteful and interesting quest that would have been flawlessly executed and even stronger in design.

If Staff (Mark and Stig by the sound of it) have any questions, I know that I am willing to help at least. I will try to work out solutions for any problems that you are encountering. Feel free to just memo Nexus or send an e-mail to tyler@seowhat.com and I will try to assist in any way that I can. I realize that with a little extra help, this quest might be able to get rolling again.

Also, I think that people should be allowed to withdraw characters from the quest if this is not already being done, for they may have changed their minds on certain things or the quest altogether. However, I also think it should still be ran, for it was tons of fun when it was happening.

Just my two cents. Wasn't trying to be offensive, so sorry if my words come off strong to anyone.

Edited by Tyler, 06 September 2011 - 11:03 PM.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#20 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

What will the prizes be and how will they be distributed? None of this information was left when Jase stepped down.

The information was posted on the staff forum on Aug 15 2011, 09:51 AM to be exact. Well before the quest started, and WAY before i stepped down.

How will they tell who is the "first" to do certain things if they don't have access to logs?

Staff can request logs from JLH and he has always been willing to provide them with this. I even have extracts he has provided me with in the past if you want proof. It is not JLH withholding logs, its the sheer size of the logs. It would take a very very long time to search through them, something i was willing to do.

I believe the above answers all three of your log related questions.

So really, why is the quest on hold again? lol.

And to be fair, Jake is a bad person. Just generally annoying and idiotic and i dont have to put up with it anymore :lol:

#21 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

It would take a very very long time to search through them, something i was willing to do.

^^This
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#22 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

I have an area still somewhere, which was meant for small parties (somewhat enforced). A good quest mix would be to let only QST characters in, all start from lvl 1. Their lvling should be done inside, the winner is simply the one who gets to the end (if you're to low a lvl you'll die before you get there). Could limit it to 1, 2, 3 players a square for instance. Just duplicate the bosses so if one party was busy with one, you could do the same boss just west instead of east, and would end up at the same square after you've beat him.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda <3

Edited by Prototype, 07 September 2011 - 11:14 AM.

Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#23 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I have an area still somewhere, which was meant for small parties (somewhat enforced). A good quest mix would be to let only QST characters in, all start from lvl 1. Their lvling should be done inside, the winner is simply the one who gets to the end (if you're to low a lvl you'll die before you get there). Could limit it to 1, 2, 3 players a square for instance. Just duplicate the bosses so if one party was busy with one, you could do the same boss just west instead of east, and would end up at the same square after you've beat him.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda <3

Come back to Staff please. <3

#24 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

The information was posted on the staff forum on Aug 15 2011, 09:51 AM to be exact. Well before the quest started, and WAY before i stepped down.

If it was detailed, then that would answer the question. The questions I had were just what I came up with, so there could be more. But if they were given details on what was to be handed out for prizes, then it's fair to assume they were balanced and such. If so, question answered.

Staff can request logs from JLH and he has always been willing to provide them with this. I even have extracts he has provided me with in the past if you want proof. It is not JLH withholding logs, its the sheer size of the logs. It would take a very very long time to search through them, something i was willing to do.

I believe the above answers all three of your log related questions.

And to be fair, Jake is a bad person. Just generally annoying and idiotic and i dont have to put up with it anymore :lol:

The thing with the logs is that perhaps I'm not understanding everything completely right. In order to make it fair to all players, you would have to monitor nearly every line of the logs as well as catch the multiPCers outside of the logs, which honestly isn't that hard; I submitted an idea to JLH, but have had no response. But isn't it a bit unrealistic to look through nearly every line, still? I mean, you would have to be so careful not to skip things that only take one line to completely unbalance the quest (giving of gold/items).

If you say you really would have done it, spending hours on end sifting through, and JLH was willing to give you full access to the logs for 2 months (not just extracts), than it should have happened. In the end, you stepped down, though. Most people wouldn't want to have to request 2 months of logs or sit down and look through them, and Mark and Stig are no exception.

Heh. Maybe you should've stayed until the end of the quest at least. :lol: Aside from the logs and prizes, do the current Staff have to rework the rules so that the quest can kind of run itself in a way? I realize they are both busy and can not put the time in that Jase did, so it seems like that's what they've been trying to do. If I'm wrong, just ignore this (or appoint me so I can help).

P.S. I get the feeling you and Jake don't get along for some reason. :lol:

To Prototype: I actually love the idea. Hell, you could even have them tp'd at lvl 1 and local at a town away from everyone else. Oh... and make it literally impossible for them to get back to the players. Then, your idea could be fully executed. If the squares have to be linked, just put a.... 5-stack of Time Master's that are KTP because it "isn't the time yet for the Qst_ players to be released unto the world." :lol: Bad idea on my part? Probably, but I'm just sayin'. :D

Edited by Tyler, 07 September 2011 - 04:50 PM.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#25 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

You can request the logs but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily get them.

Why is the quest on hold? To quote JLH himself from MSN:

Jonathan Leighton-Hoggett says
the quest is on hold because the conditions can't be enforced

And Jase, what you're posting would get you +10% warning if you had a regular forum account, so can you please refrain from poisoning the well and utilising ad hominem arguments? The same goes for everybody else.

The quest is still taking time to lay out because of the unenforceable rules being worked around, and also building on events and prizes. I'm not one who likes to improvise if I can help it.

#26 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Replace the quest with a 2 week one for everybody.

The way its looking, this one wont happen.

#27 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:54 PM

It will happen.

#28 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

And to quote Scripto.

Why are we doing this? Well as stated before in my previous post, not everything was documented.. so its patch work...

Just pointing this out, mind you.

#29 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

Which I stated before we had a chance to talk to JLH about getting logs... which is when we were informed that the rules would be impossible to enforce because of the logs.... being as he only gives out some sections of logs if he feels its needed for a given reason... but not 2 months of logs...

Which means in the end?

We have to switch out any and all rules dealing with needing full access to the logs....

I don't really understand how this is a hard concept to grasp.... really.. what is there not to understand?
If you guys don't like us taking time to make sure its a fair and manageable quest for everyone... we can always just do JLH solution to it and cancel it completely?
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#30 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

You can request the logs but that doesn't mean you'll necessarily get them.

And Jase, what you're posting would get you +10% warning if you had a regular forum account, so can you please refrain from poisoning the well and utilising ad hominem arguments? The same goes for everybody else.

The quest is still taking time to lay out because of the unenforceable rules being worked around, and also building on events and prizes. I'm not one who likes to improvise if I can help it.

I was wondering when yall was gonna say something to him, being that i have kept all my arguements civil. I never once pointed out him cheating or none of the stuff he was accused of. Or the fact that people quit because of that cheating that supposively never happened.

To get back on subject he put together a completely unmanagable quest and then when someone interviened with something he was doing he threw a fit and quit like a child. All because his power was derailed, right when he thought he could do w/e he wanted someone stepped in and stopped him. Which i believe they rightfully should have. Just like when that extra key was created for Ganymede. Yet there was no cheating envolved supposively. Although they havent killed him since. Funny how that works.

Keep working on the quest guys, i know you got alot of stuff to fix to make this a realistic quest. I may not participate, but i still would love to see the playerbase have something interesting to do.
Peacemaker both servers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users