New Item Of The Bracer Type

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:41 PM

theives need a better type of bracer so I came up with this as it is light but still very strong.

Library info for Beetleshell Bracers:
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: thieves Description: These bracers are made from the shell of a Mutant Beetle. They are steamed and forged in a way to comfortably fit around the arm to provide maximum protection. They are black and sanded dull so they don't glint in the darkeness and give away the wearers position. These bracers are light and durible still allowing maximum speed and precision., Level needed to equip it: 15, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Edited by TheNobleOne, 29 June 2004 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:54 PM

sweeeeeeet :)

#3 sarah_rain

sarah_rain
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:58 PM

why not! sounds good!
The First The Only Nightmist Nude

#4 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:19 PM

...Why do Thieves need better armour?
Posted Image

#5 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:39 PM

because steel bracers suck and they need something with better armor but does not hinder their attack speed and stealth.

#6 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:48 PM

Oh, they need better armour because Steel Bracers suck. I get it.

>_>
Posted Image

#7 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:53 PM

lol steel bracers give a wopping 2 armor lol it is time theives has a tiney boost.

#8 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

Thieves have quite a bit less armor than the other fighting classes- rangers, fighters, druids, whatever...

But, they can covert. The idea is for them to be stealthy rather than well protected (or i've always thought)...

I haven't got a problem with this being added....you could, however, expect not to be able to do anything in the RG for a week or so while all of the old players rampaged though it for the new armor.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#9 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:53 PM

Well they would not be droped by mutant beetles as they have to be forged first from the shell. So they would be bought in RH as it is the closest city to the RG. Basically the idea behind it is that the armor shop got shells and cut steamed and forged the peices to fit.

#10 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:14 PM

I would be against more armor for theives, but I like the idea of a beetle bracer.

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 06:28 PM

I think it'd be better to make it a low % drop from mutant beetles, like tarma potions, vampire potions, or like jagged lances.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#12 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 12:01 PM

Maybe a low percent drop like say 5 - 10% of the time dropped off the mutant beelte would be better as it would make them a bit easier to get then selling them for lots of gold in the shop lol. Anyway if someone wants to buy them they could get them off the site for the overcharged prices. However, it would suck if they were monopolised for a while.

#13 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

any staff comments.

#14 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:42 PM

I can comment as far as to say the idea is good but you need to team up with someone on the development forum etc. Suggest it as a boss drop in someone’s area.

#15 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

So basically you are saying that we can't just add it as a low % mutant beetle drop in the RG :S

#16 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

finally, a fairly well thought out suggestion. Props Noble.
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users