Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 foundtain

foundtain
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:00 AM

Errrm I haven't been able to log on NM for a month or so. On the log in screen, it says connection established but the screen doesn't change for another 5 mins or untill the connection is 'timed out' Another thing I noticed, is when I run the log in program, my email scanner goes crazy and displays all these strange addresses / codes, they all seem to have a "nott.NTL" as part of the 'code'. I have looked at the follwoing post; http://www.nightmist...showtopic=24573
and ran the trace cmd and during the tracing my email scanner went mental again but after a while the trace was complete. I have also tried reinstalling the program but no change what-so-ever... So can someone help me please? :)
Without this life, you are just a memory!

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:07 AM

Are you using Alternative Port? As far as I know, that uses the e-mail port to communicate and so would make some scanners go mad - as for the trace, I'm not sure, but it could be that the scanner isn't configured properly. Try using the standard port or disable your e-mail scanner when using Nightmist (probably best that you don't read e-mails during the time).

Edited by Crane, 07 June 2007 - 09:08 AM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 foundtain

foundtain
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

I have tried every possible option that came to my mind, whether its using alternative port, alternative DNS, disabling email scanner, re-installing nightmist and / or closing everything that was running. So I don't see any other reason why I can't log in, unless some IPs or servers are banned or blocked by the server :) . In which case, it would be nice to know which countries IPs are blocked by the server.
:) Thank you for your help

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:43 PM

If disabling the scanner does not fix it I don't know what will. Maybe JLH can give more insight, since he knows more about the Internet and its servers than I do.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 05:51 PM

your email scanner will pick it up if you have alternate port turned on, the default port shouldn't confuse it.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#6 foundtain

foundtain
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

That's right but the main problem is that the server won't let me in :) What else would you suggest me to do in order to solve this problem?

Thank you for your time and help

Foundatin

#7 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:20 AM

have a look in the FAQ under the telnet section, has some troubleshooting steps to try
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users