Fortune Teller

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 katja

katja
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

ok, in my extremely bored and slightly caffinated state of mind... i've come up with the idea that nightmist needs a fortune teller somewhere.

just like an NPC or something, you give her gold and she quotes some fortune cookie something back at you.

think of it like the old coin operated machines from the carnivals... you put in the coin and the creepy manequin inside lights up and moves and then it spits out a piece of paper with your fortune on it.

it would serve as a "conversation piece" if everyone on the square could see the fortune; for example Fortune Teller (to Katja): Financial gains will come your way if you play your cards right today.

and it would be a way to take useless small ammounts of gold out of the game... not enough to make a real difference in the economy though.

it wouldn't serve any real purpose in the gameplay... unless she was worked into an area or quest or something somehow... maybe if you bring her enough somethings, you could get a crystal ball that could be used in something somewhere..... but really i think it would be for sheer entertainment's sake.

i could even come up with a list of fortunes for her to use, if there's enough of them, it won't seem lame and repetitive...

let me know what you think.. lol... i know it's random and there are a lot more important things that people are working on for the game... just thought this would be a bit fun. :ph34r:
i am Kelsta (Katja in game)!

#2 Shapeshifter

Shapeshifter
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!

SUPPORTED!!

Just because of the sheer tenacity and wit it takes to post something like that! :ph34r: Rofl!
Shapeshifter

"Slow Your Roll" << Sobe Cap

#3 katja

katja
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

ooo... also..

she could be a gypsy and when staff get bored (not that boredom really happens, but you know, when they want to spice things up a bit), she could be moved.. so she's not always in the same place.. if it's only one square it could be done.... where you could once go east, instead of saying You can't go that way. when she moves... it will say... The madam has packed her bags and moved on to elude the authorities again.

ok, probably the lamest suggestion ever... but i'm getting a laugh from it.

Edited by katja, 24 April 2008 - 07:07 PM.

#4 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

As far as I know, all NPCs are deterministic. There isn't a way to get them to return a random fortune.

I like the idea though... but I think the game engine will stop us yet again.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#5 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

I'd rather see staff work on things that actually do something for the game. Such as 36+ guilds, new areas, quests, etc.
Autek in game.

#6 katja

katja
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

booo... they do work on the game. there are bosses for levels 31+ and such that were just opened. i did say there were more important things, but i wanted to share my idea... they work hard, i am just trying to have some fun, don't make this a hate post or i'll go all emo and close it!

as for the NPC thing.... how does the slot machine work? maybe there's a different way it could be done, and only have an NPC there for looks....

ps... the emo thing was sarcasm....

Edited by katja, 24 April 2008 - 07:59 PM.

#7 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

You misunderstand. It's not that it isn't possible. It's just that it's not possible without getting JLH to write new code.

Things like the slot machines are hard-coded into the server we can put one on a specific square, but not much more than that.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#8 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

let me know what you think.. lol...

I let you know what I thought. . . Don't see how it was making this a hate post, but feel free to close it and go emo since it's not happening.
Autek in game.

#9 katja

katja
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

oh, dang.. :ph34r:

oh well.... maybe someday..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users