• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:42 AM

Ah, well.

To my understanding, there was a stamina recharge every 5 second for your recharge rate. Ah, well, here, enought with the words, and example!

I'm in the barracks!

I have 4 out of 5 stamina!

I attack a demonic general 4 times, but right away I get my three stamina recharge because it's time for that.

Now, it's different:

I now, have 1 out of 2 stamina.

I have a choice. I can either wait 3 seconds for full stamina, or I can attack with my one and wait 5 seconds.

This doesn't make sense.

I would explain, but I can't do it very well. I'll try.

1. I am fully rested, I do a task requiring a fifth of my restedness.
2. I am halfway rested, I do the same task.

Now, taking the same time to become fully rested for BOTH of these doesn't make sense, neither does getting like 7 hits in a round.

MY suggestion:

I have 4 of 5 stamina.

I am 2 seconds into my recharge.

I use my stamina.

In 3 seconds, I will get one stamina, in 5, I will get 3 stamina.

It makes sense and won't be evil like the previous stamina thingy.

#2 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:50 AM

This is not planned for Nightmist, as it would boost low-level training. But wouldn't it be better to have the stamina regain every couple of seconds one at a time?

#3 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:59 PM

I like the way it is right now.

What is being suggested here is basically asking for the old stam tricks to come back. I'm pretty sure he thinks stam is regained every 5 seconds...It is 10 seconds.

Anyway, I don't see any reason to change current stamina. You can make arguments every way on stam, that it should regain over time 1 by 1, that it should regain even if you take action, that it would wear you out to take action and gaining back would take time....I say just leave well enough alone in stam's case.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#4 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:48 PM

I like it the way it is better than it used to be also.
Used to be people could sit there with a mage, use one stam, then, before they were about to get their stam back, hit you with all they had (4 stam) and then get 3 stam back and hit again.
This was in the days when there was no 10 level pk rule, so mages could own a party of 4 mid level crits in one round, because they technically had 7 stamina total to use, if they knew how to time it right.

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:36 PM

Timing it is never a problem. When I was more noob than I am now, Magnus showed me how. The line in the text box (that shows you have it selected and that you can type if you want) blinks each second. You wait til it's at about 9, and hit..then you've got stam back and you're still hitting mac, and they are dead most of the time.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#6 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:42 PM

Well, you see, that strategy wouldn'y work!

If a mage used one stamina, waited, used 4, he'd only get 1 stamina back right away.

I always thought stamina regain was 5? Oops, I never realy counted.

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:44 PM

But wouldn't it be better to have the stamina regain every couple of seconds one at a time?

I like that idea best of all.
Posted Image

#8 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:49 PM

Well, you see, that would make running to easy.

I personally have no problem with it, this game is too pker-friendlyish as it is.

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:54 PM

....it would make running easier? Because...in the nightmist you play it takes stamina to move?

I don't follow.

#10 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:10 AM

Try moving with 0 stamina sometime.

#11 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:51 AM

ive neveractually seen a problem wit stamina if im out pking its usually my druid and 4 theifs by the time my last theif has hit my druids stamina is back and im able to hit more so i like how it currently is

#12 Issy

Issy
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 08:05 AM

Ah, well.

To my understanding, there was a stamina recharge every 5 second for your recharge rate. Ah, well, here, enought with the words, and example!

I'm in the barracks!

I have 4 out of 5 stamina!

I attack a demonic general 4 times, but right away I get my three stamina recharge because it's time for that.

Now, it's different:

I now, have 1 out of 2 stamina.

I have a choice. I can either wait 3 seconds for full stamina, or I can attack with my one and wait 5 seconds.

This doesn't make sense.

I would explain, but I can't do it very well. I'll try.

1. I am fully rested, I do a task requiring a fifth of my restedness.
2. I am halfway rested, I do the same task.

Now, taking the same time to become fully rested for BOTH of these doesn't make sense, neither does getting like 7 hits in a round.

MY suggestion:

I have 4 of 5 stamina.

I am 2 seconds into my recharge.

I use my stamina.

In 3 seconds, I will get one stamina, in 5, I will get 3 stamina.

It makes sense and won't be evil like the previous stamina thingy.

You're bringing back Stam Trick dude. That was taken out of the game because of un-balanced playing.
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

#13 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 12:37 PM

8 Rapid Fires is kinda unfair when pking.

#14 Xian

Xian
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:29 PM

And yet stam trick was the Only thing that required any skill at all as far as playing 1 alt was concerned.
Celerity // Wodan in game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users