Level 36 Cloak Of The Avenger

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:10 AM

This is a positng for Rush(Cole) since she can not access her forum acount.

I was thinking about the item given to thieves for leveling to 36, the Cloak of the Avenger. You pay 2 mil to level and 100k for token and 100k for Midnight Tunic, which you trade for the Cloak right?

What about if to make it all worth it a little more, I'm not saying it’s a bad price, but adding a constitution modifier would not be a bad idea to the Cloak of the Avenger. It’s the same thing as the Midnight Tunic with level 36 restriction.

I understand we cannot over power the game with new items high level weapons armors and such. I’m only suggesting we give the Cloak a constitution modifier because it will help thieves move covert. It does nothing to their damage and I suggest not changing the armor base at all because that which has been said before can over power at higher levels. What does everyone think?
Rush
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:06 AM

Const. mod doesn't seem that extreme or overpowering.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:09 AM

More const. mods we add to things out date other things that have const mods, example: Const. Amulets. Then people will take off things and add mroe dex and/or more str making them even more powerful. Which means more complains on thiefs being overpowered. It don't seem like much now, but in the big picture it would make things much worse... I can already equip a thief in the game with enough stuff to make one run covert forever literally unless spot by an NPC etc.

So in short term, adding more things like Armor with Const. mods means people will beable to exchange that const. stat with another const. mod and make the thief. In the end.. more powerful.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

I agree with what Mark said in principle, but also consider this - rewriting new things does not actually make them different for a lot of people...you need to change the numbers, change the stats so that the new items MEAN SOMETHING.

PS. You can delete posts all you like, we still know you double posted :ph34r:
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:39 PM

I kind of agree it'd be nice to make this more worth the money, but Mark is 100% right on the specific suggestion. It's really hard to make a new stat that is actually desirable for more than aesthetic appearance, but without making the most overpowered class better.
That is the dilemma we came to, but I'm keen to hear other suggestions.

#6 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

Hmmm, ok, how is this for an idea then. How about a Char mod then? Or a 2+ char mod? My crit is kind of homely looking, and it would help alot. :ph34r:

#7 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

i know

lets give thieves a relatively cheap (say 350k) weapon with slightly reduced damage and a vamp. mod so they can train much more easily than any other class!

#8 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

i know

lets give thieves a relatively cheap (say 350k) weapon with slightly reduced damage and a vamp. mod so they can train much more easily than any other class!

Man, I walked back onto this thread and just got drentched with sarcasim. Glad I had my slickers on.

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:04 AM

People use constitution amulets?
...noobs.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:54 AM

i heard that if you save up a mil and buy a cons ammy you can give it to all your chars just before they lvl up and they get more hp. all the top clanz do it.

#11 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

Shh Alan, no one needs to know how all my crits get good hp!

But yeah uhh..

I support making lvl 35+ items with huge chr mods since there is a lack of clerics ingame.

DO IT!

I wanna heal people for 150 :ph34r:

Edited by Cruxis, 02 August 2008 - 09:12 AM.

#12 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

no one uses cons amulet but if u add a con to chest then i wouldnt need gauntlets of faravar and get the 2str gloves and own.

Edited by Payne, 02 August 2008 - 04:52 PM.

Astinus on 1alt Only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users