Getting Pked

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:03 AM

I think that setting the max xp loss to 1.5 mill was a huge mistake... It is already FAR too easy to train in 1a... (Corey already hitting the 1bill mark) Now people go around suiciding trying for a pk, becuase there is little exp lost if they get killed in the process. I like the idea of only losing 1.5 mill exp if I'm killed by a monster, but the exp loss should have been increased rather than decreased when killed by a player.

Gaddy also just told me that you lose something like 1 char score point for when you are pked... Again, there is virtually no punishment here either... I suggest possibly Increasing this x10.... Losing 10+ in your char score for a pk could add up very quickly and it would force people (who care about their char score) to be more careful.

Seems like the popular games out nowadays are very difficult and have strong penelaties for gettin killed... where as nightmist is growing more and more unpopular, but it is getting easier and easier and becoming more lenient

Edited by XxDarkAlliancexX, 08 December 2007 - 12:06 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:42 AM

Depends tho, training in NM is boring as f... And getting 3 mill of exp equals about 1 hour (normal training). So it takes 30 min to get back 1 pk, i think thats fairly decent.

Besides, on popular games its actually fun training, hence why its popular. On here it isn't.

And saying Corey already hitting the 1 billion mark. Hes on 34 days of gametime, sure it isnt all pure training but its still a hell of a lot.

Seeing as its just a game I don't see why everyone wants players to devote their life (years) to it just to get to the last lvl (with 1 crit). Server is out like 7 months, and one lvl 35, c'mon thats not fast.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#3 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:51 AM

They should change the exp loss back to the way it was.. To my understanding when it was first changed they were worried about it making NM Solo to easy, and it has.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#4 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:21 AM

I proposed the original change to a 1.5 mil exp cap, but the proposal was for the multi server only. I never intended for it to be implemented on 1a, but apparently JLH thought it was a good idea there.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

I stated opposition to adding it to 1a at the time.
I still see the cap as a disadvantage on 1a.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

It works on main, but it does not make sense on 1-alt to me.
It matters a lot more to die on a single character system...in my opinion.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

The more there is to lose, the more fun it is to take it. What does 1a have against fun!?
Evil report carries further than any applause

#8 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:27 AM

I agree... any opinions on the char score loss? seems like everyones commenting on the exp loss
Posted Image

#9 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:58 AM

Character score loss being increased for deaths could work well on 1a.
On a server where you're working on one character only at a time, more attributes to looking after can only be a good thing.

#10 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:06 AM

I agree, I'd be much less likely to die if it hurt my char score. Like I said tho, 1 point doesn't even break the skin...
Posted Image

#11 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

I think that setting the max xp loss to 1.5 mill was a huge mistake... It is already FAR too easy to train in 1a... (Corey already hitting the 1bill mark) Now people go around suiciding trying for a pk, becuase there is little exp lost if they get killed in the process. I like the idea of only losing 1.5 mill exp if I'm killed by a monster, but the exp loss should have been increased rather than decreased when killed by a player.

Seems like the popular games out nowadays are very difficult and have strong penelaties for gettin killed...

Character score loss being increased for deaths could work well on 1a.
On a server where you're working on one character only at a time, more attributes to looking after can only be a good thing.

Sorry to bump an old post, but let's take a look at this again.

One scenario is: let's see if you can leave the cap in, but take it off once you reach level 3(?)(i'd say 35, but it can be talked about). Or it can be put in once you hit the 1 billion exp mark.

Edited by Walt, 25 May 2008 - 10:05 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

It was intended to allow losses of massive exp when high level characters die.

The problem was that it was suppose to only be 1.5 cap on main, not on 1-alt, and I think that this was fixed---to allow 1% or whatever it was suppose to be originally.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#13 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

It was intended to allow losses of massive exp when high level characters die.

The problem was that it was suppose to only be 1.5 cap on main, not on 1-alt, and I think that this was fixed---to allow 1% or whatever it was suppose to be originally.

No sir, the loss of exp is still 1.5 million, not 1%.

My reason for setting it back to it's original form is:

1. At a higher level, your character is more then able to handle itself, even against 2-3 characters at once.
2. If you choose to pk at that high a level, the consequences you face in case you are the one to get pked should be sever. Throwing your weight around at leve 35 should cause more loss then a level 30 or so.
3. It may decrease a higher level character from running back and pking/getting pked over and over.

#14 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

Originally it was set to 1.5 million XP maximum because players were very reluctant to attempt areas like Shifting Sands on the multi-alt server, due to the high risk of fatality against Tarantulas and the Roc. Indeed, the last time Europa was killed before the loss limit was imposed, he lost 37 million XP!

For 1-alt, there isn't such a big risk from monsters. Personally I would propose raising the limit to 5 million XP or so on that server, or some more appropriate value determined after a bit of experimentation.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#15 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

For 1-alt, there isn't such a big risk from monsters. Personally I would propose raising the limit to 5 million XP or so on that server, or some more appropriate value determined after a bit of experimentation.

I wouldn't mind if it was raised to 5 million, but I'm not sure about the rest of the server. It may deter running back to a battle over and over if it stung a bit more. Still may want to leave the death to monster capped though.

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:25 AM

I thought it was suppose to have been fixed to 1% on 1-alt and 1% or 1.5m max on Multi...months ago we talked about getting that fixed in staff section....herm...

#17 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:37 AM

looks like someone didn't do what was supposed to be done.....whooopsie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users