• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:04 AM

Well, as you know, mages have been recently updated, and I think it's great...though I think, that mages should be the strongest class ingame, cause the games I play, mages spells do more than attacks till a certain lvl, then they get a stronger spell, which makes them more powerful again. So an arch spell should be made so mages stay the most powerful, cause the hardest class to train, shouldn't it be the most powerful class? Instead of the most powerful class is the easiest (zerkers, next to paci's ofcourse, but they don't count) to train? Ofcourse not, that takes away the challenge of the game, easiest to do should not be the best, the hardest should. So I think the spell Devastate should be made buyable (I mean really, not for the current price). I think a reasonable price is 3mil, and the spell should only do like...85-92 with max intell and wis. They can round with full stam, but, so can zerkers, and they're the easiest to train, so if they can, so should the hardest class to train. Maybe this shouldn't go into mages duscussion, but no more than it belongs in the zerker section, maybe the discussion forum, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ryuku, 02 October 2004 - 02:06 AM.

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:22 AM

According to many people, Mages can pretty much round anything already.

The Scroll of Devastate might be reintroduced to the game in a way other than its 5,000 million gold price tag... but it is more likely that it will be a boss drop or /examine of some kind.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

I'm all "pro-mage" but... yeah, I really don't think they need this.

Mages have their power, let's give them variety in their spells now.
Posted Image

#4 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:27 AM

I agree there needs to be a higher veriety of spells.

#5 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 05:31 AM

I still reckon that there needs to be some more anti-pk'r type spell's

devastate would be a heap of fun, but not everyone would be 'nice' with that spell,

I'm not the pk'r type but ya can see what other's would do with that, unless ya brought it in to be a level 31 type spell --- ie only can be bought when ya have over 300,000,000 exp, and then at a cost of 3 million gold.

:P

#6 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:09 PM

Is it possible to buy a spell at a certain lvl, but with more exp as you said? For example, you have to be arch, but with more than 300mil exp like you said? If it is, Devastate should be gotten at 400mil, seems more closer to lvl 31 than 300mil would be.

#7 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

400 Million exp on a mage?

Have you any idea how long that would take to achieve?

Take a look at the current mage ranking's and their experience level's.

#8 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:44 AM

I know, a ammount of exp worthy of having Devastate.

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

No, I think it's better if either no-one has it or only one person has it like before (Old_Fart).

Mages already have power. They don't need it.
Posted Image

#10 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:03 PM

Well a 400 million exp level needed to buy it would mean very few mages would have it,

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:06 PM

First mage to 400mill?
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

i think that the devestate area should just be brought back... and mages cant round everything...
-Alias ingame-

#13 2Pac

2Pac
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

Devestate Was originally a Staff spell and Milagros(Cupcake i beleive) Won it in a Contest many moons ago devestate it's self does 3X mroe dmamage then beam does around 100+ per round on players i beleive mroe on monsters, current price is suitable to buy devestate cuz if every mage in the game have it(means unblancing the system) making mages over powered consider this and add it up.

1 arch mages with spells AoP Haste 4 rings of astray Amulet of Shoclorship(Wisdom mod) Boots of time and best armor for lvls giving it around 200+ ac (atleast),With a healer on its side + Devstate= The mage can take on a party of rangers and healer with ez, then go and kills a party(say 8 Zerks) the mage itself spelled up is basically invincible.

As I see it everything is okay about the mage atm no need to lower the current price to 3mil cuz most your ppl who own arch mages have nuts laods of gold and it wouldnt hurt their budget to equip 2 of their arch mages with a 3mil spell.

But, I do agree they should get a bigger varity of newer spells, this could be taken into suggestion and could be possible to do if given the time and thought to it.

Edited by 2Pac, 03 October 2004 - 08:36 PM.

Thúg LíFè

#14 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:47 PM

I had an arch mage round a level 29 zerker, 476 hp. Mages are powerful enough. Devestate doesn't need to be lowered, reduced, or anything, it needs to sit there for 5 bil and thats that. Variety is good. Mages need to be able to do more with their spells, different abilities to make them more versatile.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#15 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:04 PM

Calculator: 476/5 = 95.2

You show me a mage that can do that much...did the zerker have like 6 wis? did the mage have cats eye, witches gloves, inquisitors ring, ring of empathy? The most i think i've done with a mage is 80... on a like lvl 17 zerker with extremely low wisdom...
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#16 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 11:44 PM

It must've had full wis and int mods and have had been a halforc with 3 wisdom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users