1alt Crafting Lvling System

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rush

Rush
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

I was just wondering if its possible to make the final metal crates for the 1alt lvling sytem or as it stands right now golden crate without adding the 100k gold to it yet to make the finish token. By doing this the metal crate of say elm seeds wouldn't act as a token untill you add the 100k gold. Doing this will allow the players to collect more items and save space in vaults. Then you could just add the 100k gold later when you wanna use the token. Just a thought. Thanx :P - cole

Rush in game 1a

^~t|-|ë FïRë WäRmT|-|~^

#2 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

Obviously by adding the gold ingot to the crate you are increasing the size of the crate to allow those 7 bags full of bear hides to fit in there. A normal metal crate just doesn't have the volume required to hold all 7 bags!

*ahem*

Great insight Cole, I approve.
1-alt: Inglastex Main: don't play

#3 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:45 AM

It's kinda hard to gold leaf a crate that has already crap in it.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#4 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:36 AM

So when you put these magical bags that fit Colossal Ant Pincers in this magical box that fits all six bags you can't magically coat the crate in gold? :P

/love Maarten

Somehow I think this is more of a nice game mechanic thing than a make total sense thing. The only thing that makes sense about Nightmist is that most things in Nightmist don't make sense.

Edited by Yggdrasill, 29 October 2010 - 01:38 AM.

#5 Rush

Rush
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:39 AM

I see the point in it making sense then make more vault space in vaults or collapse items some how to make more space its a nice system to collect things keeps the game less boring but once you have filled 2 account vaults with bags of stuff and cant afford to make them golden crates it would just help was all :) Like said before me it doesnt always have to make complete sense now does it :P

Rush in game 1a

^~t|-|ë FïRë WäRmT|-|~^

#6 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:54 AM

A pincer is relatively small, even if the mob itself is colossal. Just because it's a fantasy world, doesn't mean it has no rules. You can carry 14 rotten eggs, or 14 short swords, some things don't need to be explained. But if staff were to create crafting recipes that do not make sense, you would never find them out.

All in all I don't mind if it gets changed tho, but you'd have to ask current staff.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#7 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Well firstly. The Colossal Ant is a magically enhanced soldier ant. It is half the size of a horse and is clicking its pincers in a threatening way.

I find it a little bit (/sarcasm) hard to believe that a lvl 1 gnome with 6 strength can carry 14 bags filled with 8 of these ant faces regardless of the feasible proportions to "half the size of a horse" you come up with.

So now, adding gold filament to, once again, a magical box, with magical things in it is *too* "fantastic" for the genre. My humble opinion is that if some recipe is *too* hard to figure out then it is lacking the proper clues. And somehow I don't think that putting things in a metal box *before* you add some gold to it is *too* hard too figure out.

On a completely separate note, I'm completely fine with and actually for staff adding some recipes that *do* make sense but have no clues. Nightmist is definitely lacking secrets lately. Though we have a few that *no one* I know of has figured out AND I'M NOT TELLING. :P

Again, /love maarten for the system regardless of any inconsistencies or any bad talking that could *ever* happen.

Edit: Actually after looking up what "gold-leafing" entails there's no doubt that adding a gold-leaf to a box full of anything imaginable wouldn't be a problem. So yea, realism ftl.

Edited by Yggdrasill, 29 October 2010 - 06:59 AM.

#8 Rush

Rush
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

I talked to Jase he said he didn't see a problem with changing that just to busy atm so probably something after halloween. I would like to see more crafting recipes as well added to the game that would be really nice as killing the same monsters over and over gets rather boring. Its always nice to have something else to do for people who may not need a higher lvl character to craft something another fun aspect of the game. I like alot of the coliseum crafts except on 1alt im not gunna pay 100k gold per token to get more then one token to craft different items just for a name change. But the whole crafting idea is fun :P

Rush in game 1a

^~t|-|ë FïRë WäRmT|-|~^

#9 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

An ant that is half the size of a horse, would have pincers just about as big as a normal horseshoe. And as far as realism goes, how do you gold leaf the inside of a crate when there is stuff in it? You would have to take it out, which you can't, since the filled item is already made, and doesn't revert back. The gold leaf was done, because for 35-40 it would take a lot more gold. So for that you could make actual gold crates, and it would fit nicely together in the total theme.

Coliseum would be changed when the 35-40 lvling stuff was done. And would offer a lot more custom stuff, and for a lot cheaper (could buy access vouchers for plain gold, but they could also drop for instance from mobs, all in diff. quantities (strip of 1, 5, 10)). And there would be different sets (light, dark, dragon, elemental etc) with their own colors, custom messages, and pictures that would complement for each set (mostly class dependant, but some sets had several classes that could wear it). So slowly you could craft your normal gear into that of set pieces. Even top stuff like yo could have a Blade of Time or a Cobalt, both would be able to craft into part of the set, so you could have the same set gear type (not exact names ofc) but with different weapons etc.

Come to think of it I also have other half done things that would spice things up a lot. But it takes such a long time to finish something, especially on your own, so never got to it all.

Staff should probably be managed a bit better so all active ones are working on the same thing, so it takes less time and has a lot more brainstorming, but it's just mostly whatever one sees fit, they make. But you got a new staffer now with probably new ideas, wish you guys well with him, seems like a good one.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

#10 Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

As far as I've seen, no one ever said anything about leafing the *inside* of the box. I had to read that a few times just to get it through my head that you were talking about leafing the inside...that just seems weird to me.

But anyway, back in the day it was always pairs of staff members. Two-man teams for everything. I thought it was a pretty great concept...Xtreme Staffing for those who are hip with the business world lingo. Two people, working together on the same problem...doesn't always cut the time in half, but I'd bet it does most of the time.

Anyway, good thread, was fun.

#11 Rush

Rush
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thanx guys <3 take care

Rush in game 1a

^~t|-|ë FïRë WäRmT|-|~^

#12 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

How is that weird, you want the crate to appear golden. Why would you stop at the inside. I dno about back in the day, I know about back in the year, and it was boring as hell :P
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users