Token Bosses

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:18 PM

For those of you who dont know what happened at gristle today, my guild (treasure hunters) was fighting the boss for tokens. Myself and Xavier were planning on getting tokens. We spent a lot of time getting a party of 10 together in a game that barely has twice that amount at peak hours (not even that most of the time). Anyhow, we got all the brews and everything to fight the boss and went in. At this point is when stupidity struck. Walt (hitokiri) and Clay (incognito) came from below (wasting 100k) and pk’d our party. Now this would be considered strategic if there was a bigger player base, but as it stands now it is plain right ridiculous. From my understanding, prior to this event, once a party went up to fight a boss another party could not enter behind them. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I believe however that this should be how it is. It is the only logical thing to prevent the player base from declining further. Without change, all that will happen is more people will be drove away from playing (not to many left to quit…). Anyways, like I said its not by any means easy to get a party together to kill gristle, and to be so self-important to think you have to do things like this is astonishing to me anyways. Considering he is most of our elders, you think he would be a little more mature and wise to know that not being able to level your characters is a pretty good reason to quit. Bottom line, staff should change this so it is, A ) easier to assemble a party that can kill these bosses, or B ) change it to how I previously thought it was (once one party goes up another cant).

-Ryan

NOTE: by staff i mean elf... <3...

Edited by XxDarkAlliancexX, 10 October 2008 - 11:20 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:23 PM

I always suspected that it was possible to PK a party fighting a Coliseum boss. It isn't possible, to my knowledge, to put a limit on how many parties can enter a square, only the total number of crits (which is 20 for most Coliseum bosses).

If the plan was to PK a party and then claim a token for yourself, then I would consider it a clever strategy, even if I've never been a PKer myself - but to PK you and then log-to-local or whatever they did is pretty stupid, because it leaves them out of pocket as well as you.

I'm guessing it's yet another case of PKing for the sake of PKing. Power for the sake of power... Nightmist is starting to resemble Nineteen Eighty Four more and more.

Edited by Crane, 10 October 2008 - 11:25 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

FTR... I think the whole toekn thing is a stupid... especially on a 1alt server... i know it was ment to help others work with eachother better... but the deminishing player base is dumb... Maybe they should have us craft the tokens... like take a whole bunch of useless noob items like pede glvoes and lovers lockets to make the different tokens... rather then have a boss... it shouldnt matter about walts age... It is a game not reality... I dont think walt would gank somebody getting aMotorized Scooter that he didnt want them to have... But the token thing is stupid... I like my crafting Idea...

BTW!!!

VOTE NICK FOR EL PRESIDENTE OF NM!!!

#4 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:29 PM

In a way maybe, but just because a certain number of players have obtained the tokens they need doesn't mean they should be able to dictate who else gets them. If, and only if, the player base was around twice as many players there wouldnt be a topic here complaining. However, when it is nearly impossible to get a party together to kill these bosses and a couple of people can ruin it, just seems wrong. Having to pay 100k to gain entry to the boss i think that should be enough to garantee you wont be pk'd. otherwise there will be no more people gaining tokens, because if i cant level i got 400k to waste on anyone that wants to get tokens.. and ill be willing to waste alot more if this isnt changed.
Posted Image

#5 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

mentioning his age wasn't a jab, so you didn't have to defend him nick. i was just saying that he should know that it will defenitely drive away players. And unless that is his plan, what he did was completely retarded.

edit: btw, an appropriate way to pk someone doing tokens is an option. killing people on brew runs doesn't effect the turn out of the gristle, and you dont have to waste 100k out of spite. yet you get your little bit of satisfaction from killing someone. :ph34r: ...

Edited by XxDarkAlliancexX, 10 October 2008 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

If 100k is paid by the following, pking, party, don't they have the same right to the boss and anything there as you do?

I'd be happy that I got away with the gold if I were you tbh.

It's part of the game. A lot of people tend to come on here and whine about things that need to be changed because something didn't go their way. In the long run you guys end up overcoming whatever problem that is and get stronger. I face plenty of different problems with things but you adjust and become better. imo

:ph34r:

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#7 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

I agree with you ryan the tokens... certain classes like for zerk are damn near impossibel to get a group of enough people to even wanna fight the long dragout fight with the herald...

Everyone and their momma owns a theif and i thief if everyone made nice the gristle runs wouldnt be soo hard...

he only reason pande has a hard time doing runs is cuz not everyone is on at the same time as everyone else
others are burnt out...

But i stand by my statement Nich For EL Presidente and Tokens should be craftable... make use of stuff that gets thrown out of those acct vaults...

Youll still need a party for tirantek...

But it makes it less annoying and easier to lvl up...

#8 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:52 PM

Hi all. Let me just say that preventing a level 33 thief from becoming 34, who has a cobalt staff of the winds, and a level 32 ranger from becoming 33 was basicaly the point of what went on today. I know it sucks, and maybe staff should look into this. We weren't sure if it was possible to even go in, so I grabbed a tarma potion and got some gold, and took a chance.

Up we went, and one by one, the enemy clan went down. (No Crane, we didn't go in, hit once, and log off. We stayed untill all were gone, and were the last ones to leave) . As they said, it was 10 of them, and only 3 of us. (You forgot to mention Lethal_dose was there Ryan) What should have happened was you should have said, ok, go for this guy on my mark, and bam! Down one of us would have gone. Doing it again, another one surely would have fallen.

Granted, it must have sucked for 10 of the best in our enemy's guild to fall to the wayside, but gg to a small number of pande for preventing for the moment 2 of our enemy guilds best characters from leveling.

Imo, it was well worth the 50k gold that mike and I paid to prevent this from happening. And just for the record, when pande goes for their tokens, the founders always have a "what if" plan in case a situation like this does happen.

Good luck next time, and see you on the battle field.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#9 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

I myself think it is pretty funny that it happened. The game is about competition, and in this round you got burnt. Maybe you should have thought of doing it to us sooner, or should have been more careful.

Good Job Pande!
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#10 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:14 AM

If 100k is paid by the following, pking, party, don't they have the same right to the boss and anything there as you do?

I'd be happy that I got away with the gold if I were you tbh.

It's part of the game. A lot of people tend to come on here and whine about things that need to be changed because something didn't go their way. In the long run you guys end up overcoming whatever problem that is and get stronger. I face plenty of different problems with things but you adjust and become better. imo

:ph34r:

Lol, you say that now clay, but lets see how long you stay capped. Besides that, your post makes no sense in response to mine. You didn’t account for the player base being “nuts” and that your clan wont be able to get tokens either from this. And your forgetting this is the most popular class on nightmist 1a. Which means, its even more unlikely to get a party ready for herald and even demilich. Infidel wasn’t mentioned because it has been killed rarely even when player base was better. Id say one solution would be to offer there be a small somewhat hard solo boss that cost 200-250k. Call it like minion of demilich, blah of infidel, ect. They could drop the same token and solve the problem of having to wait long periods of time before you can level your characters. You could get a party together and take it down for 100k. Or take it down solo for 200-250k. And before anyone says this would be fair to the others that have already leveled, it cost 100k more+ the player base isn’t the same as it was when you leveled. I remember when pandemonium had more members on at a time on average than the game is at. So I believe the game is going to fall even further if this isn’t looked at. Plus this will make infidel possible making clerics a relevant class.

Just an idea though, the main thing I want looked into is the incident at the gristle. Im not saying it was necessarily wrong even, just uncalled for. Like I said in previous post, if the player base was bigger it would be a strategic move. Because with a bigger player you can obtain your tokens sometime in the foreseeable future (as of now it takes weeks to get tokens, maybe more). But in reality, you could go back and forth with killing each other at the token bosses and end up with a load of maxed out characters on a game that isn’t going to exist much longer. I guess if you want to leave it at that, then so be it, but I for one think token bosses should be changed to a nopk square.

Anyways, nicks idea isn’t bad either, but I think that my 200-250k solo idea was better, considering it would be kind of high in price and relevantly hard. Heck, you could even make it hard enough to need nightshades and make it a little cheaper. It would take some time of course to implement any of the ideas where throwing out. So I see the only plausible thing to do is make it a nopk square. end.
Posted Image

#11 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:25 AM

And just for the record, when pande goes for their tokens, the founders always have a "what if" plan in case a situation like this does happen.

well all know this is bullcrap you are spitting out to sound cool
Astinus on 1alt Only

#12 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

i understand why you did it, as i said that in my posts. It is strategy, but it is not reasonable that you wont be able to level your characters(ever pretty much)... because its hard enough to get the party together period more less have enough to fend you off and then take down gristle. its literally impossible, especially using a tarma to wait and see when to hit, we had no chance to hit you until you clicked one of ours. thus creating a problem weather of not we had a plan or not. And i didn't stay and fight because two of you can click me and i had 400k on me. and you clicked a couple to begin with, so it wasnt like there was a point to kill you other than to chance loosing 400k... lol... anyways, that just shows bad character to me. again ill bring up pking prior to the boss runs, that's fair and u gets you the same amount, or even kills as i would have stayed to fight... Your just trying to diminish the player base huh walt,... Come on, admit it ....
Posted Image

#13 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:30 AM

I think this is kind of funny and a bit of quality play.
I was thinkinng exactly what Rob just posted---though more thinking it was a lie to hope it doesn't happen back to them.

The tokens seem kind of old with the number of players on now, but...
-shrug-
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#14 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:30 AM

And just for the record, when pande goes for their tokens, the founders always have a "what if" plan in case a situation like this does happen.

well all know this is bullcrap you are spitting out to sound cool

You nod your head in agreement with Payne.
Posted Image

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:31 AM

My bad with my judgement there. Preventing a player from levelling has been an age-old tactic; remember the days of the Granite Beasts on the way to the desert? Spending 100k to stop a player from levelling though, without claiming the token for yourself (maybe for later use), comes across as a bit of a Pyrrhic victory to me.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#16 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

Were I to make the square NOPK
what would stop a second party from following the first
and not only possibly getting the KS but using enemy pots as well ?

Not sure that is your answer.....
and no I cannot lock a grid once a party has entered it....
There is no such command..... sorries ;)

Elf :ph34r:

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#17 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:43 AM

meh, that makes sense actually... you could always make it banable to screw someone over at token bosses or "There are currently 0 characters online." will be the result.

Edited by XxDarkAlliancexX, 11 October 2008 - 12:43 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

To Astinus and Ryan: So when we go in, and we say in founder chat, if they try to come up and pk us, save stam and go for the mid lvls first and then got for bigger levels is not a plan? Then again, you have both been founders in Pande and have seen all that goes on in founder chat too haven't you?

To Gaddy: Lying is for little kids who get their hand caught in the cookie jar, or criminals who get caught with the smoking gun.

To Elf: Can't you tweak the entrance to something similar to the park benches in RH? once 2 are on the square, no more can enter. I've no clue about the way things work over there on the other side(staff), but if this may be one possible solution?

To Crane: At only 50k per persons cost, it wasn't as devestating to us as you may think. Gold comes so easy to thieves over here on the 1A server if you haven't heard.

Edited by Walt, 11 October 2008 - 12:54 AM.

#19 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

Well if it can take 10 people to take down the gristle then why not cap it to 10 players on that square at once?
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#20 Elf

Elf
  • Game Staff
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:56 AM

I could do what is already in place in the Coliseum limit the amount of alts allowed on the grid.
But all the Coli Bosses are limited now.

The Secluded Bench is limited to 2 chars on the grid at a time.

ok... hold yourselves.... this may hit a funny bone...

I will approach the great JLH to give a grid command to lock a grid once a party has entered it.
I know it is possible.... there was another game I played that had this command.
If he has the time..... maybe... who can tell. I do not give up easily.... ask the poor man
He has been black and blue more than once from my nudging his msn over and over :ph34r:

Wish me luck all !!

Elf ;)

Meeting you was fate,
Becoming your friend was a choice,
But falling in love with you was beyond my control..

#21 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:58 AM

So when we go in, and we say in founder chat, if they try to come up and pk us, save stam and go for the mid lvls first and then got for bigger levels is not a plan? Then again, you have both been founders in Pande and have seen all that goes on in founder chat too haven't you?

Lying is for little kids who get their hand caught in the cookie jar, or criminals who get caught with the smoking gun.

another lie to cover up a lie...

seeing as ya made some enemys today with this act it wont be hard to dish back the same treatment cuz we can split the cost between us and usually taking down 3 of ya will be enough to spoil the run.. oh and bringing in a lower lvl so spam delete your pots.... this is just what nm is going to turn into now :ph34r: so congratulations for giving people another reason to not train or play this game.. i lucked out im already lvl 35 ;) but seeing ya only have enough people during prime time to do these kind of bosses belive that we will be around doing this back.
Astinus on 1alt Only

#22 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:59 AM

We weren't sure if it was possible to even go in, so I grabbed a tarma potion and got some gold, and took a chance.

To Astinus and Ryan: So when we go in, and we say in founder chat, if they try to come up and pk us, save stam and go for the mid lvls first and then got for bigger levels is not a plan? Then again, you have both been founders in Pande and have seen all that goes on in founder chat too haven't you?

why would you think we might come up if you dont even know if its possible... and i for one didnt think it was possible.
Posted Image

#23 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:03 AM

I have a simple solution. Put everyone on 1a on one square. Let them duke it out. Who ever is the last man standing wins the whole game!!!! Then delete 1a and make main even better than it already is.

I'm a genus! :ph34r:
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#24 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:05 AM

We weren't sure if it was possible to even go in, so I grabbed a tarma potion and got some gold, and took a chance.

why would you think we might come up if you dont even know if its possible... and i for one didnt think it was possible.

We were never sure if it was possible, but long ago, when we first started levling via the token system, MD had mentioned doing this exact same thing. So a "what if" was mentioned, and still is common knowledge.

#25 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:07 AM

Can't this be done at ngh. You silly bitches! Cleary forums are for well thought suggestions like mine above. You can have a peeing contest at ngh. :ph34r:

Edit: Just wanted to say I don't really care about this post, i just don't want my genus scheme to be deleted.

Edited by «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤», 11 October 2008 - 01:08 AM.

I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#26 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:16 AM

FTR!!!

Walt is not a liar he is senile... WHen you get to his age it happens...

Pande will be having a bake sale to help pay for a nurse to give him a sponge bath...

Please page one of our founders for info...

#27 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:17 AM

Main is terrible as well and ruined when the levels went to 40 and only certain people bothered to ever train their arches to high amounts of experience and therefore got a tremendous headstart.. Then nopk was added.

Anyway there is no real way to fix what caused the downfall of both servers unless they were both shutdown with a complete reset and fixed of the current problems before being restarted.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#28 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:47 AM

When I came back...and found out how one needed to lvl past 30 in 1a, I laughed inside. Seeing this just helps prove that. I just plan on getting a crit to Arch and then just make as much gold as possible lol. On an extremely good moment you'll see 20 users on and half of them aren't even worth taking with u to get the tokens probably.
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#29 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:51 AM

/nod trance... plus the fact once you get 10 of the 20 players to help(rare) this nuts will happen... kinda pointless..
Posted Image

#30 cxoss

cxoss
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:20 AM

Lol at this and ty to walt for giving credit where credits due :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users