multi-alt update

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

So I'm interested in what players of multi-alt think of this.

On 1-alt, there's a vast system of collectible items available from most common areas.  Most of these items are collected, bagged and used for levelling, but there are a few that can be directly sold for gold or other goods.  While there is no place for levelling items on multi-alt, how would players feel if some more monsters dropped items that could be sold, and maybe in multiple places for different prices?

I'm all for different play styles, and this one would primarily cater for scavengers and explorers, and trainers to a lesser extent.

#2 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

I know since I have been playing multi for the past month/few weeks is that I would not like to see this on multi Nightmist is a incredibly long grind and making it longer by adding more items to condense down takes time which I think is silly cause my time is limited on the game and when I am playing I wanna be making progress not crafting items down .

My highest lvl on multi is a lvl 26 paci been enjoying it a lot. But some problems I have seen with multi/1alt is that some areas like IT can only support 1 person exping which I don't know much ab adding onto a area put I would rather IT be big enough so that me and my bro could train both of our chars there at the same time. More store bought items that are more affordable to the average player would be nice. It's easy to add gold to a game it's even harder to take it away.

I know there is not much you can do ab it but the roller is the biggest show stopper in NM it's incredibly hard to roll a 4 stater and most everyone will not buy a char unless it's perfect or at least a 5er. I have prob spent over two weeks rolling for two paci rolls.

I also know anyone who actively plays multi doesn't wanna hear this but the 20 alt limit needs to be lowered to 5-10 and everything be adjusted accordingly to balance it. Yes you won't be able to solo many bosses but that's the point tho is to work with the other players still trying to play the game help them build up parties so the bosses can be done ect. I try to friend anyone I see online on multi so I can talk with them and learn all I can and make a new friend. I have always thought a mud was more so ab the community than the actual game itself.

I know there have been plenty of good suggestions on the forums I suggest taking some from gnarkill and piddy I am more so on the viewpoint they have in the game.

#3 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Oh and my suggestions are for both 1a and multi cause I don't see them as different games.

Server merge 2014 1 game 1 community many voices! Lolol

#4 Ste

Ste
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

You are 100% wrong in terms of the alt limit being lowered. Multi is NOT about teaming with others in order to do bosses.. That is 1alt. if you want to do that then play 1alt. I play multi as id rather boss/train by myself than with others. There are higher end areas in multi that do require teaming together with others and that keeps it fair as the items obtained are of a higher end value.

I think the items that Stig is referring to are items such as black sapphires, amethyst, large emerald etc? which are dropped by monsters and can be sold in shop for 1k/1.5k/7.5k. Also items that can be crafted to make items that are shop sellable such as dagger of the winds, and items that can be exchanged for gold sovereigns such as viper claws make a good addition :-) more of these types would be good.

#5 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

I like the idea and I would enjoy seeing some new item drops off mobs on multi that you can sell back to a shop for a lil gold!

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#6 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

Edited out cause I don't wanna argue about the economics of nightmist.

More gold with no sink = bad.

Edited by Melchior, 19 October 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#7 Ste

Ste
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:17 PM

The economy in multi is a lot different than 1alt. The fact that it costs 1mil per level past 35 for one character says it all... to level several different characters past 35 all at the same time costs quite a lot of gold.. Stigs suggestion will help bring a bit of variation to the game, make people train in alternative places and make use of areas that otherwise, wouldn't be touched. You will understand once you decide to level a party rather than a paci lol.

Personally I think any new additions to multi are always welcome, considering it doesn't receive as much love as 1alt does for reasons which are beyond me

Keep the new suggestions coming Stig :) #1 Staffer :-D

#8 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

Roll me a party! I got a few rolls nothing to call a party yet lol.

#9 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

I say a good idea as it gives us more to do then just boss. Wayne you and your bro can go train in barracks or land of the dead. They both can support two pacis.
Peacemaker both servers.

#10 Melchior

Melchior
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:57 AM

True dat broski.
Prob start training some clerics after I get a few decent rolls.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multi-alt, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users