Spiders Blocking Sk Spawn

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:13 PM

Too often SK can't spawn because checkers drag 5 guard spiders to his square. I can't think of any specific reason why this should happen, so can his home square be fixed to prevent dragging? (same reasoning applies to GSW to lesser degree)

Edited by Sleeping, 23 March 2009 - 02:14 PM.

Does not play well with others.

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

I don't like this. I say leave it as is and people get less lazy and not moose up the spawns and we'll be good. On 1a, GSW is OFTEN blocked by 5 mobs on squares. I don't know what people are thinking when they log on a boss square that's filled with mobs... Silly noobs..

Leave it alone, not supported.

Not directed at you serg. Just saying in general, people need to stop being so lazy and clean up after themselves.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Lol @ not supporting

Nothing to do with being lazy, how hard is it to click a spider, just people forget and log off before having done so. This in turn messes up spawn for everyone. You can't sit on a square to stop spawning, this means neither can a mob. Obviously supported.

Edited by Angelus, 23 March 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#4 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Often times checkers are pacifists that can run by ktps. . . Meaning they can't just click a spider.
Autek in game.

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

lol @ clicking a spider with a party full of clerics.

If people check bosses with pacis and run to a boss square that in turn is full of mobs so it can't spawn, and do not come back to clean up the mess, that's lazy.

Or with gsw, people are robbing dessy and get noticed and in turn run for dear life to gsw so they can log asap, not even thinking about dragging mobs to block spawn. Or a senseless person checking GSW with a unvert character that fills up the square and they don't have the power/pots to kill them without dieing. These people are lazy because they don't feel like gathering a party to go clear out the said square.

Not sure where the humor is in that. People need to man up and clean up their messes and this wouldn't be a problem. Still not supported.

#6 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Don't care, I support. These discussions tire me, too lazy to get into it with clay.

Edit: To the below posts, it's not them who deserve it, it's other people who play on different times when SK could've spawned but didn't cause others leave it there with 5 mobs.

Edited by Angelus, 23 March 2009 - 09:30 PM.

Angelus ingame.

#7 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

If they don't give a f and leave them there, why would they deserve the boss to spawn?

Ok, nvm but still if you don't clear the square, you don't deserve a boss spawn. :ph34r:

Not supported.

Edited by Sausage, 23 March 2009 - 09:31 PM.

#8 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

You apparently aren't getting the point, they're saying that if somebody doesn't clean the square afterwards then EVERYBODY ELSE suffers. I'm sure the person who did it couldn't care less.

Supported
Neo Ingame

#9 Stadicx

Stadicx
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

To not support this is like not supporting mobs dropping gold. Makes no sense.. :ph34r:

#10 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:55 PM

You apparently aren't getting the point, they're saying that if somebody doesn't clean the square afterwards then EVERYBODY ELSE suffers. I'm sure the person who did it couldn't care less.

I'm not missing that at all. I'm saying people should clean up after themselves. Unless they wanna keep being twatwads, then everyone suffers. You guys act like we don't clean up after that 5 mob mess on GSW all the time. It's part of the game, deal with it.

Supporting this is like supporting turning nopk on, it doesn't make sense.

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

This is the case with all bosses that have draggable monsters around.
Players have to clear the squares; it's just how it works.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#12 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

So people will be allowed to prevent certain boss spawns by dragging monsters onto it?

I can't be logged on all the time to stay on a boss square to prevent it, so I can just put some extra monsters there while I log off?

Think of every scenario, it's not 1 person playing Nightmist, ruining the boss spawns for him/herself, they're ruining it for everyone.

Lame.

Edit: It is only 2 bosses though that I don't care for, and since caring about the game itself doesn't get me anywhere, the fact I don't need any sgs or gsw drops, I'ma go ahead and say not supported.

Epic.

Edited by Cruxis, 24 March 2009 - 01:57 PM.

#13 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Those bosses are relatively easy to get too and are such the first ones new or small players encounter. It's already somewhat of a problem that one person can run through bosses and take them all out fairly easy, so 1 person has fun as opposed to 17 others (according to the player count I saw last night). Now even if by a miraculous reason the boss is still in, when it's that easy to kill, there is a chance a simple mob can mess it up.

Why insist on not changing it when the game is about killing bosses. I don't see what reason there could be against it. I know you're trying to make the game 'harder'. But in reality there is nothing hard about the game besides getting pked, staff most of the time mistake hard with tedious.

You have to think about it, if I would play another game and there would be no opposing party to play against (in this case a boss), why would I even play? So why limit it, not like the economy would get even more messed up by the slightly more daggers or sg drops, but it does offer some more variety.

To note, the time I did actively kill bosses I never found SK in ever. And that was checking daily+ for weeks.

Also I know if it's not in for me, it's not in for someone else, so it's an equal playing field. But not everyone plays to be better then his neighbor, some just play to have the joy of killing something worth killing.
Angelus ingame.

#14 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Well this can be solved very easily for the Main server. Since most of you all have boss parties very close to all the uber bosses anyway, why not make yourself a small mob clearing party as well?
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#15 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

1. I prefer preventing above curing.

2. The players I'm speaking for don't. That's the entire point, these bosses are small bosses, they already get overrun by large players and on top of that there's a chance a mob will have it prevented from spawning.

3. Stop talking about main like everyone has 80+ crits and checkers everywhere. I don't, and neither have the people who are supposed to be killing SK because that's the top dog for them at the moment. Besides that, I do not like the use of checkers and as such will not use them, if the game forces me to do so (which it did), I'd quit (as I've done). Sucks having to spend most of your time getting to a place and then realizing nothing is there time after time. In my vision that's not what the game should be about. Why spend all this time checking upon checking, and then when something is in kill it within a few min. Not much of a game imo.
Angelus ingame.

#16 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

I agree why not make boss squares so that only 3-4 draggable monster are allow on that square?
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#17 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:58 PM

this idea is ridiculous.

know why?

because people INCLUDING STAFF are not supporting it

you know that people get BANNED if they leave a crit to block a spawn right? so how come its ok to drag bad guys there to do the same thing...

honestly, if i wasnt here to point these things out to you all, wtf would you be doing hmm??
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#18 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

you know that people get BANNED if they leave a crit to block a spawn right? so how come its ok to drag bad guys there to do the same thing...

honestly, if i wasnt here to point these things out to you all, wtf would you be doing hmm??

You can't sit on a square to stop spawning, this means neither can a mob. Obviously supported.

Alan consider yourself pwned k?

Edited by Angelus, 31 March 2009 - 02:39 PM.

Angelus ingame.

#19 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Killem
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#20 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

To not support this is like not supporting mobs dropping gold. Makes no sense.. :ph34r:

No, supporting this is more like supporting making it so that after a player steals gold off of a mob, it regains the gold for other players that come and kill it.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#21 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

No, supporting this is more like supporting making it so that after a player steals gold off of a mob, it regains the gold for other players that come and kill it.

Although I would say that is a pretty accurate statement, a boss has somewhat of a bigger impact and already has a fairly long waiting period for a spawn. Not that I care anymore if it's adjusted or not, but where the old players already can go far out of town to get the quite epic drops. New players still have to get the basics that are sg's for their crits, so all I'm saying is that this is really a key boss for new players to get some dex and one of their first proper boss drops. Even if it wouldn't make much sense to you, why would you take that away?
What's the gain for the game? Keep it from being overrun with items? Yea right. Making it slightly more boring for new players? No doubt.

Edited by Angelus, 01 April 2009 - 03:39 PM.

Angelus ingame.

#22 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

1. The Spider King is hardly a "new player" boss.
2. The boss isn't taken away by having it's spawn blocked, and I almost always kill the monsters if I see them.
3. The boss has been this way for YEARS! What is different now? The fact that you're more likely to get to find it since there are fewer players?

That doesn't justify making the spawn even easier than it already is---maybe 20 squares from town?
If you can kill the Spider King, you no nOOb, and you can almost certainly clear the square.

#23 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:48 AM

1. Depends on what you define as a new player. It's one of the first meaningful drops that you don't easily discard as you grow.
2. I thought the boss was taken away by having it's spawn blocked? Isn't that what it does, it's blocked and thus doesn't spawn?
3. The thing is different now that there are hardly people playing, thus a mob blocking spawn will be still there hours later. Especially when in different timezone then others.

Also killing it and being able to fight it are two different things. But I already know it won't change and I respect your views on it. I guess we just want different things out of the game (checking bosses isn't something I like doing when continuously finding it not having spawned).

So I'll leave it as this...unless I feel the desire to post again as I prefer having the last say :ph34r:
Angelus ingame.

#24 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

You can't sit on a square to stop spawning, this means neither can a mob. Obviously supported.

Alan consider yourself pwned k?

Fraid not, I was backing up what you said, noob?

I feel a new suggestion coming on...
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users