Experience Loss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Judging by the other topic this looked like something that needed to be debated perhaps for staff to get the players view point, so here's mine:

Pk is being switched back on Main to bring back activity correct? So why not keep it as the capped 1.5mill, this will encourage people to play/PK and generally have FUN as they won't have to worry so much about losing a ton of experience from engaging in the fun activities the game offers.

While I understand the reasons why it was switched to the 1.5mill loss due to it being nopk I feel that it was a change that should happen on both servers normally, I just feel that if people have put in the effort to get to that level of experience they shouldn't be penalised for engaging in the activities which the game offers and make the game fun.

After all I think we can all agree that this is a game so why not keep it fun and minimise punishments for playing :ph34r:

Note: Please don't flame each other and generally start arguments, this should be discussed and anyone no matter which server should be entitled to an opinion of whatever side they are on.
Si Senior!

#2 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Not Supported (1-ALT)

#3 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

I support this. I dont really care if I lose all the exp because I know I wont lol. I am trying to make it fun for other people and keep the game pretty active :ph34r:

I support this. I dont really care if I lose all the exp because I know I wont lol. I am trying to make it fun for other people and keep the game pretty active ;)
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#4 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

Well the point you brought up is pretty good. That after losing so much exp a person wont find any fun in pking. However, this will lead to them training more instead of pking so they can better there crits so that they can pk with out dieing as easy. Also, I know that there are some players out there who would enjoy pking more if they knew they were severely injuring the other players exp (At least I know on 1a this is very popular).

So I agree with taking the 1.5m cap off, A.) Its off on 1a and its way harder to level on there. B.) It will keep people on there toes.

Edited by Dekade, 07 January 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Logos.

#5 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

dont agree.. alot of people dont care about kill to death ratio and with minimal "punishment", as your referred to it, they will suicide pk.... i think it should be the same on both servers for one thing, and as of now 1alt is fine.. it is annoying to lose 7-10mill yes... but it makes you think twice about being stupid lol...

So I agree with taking the 1.5m cap off, A.) Its off on 1a and its way harder to level on there. B.) It will keep people on there toes.

exactly..

Edited by Ryan, 07 January 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#6 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

I personally don't think it should be set back to 1.5m XP loss if death or pk. I'm one who enjoys to pk, and I do so regularly, aswell as several others in my clan. It doesn't bother me to die once or twice and lose 5m XP each death, but after 3 or 4 deaths it does tend to get annoying to look at my XP bar afterwards. Some of the time when I kill someone it's just for a pk, yet sometimes it's to tell someone how irrational they are or that they should move training spots, hoping they don't get the gesture.

Although, another side says due to fact I'd be able to die more in pk battles without having to worry so much about having to earn so much XP back.

I, however, do care about my kill/death ratio aswell. I don't really want my character having more deaths than kills and I'd like my kill ratio to continue going up, yet there's only 1 way to get there.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#7 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

I don't for see this being changed... it was put in on main because of the ammount of crits you use on main compared to on 1alt.. You get pked, or run in to a trap, or anything, on 1alt, you are losing exp on that one character, now if you get pked, or run in to a trap on main, most people are losing it on 20 crits... now think... 1.5m *20 Crits = 30m exp you have to remake... Now if it was changed back and you are losing the .5% or what ever it was before.. people with 20 crits get thier party pked or run in to traps (which is highly more likely on main with areas like the shifting sands) You are losing 100+m exp you have to replace....

So with that, i am pretty sure guys could tell where I stand on things... the exp was not capped at 1.5 because of the server being NOPK, why would that be the reason? Its an NOPK server only way to die is to get killed by a monster or run in to a trap, on which you just go to an easier area and make it back with no fear of being pked and losing more exp. It was capped at 1.5m exp as an attempt to get player motivated to do things again, and explore new areas that they haven't done. And futhermore wouldn't it make more sence to leave the cap on if we want people to play more, and not be afriad to leave town and do more since its easier to make 30m exp back then 100m?

If we switch it back you know what is going to happen? We are going to get people playing again.. lose a bunch of exp on there crits and lose ambition to make it back because they have so much to make back...

So where will they end up........?

Back gate sitting at either North or South Gate House in NM doing nothing till they get board of that and stop logging on again...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#8 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

I don't for see this being changed... it was put in on main because of the ammount of crits you use on main compared to on 1alt.. You get pked, or run in to a trap, or anything, on 1alt, you are losing exp on that one character, now if you get pked, or run in to a trap on main, most people are losing it on 20 crits... now think... 1.5m *20 Crits = 30m exp you have to remake... Now if it was changed back and you are losing the .5% or what ever it was before.. people with 20 crits get thier party pked or run in to traps (which is highly more likely on main with areas like the shifting sands) You are losing 100+m exp you have to replace....

So with that, i am pretty sure guys could tell where I stand on things... the exp was not capped at 1.5 because of the server being NOPK, why would that be the reason? Its an NOPK server only way to die is to get killed by a monster or run in to a trap, on which you just go to an easier area and make it back with no fear of being pked and losing more exp. It was capped at 1.5m exp as an attempt to get player motivated to do things again, and explore new areas that they haven't done. And futhermore wouldn't it make more sence to leave the cap on if we want people to play more, and not be afriad to leave town and do more since its easier to make 30m exp back then 100m?

If we switch it back you know what is going to happen? We are going to get people playing again.. lose a bunch of exp on there crits and lose ambition to make it back because they have so much to make back...

So where will they end up........?

Back gate sitting at either North or South Gate House in NM doing nothing till they get board of that and stop logging on again...

If getting pk'd and losing exp makes people afraid to go out then they will just become more dominated. While they are in town afraid to go outside because of the big bad men then all thats going to happen is that big bad men is going to get bigger and badder while they stay the same and they will never have a chance to go outside. Again, Nightmist is HUGE, on main its not hard to find a nice quite place to train. On 1a you can't go near as far nor near as many places and yet its ok to have the 1.5 cap off there? Yes 1.5 cap was on to get people to explore new areas such as the Strong Hold and Shifting Sands but if you wanna be one of the only players that knows the area then I would think it should be a difficult pass, not one that you can go and suicide all day and at the end get the prize.
Logos.

#9 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:42 AM

I'm not down with this clown.

Not supported, by one of the reasons stated above.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#10 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

This was mainly meant as a it shouldn't be changed back on Main, but just thought I would throw out the idea of it being on 1a as well. I see what you mean about it encouraging suicide pking, therefore retract my side as being pro-change for 1a, however, I still feel it should be left as it currently is on main as stated by mine and Mark's reasons.
Si Senior!

#11 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:36 PM

I love how people post about only losing 5m on their level 31s or whatever they have when they have no idea how much level 36-37s lose and all some kid needs to do is hit/run and he takes away weeks of training/bossing :ph34r:

Edited by Hansol, 07 January 2009 - 05:37 PM.

#12 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

I love how people post about only losing 5m on their level 31s or whatever they have when they have no idea how much level 36-37s lose and all some kid needs to do is hit/run and he takes away weeks of training/bossing :ph34r:

I think your logic is flawed. The person who first said that main needs the 1.5cap off is.. Guess what level? 36. He knows exactly how much you lose when you die on a 36, so before you come bringing the "I have 36-37's thats gonna lose exp and all of you are noobs that whine because you lose 5 mill on your level 31's" I'd actually read peoples post.

And if 1 pk "takes away weeks of training/bossing" I would suggest you train on something with better pod.

Edited by Dekade, 07 January 2009 - 06:13 PM.

Logos.

#13 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Main was changed to 1.5 mil exp loss because of Shifting Sands, and The Stronghold i believe. People were just to afraid to explore the areas to find out what was what and how it was. Now, over a year later, I am sure a very good map, if not maps of the area are in play on game. The traps are set into place, and nothing new is going to pop up and get you.

Both of these examples can no longer be played as to why exp loss should not go back to the way it was. You now know what you need to do, as well as how many friends you need to take along with you to be succeed in these areas.

You all fought for main to have pking turned back on. You now get your wish. Why should you be able to pk without any risk. If you get pked, you asked for it. If you make a wrong turn, then be more careful.

Why should it be any different for one server, then the other. Several players on the 1A server take the chance of loosing well over 11 million exp when we step foot out of town everytime.

You want to kill or take the chance at being killed, then you should RISK your exp.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#14 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

I think your logic is flawed. The person who first said that main needs the 1.5cap off is.. Guess what level? 36. He knows exactly how much you lose when you die on a 36, so before you come bringing the "I have 36-37's thats gonna lose exp and all of you are noobs that whine because you lose 5 mill on your level 31's" I'd actually read peoples post.

And if 1 pk "takes away weeks of training/bossing" I would suggest you train on something with better pod.

first of all I share with the author of this topic and hes on my side and says xp should be capped at 1.5m and instead of worrying about what I train on talk to me when you have double digit cobalts k?

you dont need to jump at me when I point out that a single death makes you lose at least 20-30m so all someone needs to do is just hit/run on thieves and no one would ever get a 40

Edited by Hansol, 07 January 2009 - 06:50 PM.

#15 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

On our server, people actually explore and die in areas and to monsters.
We encourage that; it is the main point of the multi-alt server.
That is why the exp loss was capped.

So, I disagree with altering the system to support making a minor point (PKing) something that frustrates players more and causes players to be less likely to utilize certain areas.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#16 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

first of all I share with the author of this topic and hes on my side and says xp should be capped at 1.5m and instead of worrying about what I train on talk to me when you have double digit cobalts k?

you dont need to jump at me when I point out that a single death makes you lose at least 20-30m so all someone needs to do is just hit/run on thieves and no one would ever get a 40

So, I disagree with altering the system to support making a minor point (PKing) something that frustrates players more and causes players to be less likely to utilize certain areas.

Hansol - Sorry I didn't care enough to make millions of gold for millions of cobalts. Was not needed, a few are nice and thats all it takes especially if one uses rangers. Like me. Didn't know it took double digit cobalt's to have posting rights but nice job there. As for the hit/run on thieves um.... Nightmist is huge??? And I know there are plenty of places to go train that a thief party wouldn't even make it to solo, I would think you would know you have millions of cobalts.

Gaddy - So exploring on 1a is discouraged? Or is leveling on 1a discouraged? Why have -20-30mill on 1a where you have to pretty much train solo, Meaning you don't have 4 clerics and a party full of lodestones to keep you healed and buffed. And not on main? And as for you saying that pking will make people use less areas, um on 1a it made people use more areas. Because you knew if you stayed in a certain area to long or in an area that is highly used you would probably lose exp. If anything this will make people go train in some of the underused places to stay away from pkers?

Logic is king.
Logos.

#17 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5244 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

This isn't about 1-Alt. As I explained, the servers are not comparable in actual systematic gameplay.

Please refrain from going off-topic and bringing up 1-Alt on every post about Nightmist that is being made.
The arguements for each server are completely different, and 1-Alt players never stop complaining when Nightmist players post on their topics...ya'll are not even posting on the topic, you are posting about a separate game's comparison and complaints.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#18 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

You had more then 1 full year to go out and exploe, so I think that point is now mute. Hitting traps and dying to npcs is a part of the game. If you do not think you can take an area alone, then use co-op with your clan. If you are the only one in your clan, then use an ally.

May I have the 30+ mil I lost trying to solo maneaters? OFC not, because I tried to do something new and exciting by myself. What about the millions I lost to The Gargantuan Black Widow? I tried to see how well I could fair up there with cobalt and a bunch of brews. I can go on and on with the things I have tried solo, and also what our clan has tried and died to.

We did not make exscuses, nor did we stop trying. The only thing I see is a bunch of people with super high levels characters complaining that they may indeed loose some exp.

This isn't about 1-Alt. As I explained, the servers are not comparable in actual systematic gameplay.

Please refrain from going off-topic and bringing up 1-Alt on every post about Nightmist that is being made.
The arguements for each server are completely different, and 1-Alt players never stop complaining when Nightmist players post on their topics...ya'll are not even posting on the topic, you are posting about a separate game's comparison and complaints.

And if this is so the case then Gaddy, why do you always have to have input on a server you know nothing about or want to have nothing to do with?

Edited by Walt, 07 January 2009 - 11:45 PM.

#19 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

especially when only part of it had to do with 1alt and the rest to do with multi..

+ the fact that it is the same game, just different servers.. they will come in to comparison..

#20 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

I didn't know there was a difference between the servers when it come down to killing mobs for exp.. attacking players to get pks... losing exp when you die...

No those aren't the same at all.
Logos.

#21 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:29 AM

The concept behind each server is the same, yes.

But the game play is different..

1) One server you use 20 crits, as for the other one you use 1

2) Different areas

3) Different ways to level up, including different guilds.

4) Different Bosses

5) The 1alt server is suppose to be built on team work, as for the multi you more count on yourself, and what you can do with your characters.

I could go on.. but I am going to end there being as after that you should as atleast get the point that was trying to be made about the servers being different games.

So for that topic, its done and over and don't want to hear anymore about it or I will start getting mean.

Now 2nd lets get back on topic about, what should be done with the MULTI-SERVER and leave 1ALT out of it, k? Good... ty...

And as a side note.. again, this is for the multi server, so unless you actually play multi or have VERY HIGHT future plans to play multi when it becomes PK again. (And No, I am not talking about logging on 1 character and talking or where, I am talking about actually playing the game) then please do not post on this topic since it does not really concern you....

Thank you...

<3 Scripto

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#22 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:39 AM

While I understand the reasons why it was switched to the 1.5mill loss due to it being nopk I feel that it was a change that should happen on both servers normally,

No offense to you Mark, but 1a was mentioned, which does leave room for input, therefore it being put in.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#23 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

The concept behind each server is the same, yes.

But the game play is different..

1) One server you use 20 crits, as for the other one you use 1

2) Different areas

3) Different ways to level up, including different guilds.

4) Different Bosses

5) The 1alt server is suppose to be built on team work, as for the multi you more count on yourself, and what you can do with your characters.

I could go on.. but I am going to end there being as after that you should as atleast get the point that was trying to be made about the servers being different games.

So for that topic, its done and over and don't want to hear anymore about it or I will start getting mean.

Now 2nd lets get back on topic about, what should be done with the MULTI-SERVER and leave 1ALT out of it, k? Good... ty...

And as a side note.. again, this is for the multi server, so unless you actually play multi or have VERY HIGHT future plans to play multi when it becomes PK again. (And No, I am not talking about logging on 1 character and talking or where, I am talking about actually playing the game) then please do not post on this topic since it does not really concern you....

Thank you...

<3 Scripto

Ok, let's break this down, point for point.....

1)You can gain exp on 20 different characters at once, whil erunning your party with however many clerics you may choose to do so with, yet 1A can only run one character, and gain exp with one character at a time. If I loose 11+ million exp on my main character, then I must forego any future training on one of my many alts, yet if your party looses exp, then you can just regroup, and train them all up at one time.

2)There are only a handful of different areas on main, and those are the ones that staff will refuse to input on 1A. It seems 1A does alot of things better, faster, and harder then main. Put your areas on 1A and I bet we destroy them just as easily. And we won;t be afraid to explore The Shifting sands and loose a bit of exp.

3)We all know how unbiased 1A's leveling system is to Mains. Let's see, on Main, if you want to level one character from 31-35, all you need is a class restricted item. you pay that item for level 31, and 32-35 is free.
Contrary to 1A, you need to progressivly get coli tokens and level up that way. 1.5 million gold totaled, plus any cost of mana/potions. You also need help from friends/foes to get said tokens, because you can not solo any coli boss.
Now, from level 36+ on Main, you pay 1 million gold(yes, that is all you need to do). You log your 20 characters, play Main for 2 hours, get your gold, and viola, you level your character.
On 1A, you need to get 5 class tokens from coli yet again, then pay 2 million gold(yes, you did read it corectly) just to level to 36. Then, for each and every level therefore, the price in gold doubles, and you still need 5 coli class tokens. Can you believe that?

4)Re-read point #2, I think I covered this well enough.

5)Yes, teamwork for 1A. If we fail, we fail as a clan, or party, so everyone suffers. There has been a number of times one important party member went down because of ks from and npc(boss), or a dc, and the entire party died. Or just the leader took a wrong turn and ran into a death trap.

As for main, yes, one can roam around with 20 of your biggest, and badest characters and pwn the whole realm if one wishes to. We all know how bad 20 characters are. We all know how easy it is. I'm not saying running up to 20 characters is easy, and keeping htem all alive is something of beauty. But when you can rape the server, and move about with ease and no worry, then why would you be afraid of loosing a bit of exp? Or has the Main server gotten so laxed and lazy, that the mear thought of a challenge is not within their scope of thought anymore?

Did I stay on topic enough for you, or should i get ready to say my fairwells now, and "I'll see you when i get unbanned".

And I have every right to discuss this issue, as I have logged on more the 2/3 of 2008 and killed a boss, so that means I play the game. So my views are as relavent to this topic as anyone elses.

I sit and wait for your rebuttle, since this debate is far from over in my eyes, and alot of other peoples eyes as well.

#24 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:50 AM

I hate to be the bad guy, but this topic again is going no where.. and as I stated in my above post this topic is about main so leave 1alt out of it.. so I guess this topic is done and the staff team will decide what should be done with the exp.

Thank you.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users