Who Do You Think Will Win?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

Poll: World Cup (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

i said either france/portugal/brazil would win, 2/3 are still there ;) atm france would be good, hate the germans, hate the italians....and france has a better chance against the 2 than portugal

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#122 Carbon

Carbon
  • Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

its funny how people keep changing their minds about who they think are going to win.. of course they are going to argue that they were going for the team the whole time.. but we all know they lie ;)

I didn't think brazil would win, not even close.. they get very lucky with the team draws, and they always manage to play all the easy teams first.. but as soon as a remotely difficult team comes along they struggle to keep their posture..they expected to walk through the world cup, and ronaldo especially think this..he bearly moves; but can't complain he scores...brazils defence is completely rubbish..anyone who would have watched the highlights of the game would have laughed at the amount of defending done at the time of henry's goal.

I think germany will win, they proved themselves many of times and their big match against argentina proved that they are a strong side and a threat...they play italy tomorrow, another strong side, so depending on the outcome of that match and the france portugal we are definately going to see one interesting final on sunday :wub:

#123 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:42 AM

I've said France from the start, even have a buttload of money on them to win the tournament that I put on about a month ago.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#124 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

dood italy is not a strong team.....theyve had the easiest road by far.....i mean gotta love ukraine and shevchenko but come on....USA? come on....

o shut up tony

#125 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:44 PM

Italy 2-0, bye bye Germania.

#126 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

Prediction: Italy 0 France 0 AET goes to penalties, italy wins, revenge for 1998 ;)
Si Senior!

#127 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:51 PM

come on the french!

dun like supporting them normally, but, they beat the DIVERSportugeseDIVERS so ill be wearing thier colours come sunday!

#128 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:56 AM

How's this for a big call.....

FRANCE 3-0

A repeat of 98 vs the best defencive team in the world. It's going to rock!

#129 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:30 AM

englands the best defencive team in the world.
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#130 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:47 AM

How's this for a big call.....

FRANCE 3-0

A repeat of 98 vs the best defencive team in the world. It's going to rock!

id love to see that happen, but what id love 2 see more is, Italy goes up 1-0 and be all italian and sit back, France attacks and attacks, a late goal by France catches them, Italy used all its subs defensively, while France uses theirs offensively(my boy trezeguet comes in mwahah) and France wins 2-1

but its funny i told my dad the same thing, wouldnt be gr8 if France won it again by 3-0 lol

englands the best defencive team in the world.

/nod lovin me some john terry and rio ferdinand, 2 best defenders in the world on the same team lol, a better goalie would be nice tho ;)

ANYWAY, yeah i got France, like i did from start (one of the 4 teams i said would win, tbh tho i was leaning more for england)

o shut up tony

#131 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

And Sam if you know anything about Italy, they always sit back because they are the master of the counter attack. So if france attack and attack Italy are more likely to score.
Si Senior!

#132 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

Italy win 5-3 on penalties unlucky Jazza

#133 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:08 PM

Yeh Zidane with the head butt rofl.
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#134 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:49 PM

And Sam if you know anything about Italy, they always sit back because they are the master of the counter attack. So if france attack and attack Italy are more likely to score.

my dad told me about that actually

yeah very unlucky but a couple things i didnt like
1)Its not like the italians outplayed the french, the french dominated them but a great save by buffon and a unlucky crossbar hit by trezeguet
2)the ref didnt even see waht zidane did, HE SAW THE REPLAY!!!! thats not allowed for a ref to make decisions off a replay(they say he talked 2 his assistant, but even an assistant can only call fouls.....in any case it happend behind ref's back, not the 1st time they would have had 2 let something go cuz it was behind his back. Anyway game of that magnitude, u dont send off, let fifa do the punishments)....and zidane is the master of penalties, he was not gonna miss
3)french coach is a dumbass taking off thierry henry and frank ribery, not smart

Edited by combusta, 09 July 2006 - 10:09 PM.

o shut up tony

#135 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:19 AM

England is pants come on lets face it.

Bar Gerrard, the foreigners in their club teams make them appear better than they really are. I guess we'll be hearing the whole "This year we really stand a chance" thing again. Followed by "Rooney's redemption" for his red card... And finally followed by a loss in which everyone else but the team actually gets blamed. Deja voo.

As for the final, lets forget about it, the best team in the competition France got robbed for some meatball loving fool getting his chest in the way of the great Zidanes head. What a sham.

And btw, Italy wasn't even on the list lol, yet U.S.A was up there. And respect to their keeper.

#136 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

lol http://emca.ytmnd.com/
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#137 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:35 PM

I'm dissapointed I was expecting some american to post after the tournie had finished saying america would win it lol.
Si Senior!

#138 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:15 PM

Golden Ball to Zidane, i think it was just for headbutting the Italian asshole, i bet he said after he did it "1 down, 22 to go"

btw its reported Materazzi called Z a "dirty terrorist" (remember Zidane is muslim) before getting his ass knocked the moose out

Edited by combusta, 10 July 2006 - 09:19 PM.

o shut up tony

#139 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:13 PM

Whether the ref saw Zidane or not, he cant get away with something like that and deserved the red card.

#140 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:50 AM

who cares, brazil wins ;o

#141 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

Brazil got played off the field by France, and Zidane can headbutt who he likes.

#142 Josh00089

Josh00089
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:14 AM

Brazil got played off the field by France, and Zidane can headbutt who he likes.

they let them.

#143 Krakatoa

Krakatoa
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:46 PM

Golden Ball to Zidane, i think it was just for headbutting the Italian asshole, i bet he said after he did it "1 down, 22 to go"

btw its reported Materazzi called Z a "dirty terrorist" (remember Zidane is muslim) before getting his ass knocked the moose out

Actually materazzi said Zidane's mother was a 'Dirty Terrorist Wh*re', zidane is half muslim, his mother is full muslim.

And the votes for the Golden Boot where at half time, otherwise zidane wouldn't of got it, lucky..

get ya facts straight ;)

Edited by Krakatoa, 16 July 2006 - 11:48 PM.

#144 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:30 PM

How can you be half muslim? Its a religion, you either are or you aren't lol.
Si Senior!

#145 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

Actually materazzi said Zidane's mother was a 'Dirty Terrorist Wh*re', zidane is half muslim, his mother is full muslim.

And the votes for the Golden Boot where at half time, otherwise zidane wouldn't of got it, lucky..

get ya facts straight ;)

u shud get ur facts straight, he called his mother an algerian slut, the terrorist thing was an early report which was said 2 be false

o shut up tony

#146 Krakatoa

Krakatoa
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:57 PM

good point.. i havn't a clue.. guess hes not a muslim never see him praying or whatnot..dont think he has time too ;) perhaps he prays at night ^.^ hes only ½ muslim!!! lmao

#147 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:40 PM

So it'd be unfair for me to vote now, but I wouldn't be able to pick the winner anyway, not even "Other" or something.
-shrug-
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#148 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:13 PM

get ya facts straight ;)

u shud get ur facts straight, he called his mother an algerian slut, the terrorist thing was an early report which was said 2 be false

actually the terrorist ho thing is legit and nothing about an algerian sl*t was said here.

PROOF - taken from the mirrror, popular paper over here.

THE furious mother of Zinedine Zidane last night PRAISED her son for his disgraceful World Cup headbutt on Marco Materazzi.

And Malika Zidane warned the Italian defender she wants his "b*lls chopped off for his part in the French skipper's sending off amid claims he branded her a "terrorist #####" in the ugly spat.

#149 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:40 AM

even better lol, more reason for zidane 2 have knocked him the fk out

o shut up tony

#150 EzPk

EzPk
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

im glad he did it, fair play to him.. and i wish he headbutted him in the face, leave him with something to remember..after juventus' selfish greedy act by trying to bribe referee's italy don't deserve anything but to be punished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users