The Gauntlet

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#91 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:39 PM

"Well I suppose I should stop delaying things eh?" Opie said with a grin.

He lead Steven down to the end of the hallway to the front of a large wooden door.

"Here we are!" He said as he knocked on the door. As soon as he had, he took a sharp step back just in time to avoid a large blacksmith hammer burst through the door.

"I'm not repairing another one of those metal dummies! You can just leave right now!" Someone yelled in an obviously fake Scottish accent.

"Oh get over it Smitty! You're not even Scottish! Besides, I've got someone here for you, he's staying here until the tournament starts." Opie yells as he picks up the hammer and hands it to Steven.

"Well, good luck buddy, sorry I couldn't find a normal room for you."

Almost as an afterthought, Opie yells "Oh! and by the way, SMITTY! I think you might have to repair one of those metal dummies" as he runs away laughing.

Edited by Opie, 11 September 2004 - 09:41 PM.

*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#92 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:37 PM

As the hammer came flying out of the door, Steven immediatley turned to his side, narrowly missing contact with it. He let out a sigh a few seconds later, finally daring to move.

He remained there, trying hard not to listen to Smitty and Opie as they conversed. Suddenly, Opie left and Steven was left with this... hammer-wielding, brute, missing teeth and smelling of God knows what (or so his mind pictured).

"...G-Good bye, Bill!" he found himself yelling as he left, waving as Opie fled. Steven's back was turned to the door. If Steven couldn't see Smitty, then Smitty couldn't see Steven - such was Steven's philosophy.

"Thank you and happy trails!"

He could almost feel the nervous sweat bead off of his face.
Posted Image

#93 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:15 AM

((Alright. Now Crane, I am not used to doing battles unless I am in control of myself and my opponent, can we just assume that what takes place takes 2 hours and ends up with both Darksparrow and Crane learning something? It seems reasonable to me, because there is still the actual story to get to.))

Darksparrow grasps a sword about the same size as Crane.
"Anytime you are ready, we can begin. He still bears his evil grin.

----------

Christine departs from the hallway, unable to make up her mind.

----------

Around Tlaloc, the guards move into the hallway, blocking his escape.
They all grasp their sword hilts tightly, ready at a moment's notice to attack. The one missing its shield grasps for it as it approaches Tlaloc.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#94 Vardoth

Vardoth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:24 AM

''This dinner sure is talking long to cook.'' shouts Vardoth <I hate those cooks who think they have to have everything perfect for thier master> he thinks <i guess the lord must be busy....maybe it is time to make my presence more clear he thinks as he walks out of his room.

#95 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:47 PM

((Green_Mantis... That could be classed as God-modding, and now might be a good time for you to learn how to fight without having total control over your opponent!!))

Crane looks worried for a split second seeing the Lord Darksparrow wield a six-foot wooden sword, but is not too taken aback - he reveals a false smile, then bows his head and prays for a few seconds. Being the overly defensive fighter he is, Crane waits for the Lord Darksparrow to make his move.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#96 Vardoth

Vardoth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:51 PM

Vardoth quitely creeps down the corridor past the eerie suits of armor.

#97 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 01:07 AM

((LOL Crane, I had no intention of god-modding, I was suggesting that we basically skip this because I would like to advance the story, and what Darksparrow and Crane are doing really has no effect on the story, you can say later too that Darksparrow may have told you a few odd tidbits about his castle, things I just don't put into type. That is all, I don't like messing with other people's characters. There will be plenty of fighting to come.))
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#98 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 11:50 PM

Two Consecutive Bells can be heard in the deeps of the keep.

#99 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 05:27 PM

A servant dashes into the room and quickly whispers something to Darksparrow.

"It would seem dinner is served earlier than expected." He says to crane, dissappointed.
"It would have been an honorable duel, I'm sure." He bows to Crane and hangs up his wooden training sword.
I swear I will flay those servants for depriving me of a real combat!

Darksparrow gestures to the door. "I will ask you to accompany me to the great hall if you would be so kind. And you can tell me of your adventures along the way. I have not left this keep in some time.

#100 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

"I hear bells" Tlaloc grins at the metallic guards, turning his head to look over his shoulder... they blocked the corridoor at both ends and seemed to be moving in on him "But I'm guessing you guys don't do a whole lot of eating, which happens to suit me just fine"

His eyes, however, narrowed, flicking here and there looking for some way...

Despite all his bluff and blunder fighting an army of heavy metallic fiends wasn't something he did too often. He was a swift fighter, he took his hits where he could get them... and somehow he believed walking suits of armour wouldn't have quite as many weak spots as the average tunic or doublet

<Not to mention that, do these things even have vital spots?> he thought grimly. A humanoid could be cut down relatively quickly... slashed heels, legs, arms... not a whole lot of people could keep fighting once they'd sustained such injuries, but when what you were fighting wasn't alive cheap shots weren't going to cut it

He used daggers, not swords... what did he have going for him here? A dagger probably wouldn't even dent these things, and certainly couldn't cause one to bleed to death.
These metallic things...
His eyes fell on the one he'd pilfered his nice new shield from... the one that was even now reaching out for it. The others had their weapons drawn but that one... that one didn't

"You want your shield?" he asked, his voice dripping venom as the sneer plastered itself across his face. It took some effort but he hefted the shield and tested the weight.

"Well here you go" he swung that arm forwards and towards the shieldless warrior, using the hefty shield as his weapon, throwing all his weight and force behind the swing as if it were some sort of battering ram.
(Please note- he keeps hold of it ^^)

Even as he did so his other arm stretched towards the still sheathed weapon, hoping that his nimble fingers might just manage to clasp it and release it from its sheath... hoping that he might be able to arm himself and give himself a chance.

((ooc: eh... with the chimes? There was one when the notes were 'passed out' two just now... I thought five were needed to signify dinner? :P))

Edited by Charon, 25 September 2004 - 10:15 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#101 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:05 PM

((Yes there was origionally supposed to be five, but the rp was stagnating and I had to move it forward.))

Christine appears back in the hallway. Right in front of Vardoth.

"What are you doing? Did you know already that dinner was ready? Or were you going to steal something?" Her eyes narrow as she says this, and her hair twitching anxiously.

---------------------
As the shield impacts with it the suit of armor the outstretched gauntlet catches it in an iron grip, the aromor is hardly phased at all by the attack however. Though as it reaches for its sword it finds the shield is in the way. The other armors move in closer, pressing in on Tlaloc from all sides. Traping him between the wall and the guards.
(So he is in between some rock and a hard faced croud.)

#102 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

Crane was somewhat thankful he did not have to duel the Lord Darksparrow just yet. He put the wooden sword with the rest and retrieved his Justice Blade, then followed Lord Darksparrow. He still felt excessively powerful and swift as his Divine Prayer had not worn off yet.

"I have not witnessed any great wars myself, Lord Darksparrow, I am still young," Crane answered. "I had a rather nasty incident recently in the Sleeping Fox Tavern in Nightmist. A... vampire... attacked me - I was not injured, but it was a horrible experience."

"May I ask what you have on the menu for dinner, Lord Darksparrow?" Crane asked as he walked alongside him. His stomach rumbled furiously.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#103 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

((*groan* ^^;; ))

As the sheild collided with his opponent the impact revertibrated through the metal, sent a shudder through Tlaloc's bones as he let out a gutteral groan. He hit again and again but the jarring impact only hurt him more and more until he ended up fully surrounded. Each hit the thing grabbed the shield again, every time he tore it away as his weapon and defense... every time it was getting harder to loosen the suits grip.

Yes he'd managed to stop his main attacker drawing its sword... that was something... and yet he hadn't managed to catch hold of it either. The shield was heavy and each failed attempt at damaging these things cost him energy and breath.

Back to the wall he raised his eyebrows slightly. Dark metal warriors surrounded him on all sides.

"Guess I underestimated you metallic morons eh?" but he was grinning faintly... for as they approached the shadows were growing around him, their tall bodies obscuring some of the magical lighting.

Those same shadows stretched across his face, emphasising a dark sneer

"Y'know what? Tlaloc doesn't go down quite as easily as you seem to think, so you let the puppet master know he'll have to try a bit harder eh?"

His back against the wall he shifted weight yet again to accomodate for the shield. The damned thing was more trouble than it was worth, but the more these things fought the less willing he was to give it up

"Now you see me" he whispered... then without warning to vaulted lightly into the air... and over the soldiers heads. He landed almost effortlessly on his toes, though his balance was tilted precariously to one side"Now you don't" he smirked from behind them...

"Now collapse already" he cursed as he closed his eyes fearing what the impact would do to him... and then yet again swung at the suit's back "Or at least get a bloody dent"

Edited by Charon, 28 September 2004 - 01:11 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#104 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:12 AM

As the situation escalates out of control of the dozen or so guards in the hallway, and it seem that Tlaloc is about to escape. Loud creakings are heard in all corridors as more guards mobilized to assist in the reclaination of the Lord's property. As the first forms are seen, some are obviously honor guards, or elite guards who carry halberds, others carry royal swords, and shields. These guards however seem like they are not going to mess around in retrieving the shield...

---------------
As Tlaloc strikes the armor from behind, one could swear there was a dent, but as it turns out, it was merely an unlucky insect.

#105 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:59 PM

"That might be harder" Tlaloc grimaced as he cursed to himself, the impact causing him pain yet again

<I can't win this>

He looked up hearing the foreboding clunk of metal on concrete, looked up... the first thing he noticed was the sinister gleam of the magical light striking one of the warriors, the light gleaming along the edge of its vicious halberd...

Others yet carried shields like that he himself held... held swords that gleamed just as dangerously

"Yes puppet master, send your troops" he murmered darkly "That's more like it, you're taking me seriously now"

All talk... Tlaloc... was he all talk?
Perhaps... perhaps he was, but trial and error was a legitimate stratedy... and now, now Tlaloc was watching something. As they walked forwards, as those near him moved... he was watching, watching accutely, step... step... step... and his eyes were alight.

He looked up slowly, watched the way the light was moving on the swords, the way it glanced of the shields, the way it tainted the sharp and quite possibly deadly halberds even now coming his way... step... step... step...

"If you have any sense you will let me leave this corridoor now" Tlaloc said slowly, his voice not quite as it had been moments before... as pale hair straggled out from his bandana, framing his face. His expression was strained, his exhaustion was surely starting to show due to his overexertion trying to hurt these things, his pain could probably be seen in the way he moved... probably.
But his ever grey eyes were smiling.

"Someone has a taste for overkill don't they?" he grinned "And that's all well and good... the overkill... but you see... strong power, hefty defense... it comes at the expense of other things. Want me to show you what?"

#106 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:49 PM

"Well Crane, I have some of the finest chefs in the land in my employ. Today I believe we will be having roast-" A loud creaking interrupts Darksparrow in mid sentence.
"Bloody...You will have to excuse me Crane, I need to attend to something. The great hall is just down this hallway on your right a little way, the large double doors. You will know the room by all the gold. I will only be a moment.

Darksparrow turns quickly down an adjacent corridor, his cape flowing behind him.
You bloody pieces of enchanted armor are always over reacting, it's probably just another rat.

Edited by green_mantis, 05 October 2004 - 02:49 PM.

#107 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

"So... what do ya sa-" Tlaloc cut himself off quickly... for though he stood his ground, ready to make his move... when somewhere beyond the metallic clanking he could hear normal footsteps, and somewhere beyond the tall and well armed pillars that were surrounding him he could see the flash of a cape.

Silently he took scuffled steps back, steps he took painstaking effort to conceal beneath the movement of the metallic soldiers

"Sorry fellas" he feigned apology under his breath "Looks like I really may have to duck out on you"

And all at once Tlaloc was fast, ducked back, ran towards one section of the moving wall and skidded along the ground between its legs, using the shield as a sled of sorts... a sled that scraped against the concrete with the gritty, horrid shriek of slate against a blackboard.

Sparks flickered as it scraped along leaving faint scratches on the floor and then once past the warriors he staggered to his feet, bandanna snagging on a passing halberd and fluttering to the ground, leaving his pale hair to fall about his face as he attempted to make his backwards 'retreat'

Edited by Charon, 11 October 2004 - 11:40 PM.

#108 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 11:02 AM

((sorry folks, I will be posting VERY soon, I've had alot of school work to catch up on))
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#109 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:23 PM

Hey im Vardoth sorry for the delay, I had to change my name and stuff and ive been really busy.

Vardoth walks up to Christine ''Are you going to take me to the dining room or do i have to find it myself'' he says in a very disturbing tone as if he is laughing at the servants comment.
Stadic Ingame...

#110 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:57 PM

((It wont let me edit my post so im sorry about the little colour mistake.))
Stadic Ingame...

#111 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 03:00 PM

((1 member is celebrating his/her birthday today
green_mantis(17)

/cheer))
Stadic Ingame...

#112 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

"The servant behind you will lead you to the great hall."Christine says plainly, not pleased with the sneaky Vardoth.

A servant is behind Vardoth (One would think he wasn't there before, but he must have been, since no one saw him appear.) Gesturing the way to the great hall.

Likewise servants make their way to the other's rooms to alert them that dinner was served early, and to apologize for the inconvinience.
Christine personally headed to bring the message to pyri.

-----------------------------

Darksparrow storms into the corridor just as Tlaloc is vacating it.
"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!!" He booms, making even the stoic guards tremble.
(Pointing at the shield-less one.)" You! Where is your shield!?

The guards indicate that a humanoid creature had taken it, and had refused to give it back.

"Hmm, no matter, the shield will disappear if it isn't attached to you anyway. Go to the blacksmith and get a new one made. Don't report back to your station until it is done. Keep pressure on that smith, I didn't bring him here to do nothing but complain all day."
With a swoosh of his cape Darksparrow turns, and heads back towards the great hall.

The guards head back to their stations, all except the one missing its shield. That one ran straight towards the smithy.

Edited by green_mantis, 28 October 2004 - 07:12 PM.

#113 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

Steven suddenly turned around as he heard the ringing of the bells.

...Wait, what is that supposed to mean? he thought to himself, idely looking around as if the greenery would magically answer him.

Still dumbfounded, he began to take a step towards the blacksmith's shed when he suddenly heard steps coming from behind him. Ripping around, he blinked twice - a statue was following him?

Steven didn't really know what to do. He sidestepped to the side and waved to the statue as if it were a real person; maybe it was? He scratched his head, trying to shake all the confusion out of it. He really didn't want to be with that smithy right now; not after he had nearly taken off his head with a stray hammer.

Taking a deep breath, he quickly ran back into the keep, the same way the statue had come out.
Posted Image

#114 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

Vardoth starts to look at the servent not blinking an eye waiting for the servant to make the first move. ''Why do i need a servant to lead me, is the lord scared some of his precious belongings mey dissapear.'' he says with a laugh.

''Im not just waitiing here for you to take your time Vardoth'' says as he starts walking towards the Great Hall.

After a few minutes of walking he turned around to see if the servant was following him. There was no one there. He turned back round and was startled to see the servant standing in front of him. The servant again gestures the way to The Great Hall and the amazed Vardoth starts walking again, pondering to himself what hapened.
Stadic Ingame...

#115 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:44 PM

"See, all the trouble for nothing" Tlaloc rapped his fist against the guards, now stationary and back where they belonged. Pale hair fluttered infront of his face as he silently watched DarkSparrow storm back the way he'd come, cape swishing behind him

"Got a right attitude problem that guy" he grinned, snagging the bandanna from its place on the ground "I reckon he... could be some fun"

His eyes glinted as he watched the man dissapear out of his range of sight, before he ran his fingers across the now scratched metal of the shield with a slight sigh... but he was determined not to have it 'dissapear' as the man claimed. In a single motion the bandanna was around his head again, tying back the hair...

Shadow momentarily blocked the magical lights before they flickered back into being... but the shield was different. He wanted deniability. The shield was bronze now, the striking colour scheme gone but the markings still there, the white sparrow now a plate of black metal... yes, the symbolism was still there. The thought of seeing DarkSparrows face when he saw him carting around something oh so similar to the shield of these metallic menaces... was too tempting

"Have fun fellas" the man grinned at the rows of guards before fixing the shield across his back and moving silently along the corridors in the direction he'd seen DarkSparrow swanning off in.

He'd looked miffed at being interupted... which probably meant he'd been on the way to something important. Perhaps the Great Hall... Tlaloc faintly remembered hearing the bells sounding beyond the clammering metal.

"Still" Tlaloc thought grimly as he looked at the guards one last time before nipping around the corner to somewhere finally free of them "I do so hope there aren't too many of those in the gauntlet. Suits of metal... could prove troublesome"

Feeling 'safer' now, back on track and where he was intended to be, Tlaloc rapped his fingers against the walls as he hummed himself a little song.
Oh not the most pleasant of songs, but certainly his sort of song. Rap rap rap... perhaps he was testing for something, perhaps not...

But the doors to the Hall were open ahead of him. He could see the other 'shady' character already inside, and apparantly slightly awed by yet another of those infuriating mutes...

He watched the man for a moment with almost malevolent interest... and then Tlaloc surpressed the smirk, surpressed the comments and forced a look of what was almost normallacy onto his face
"Hey there. Vardoth, wasn't it?"

((ooc: I'm aware I probably dashed straight past DS... erm... sorry ^^;; Im also aware I probably dashed away from Steven. Also sorry. I'm kinda lost in the Geography of this place... thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it ^^))

Edited by Charon, 05 November 2004 - 11:58 PM.

#116 bloodprincess

bloodprincess
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:16 AM

((do you mind if sexxy little me joins))

#117 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:39 AM

((Not at all, just do so quickly and intelligently.))

#118 bloodprincess

bloodprincess
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:09 AM

((ok))
annalise marie dentano finds herself lost in one of the chambers again "where am i now? great lost again" she wanders around in a labrith like chamber " HELLO" she yells

#119 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:13 PM

Vardoth turns round and looks at Tlaloc. ''Yes that is my name'' there is a pause and Vardoth looks at the shield on Tlaloc's back and wonders if he has some link with DarkSparrow. ''Well do you have something to say or are you just another one of those annoying fools. Well......SPEAK!'' He hears a sharp yell coming from one of the chambers. ''We have yet another new arrival.'' he says with a smile and looks back at Tlaloc waiting for his reply.

Edited by Sean, 08 November 2004 - 04:16 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

#120 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:54 PM

"Kindly don't do that again" Tlaloc practically spat as he leaned forwards, placing his grim visage and dangerous smile very much into Vardoths point of view. A tone of warning tainting his otherwise amused voice "Because I don't appreciate people who choose to shout in my face, and unless you truly are as idiotic as you first appear you would have realised that I was the one who spoke to you in the first place. I was being..." he paused, pulled back and straightened up, and as the briefest of moments passed by in silence a distainful smirk crawled slowly onto his face "polite" the finished sentence hovered in the air uneasily, his distain marking the word as being obviously out of place

Tlaloc's glower remained for the briefest of moments in his pale eyes... and his voice lowered "So kindly don't confuse me with those mute freaks... it doesn't pay to make assumptions based purely on what you see"

And then all at once the eyes were amused, the anger that was there... vanished. The sense danger from the smirk was gone, substituted with an offputting but less threatening grin. Tlaloc's tone was flippant as he moved past him almost as if the 'misunderstanding' hadn't rattled his cage at all
"So my dear Vardoth..." he asked casually, never asking about this supposed new arrival Vardoth claimed had arrived... purely because he thought that perhaps the man wanted him to ask "whats for dinner?"

Edited by Charon, 08 November 2004 - 11:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users